Ross' Moon GTI

cafcross

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh I haven't tested it out yet!

It isn't on the struts as 1) it wouldn't look as good all the way back there and 2) the struts are double skinned so harder to drill into. Plus I wouldn't be able to get to the spare wheel well.

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers chaps.

Yes Phil, scrubs horribly. Don't really want to raise it but I may have to. The only other option is rolling the arches, which I'm gonna get a quote for this week hopefully.

Wheels are coming off this week for winter anyway so I'll have a couple of months to get it sorted.

• 4 weeks later...

Update 23rd December

Well you may or may not seen the thread. But basically it's knackered.

A slight rattling from my engine turned into hell yesterday. Driving home from work all I could hear was a metal pinging noise, then the aux belt jammed and all I could hear was screeching, then my power steering went. I get into my road and there was just unbearable noise. Parked it up and myself and my mate's dad pushed it back to my house, which on ice isn't fun! Spoke to John (Casper) who reckons that the tensioner snapped forcing the cambelt off, and the pistons are hitting the valves. New cambelt, valves, pistons and possibly head...or if I can find another engine for less than the repairs then that will be the option.

Had the car recovered to a garage I use today. Whether or not they'll be able to look at it before Xmas I don't know, and repairs won't commence until possibly the new year. Gutted isn't the word.

Suck ross, it really sucks.

You might be lucky, it may have only jumped a tooth or two, which means the valves might only just be clattering the valves. Damage might be minimal.

All more reason to get a ported head on it now. I know a guy that is very good, not an age away from you either.

Keep me posted mate, ill keep an eye out for you for bits.

John

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.

Well got the engine problem fixed. Turned out to be the power steering pump and the aux belt. £234.95 later and as good as new, including a nice whiney diff that sounds like a supercharger B)

Gave it a wash the other day with my new snow foam lance that the missus got me for Christmas.

All dirty

IMG005.jpg

IMG003.jpg

IMG042.jpg

Foamed up

IMG041.jpg

IMG040.jpg

Nice and clean

IMG011.jpg

Then yesterday it decided to go pear shaped again. Dropped my girlfriend off, was doing a 3 point turn to go back out of her road, started reversing and slid. Brakes did nothing and I slid into a parked car. That car was fine, but I need a new rear bumper, as you can see from the pictures below...

IMG021.jpg

IMG034.jpg

IMG037.jpg

I've ordered one from VW today and will be going into the bodyshop in a month anyway for some work already planned, so will be driving around with a battle scar for a little while.

Pisser. :(

Does the snow foam leave the car that clean after rinsing?! So in the winter when you can't be arsed to wash the car you can just foam it up and rinse it off? Might have to get one if so!

Snowfoam lances are ace, make sure you use the right product though. I use a citrus wash in my snowfoam, cleans off the majority of rubbish on its own, Still need to shammy over to get a propper finish.

£101 for the bumper including VAT.

As for the lance didn't get it off as much as I would've liked, yet I hadn't washed the car for a month, so there was loads of grime and salt etc caked on. That was after 2 passes of the lance and one hand wash.