20v 1.8T Conversion........423BHP 2019 Updates!

My_Names_Buck

Hi Sam, nice car... How much is the insurance? :D

When is the body work going to be done? Flames up the side of the car??? Gullwing doors???

haha dont you dare! lol :D

it will probably be in the new year now tbh I think I might be sorting my track day/strip alloys and r888's firstly but I want everything to be sorted for early on next year, it seems like christmas is almost here now where has the time gone! :o haha no i was thinking biggest body kit I could find, some flip paint but defo some gullwing or LSD :P lol!

What bodywork you having done, looks preety good from the pictures.

What about a smoothed mk1 arosa bumper? Or is that a silly suggestion.

LOVING your loop mate!!

Front or rear?

Depending onn that, it could be silly :P

Haha i was actually looking at a mk1 rear bumper that was smoothed already onto it but never went any further with it. I'll probably jus end up fillin the recess and smoothin mine unless one comes up thats reasonably close to me I think :) hah yea a front bumper could be interesting lol! Well Ive gots the rear bumper to sort out on it, then I've gotta do something with the front bumper as I want something with a deeper air intake as half of my intercooler is actually covered atm so I want to exposte it fully if possible to suck as much air as possible :) can't decide whether to modify mine or source a different aftermarket/gti one? Then the rest really will mainly smoothing bits and bobs out here and there and a full respray probably :) mayb with the odd something special thrown in along the way :D lol! hoping to get something sorted staret of next year really :) ooo yea and most importantly that I almost forgot :o is gettin me bloody archs pulled and rolled so I can get some fatter rubber under there to get the power down and stop it rubbin like a b@'ch :s lol!

Sam.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just read all this too..... i think its amusing how people think 250+bhp in a fwd car is too much and you cant use the power right..... you can use it how you like if you dont have a lead foot and know how to apply the power..... possibly getting a mk1 arosa sport next year once my mk4 cupra has gone so will eventually get round to doing a 20vt lump into one i think :D Just a quick question though, has anyone dropped the new 2.0ltfsi lump into an arosa / lupo yet? and also how do you go about things with drive shafts? do you use the standard ones? modify some others? as personally id hate to be running cut/welded shafts in a car with over 250bhp.......

BTW awesome car pal, looks the nuts and im sure goes like stink ;) well done :D

• 1 month later...

Hello folks, haven't done an update for a while and haven't been on here for a few weeks either :s My shafts are custom made ones althou i might be right in saying I think you can get away with using a standard vr6?? shaft on the one side but the other still needs to be custom I think.

Recently had the car serviced and had her on the rollers again after a bit more tinkering this was the result

DSC00686.jpg

286 bhp at the fly @ 4875 RPM

234 bhp at the wheels and

315 lbft at approx 4250 RPM

of which both figures are up since its had a bit more mapping and was RR last June :)

Car is in at southam bodies this week for some bodywork to commence as well, finally got round to that althou still no videos :(

Sam.

• 2 weeks later...

This Lupo is perfect. Engine, wheels, interior , everything :wub:

Is this your daily?

Thank you very much for your comments petar but you are a true GOD! your work really is exceptional, you've got a real skill :)

naww its not my daily but does still get a fair amount of use.

We're not all as lucky as you to have two insane lupos :P lol!

• 2 weeks later...

You should stick that in your window so people who are old enough to know better in mk4 golf estates don't try racing you down the A5 :D

Nice little blast tonight, and nice motor dude :shades:

Haha :D hows it goin mate, I was strugglin to start off wit it wasn't boosting right up until the last blast where I got off the a5 for sainsburys, it doesnt like running on 95 octane for some reason and doesnt always boost when I change gear :s lol! mind u what u runnin in yours thou, you werent hanging round it it! I love the estate mk4's they look sick!! :)

saw this today

its very smart and tidy i must say :)

Thank you very much, the recent bodywork has tidied it up quite a bit i think :) spent aggessss cleaning on the saturday nyt when i got there thou, lol.

yeh saw this at tamworth sainsburys, Amazing looking motor!

Thank you, was filthy thou then lol!

Saw this at southam bodies, only live a few miles away an took my mate to pick his up spotted yours straight away new bits look good. Saw you got the badgeless grill done properly like they did mine :) love your car every time i see it maybe one day mine might be as quick....

Until then i can live in hope. Looked very tidy at UD's i can't help but stop an have a good look every time i see it.

Saw this at southam bodies, only live a few miles away an took my mate to pick his up spotted yours straight away new bits look good. Saw you got the badgeless grill done properly like they did mine :) love your car every time i see it maybe one day mine might be as quick....

Until then i can live in hope. Looked very tidy at UD's i can't help but stop an have a good look every time i see it.

ah ha, so you had a sneaky preview then did ya :P lol, yea im pleased with them they have tidied the car up nicely and made it look a bit more complete as well!! top job done by gregg thou, well happy :) thank you mate you never know thou wat the future may hold thou so never say never! lol.

sam

Haha :D hows it goin mate, I was strugglin to start off wit it wasn't boosting right up until the last blast where I got off the a5 for sainsburys, it doesnt like running on 95 octane for some reason and doesnt always boost when I change gear :s lol! mind u what u runnin in yours thou, you werent hanging round it it! I love the estate mk4's they look sick!! :)

It's a 1.8T from the factory, AUM engine. All the bolt on bits for stage2, downpipe fmic etc and custom map. Dynos around 230bhp/255lbft and weighs about 1800kg with all my tools in the back :lol:

Is your motor running oem management so you can pull fault codes from the ecu? If so i had a similar issue solved by taking some preload off the actuator. It wasn't releasing right making the ecu see overboost and sticking me in a temp. limp mode - happened on part load/throttle occasionally too. I've since tightened it back up and compensated for it in the n75 mapping. 1.8T's are basically my daily work (not sure if you noticed my reg plate?) so let me know if you want me to take a quick look, i'm only in dordon.

It's a 1.8T from the factory, AUM engine. All the bolt on bits for stage2, downpipe fmic etc and custom map. Dynos around 230bhp/255lbft and weighs about 1800kg with all my tools in the back :lol:

Is your motor running oem management so you can pull fault codes from the ecu? If so i had a similar issue solved by taking some preload off the actuator. It wasn't releasing right making the ecu see overboost and sticking me in a temp. limp mode - happened on part load/throttle occasionally too. I've since tightened it back up and compensated for it in the n75 mapping. 1.8T's are basically my daily work (not sure if you noticed my reg plate?) so let me know if you want me to take a quick look, i'm only in dordon.

Ahhh didn't think it was standard by the way it moved, especially with all that weight in the back :o lol. yea its still on the standard management just really irritating when it does it especially at inconvienent times like racing you :P lol. Nah i didn't notice ya plate but I thought you were local as i've seen you round on a few other occasions. Ah brill that could come in handy then, im currently sorta experimenting with it though because it seems to run loads better on some fuels than others.... I've switched onto shell v-power now as I filled up after UD and touch wood..... It doesn't seem to have done it yet so I'm gonna see how that goes but if i have no joy then I might well take you up on your offer :)

Sam.