20v 1.8T Conversion........423BHP 2019 Updates!

My_Names_Buck

Thanks for the answer again.

Have you found the engine mount already or a better one?

What is the number of the part, I tried to order one with the lokal dealer but they told me there are more than 10 different kinds of mounts.

Please let me know the number.

I tried to order the 6Q0 199 167 ??

Is this the one you used?

Hope to hear from you.

Ron

Thanks for the answer again.

Have you found the engine mount already or a better one?

What is the number of the part, I tried to order one with the lokal dealer but they told me there are more than 10 different kinds of mounts.

Please let me know the number.

I tried to order the 6Q0 199 167 ??

Is this the one you used?

Hope to hear from you.

Ron

Hiya ron yea I have managed to replace the broken mount with a standard part at the moment but am still on the look out for an upgraded one. I haven't got the part number with me at the moment but will find it out for you and let you know if you still need it mate?

Sam.

• 2 weeks later...

just spent all morning reading this and looking stuff up!

I would love to do this to my loop!

Just gotta wait a few years and save up many pennies :)

If i dared even attempted this, it would have to be my daily.

example- keep back seats etc - just makes it a little civalised!

But already been researching about this conversion, so hopefully i will be knowledgable when time arrives!

Is there much of a difference in reliability between the KO3 and K04?

And question no one has seemed to ask -

How is your mpg?

Like driving sensibly?

and with you foot planted?

Btw congrats on everything you've done with her mate!

just spent all morning reading this and looking stuff up!

I would love to do this to my loop!

Just gotta wait a few years and save up many pennies :)

If i dared even attempted this, it would have to be my daily.

example- keep back seats etc - just makes it a little civalised!

But already been researching about this conversion, so hopefully i will be knowledgable when time arrives!

Is there much of a difference in reliability between the KO3 and K04?

And question no one has seemed to ask -

How is your mpg?

Like driving sensibly?

and with you foot planted?

Btw congrats on everything you've done with her mate!

If you wanted a 20v loop as a daily i don't see why not, as mentioned keep the rear seats in and you'll be laughin :) I thikn the two are just as reliable really but obviously the further you push each turbo and the higher the boost you run you do start playin it more risky with all aspects of the engine, mines a ko4 and runnin 286bhp on standard internals and touchwood has never had any issues in that dept. the only problems I've really had has been with engine mounts, if your gonna run higher power be sure to use uprated mounts as the oem ones that we're intially on mine just werent upto the job!

well from one tank I can get between bout 130 miles and max i've had is about 180 miles being carelfulish :)

sam.

If you wanted a 20v loop as a daily i don't see why not, as mentioned keep the rear seats in and you'll be laughin :) I thikn the two are just as reliable really but obviously the further you push each turbo and the higher the boost you run you do start playin it more risky with all aspects of the engine, mines a ko4 and runnin 286bhp on standard internals and touchwood has never had any issues in that dept. the only problems I've really had has been with engine mounts, if your gonna run higher power be sure to use uprated mounts as the oem ones that we're intially on mine just werent upto the job!

well from one tank I can get between bout 130 miles and max i've had is about 180 miles being carelfulish :)

sam.

I keep mailing companies seeing how much they will be for the conversion minus engine, gearbox and all anxilaries.

As i can source these!

But they all say, we prefer to source our own engines for warranty etc..

Do you know any one that does?

btw which dials do you have?

As ive seen people use the tt ones?

180 is not actually too shabby!

Do you have a LSD?

if you dont, do you have a problem finding traction?

I keep mailing companies seeing how much they will be for the conversion minus engine, gearbox and all anxilaries.

As i can source these!

But they all say, we prefer to source our own engines for warranty etc..

Do you know any one that does?

btw which dials do you have?

As ive seen people use the tt ones?

180 is not actually too shabby!

Do you have a LSD?

if you dont, do you have a problem finding traction?

Yea when I was first looking at the conversion i looked at both options and the most of them would rather find there own engine, box etc. Have u tried PSI Tuning as I can;t remember what they said when i asked them..... But one company i know who definitely will do it for you (well at the time i did mine) was The Phirm, I was very tempted to use them but they had an 11 month waiting llist at the time :s which was too long, lol!

I'm still using the standard lupo dials and keys on mine as it was just all recoded to work with the new engine.

Yea i no but getting 180 out of the tank is no fun :( lol.

YesI have a LSD. Tractionin 1st and second is none existant really but im only runnin 172 kumhos which really aren't wide enough for that power :s

Sam.

Gave her a little clean yesterday evening with the nice weather so I thought I'd gab a few photos. I also decided to tint the fog lights yellow to match the headlights :)

12062010239.jpg

12062010230-1.jpg

12062010234.jpg

12062010238.jpg

12062010236.jpg

12062010232.jpg

12062010231.jpg

12062010228.jpg

Not a great deal changed but just thought I'd post them up either way :) Sam.

12062010227.jpg

Yellow on the front end looks totally out of place , well thats my view anyway.

amazing work

DSC00546.jpg

Yellow nipples

12062010232.jpg

Edited by scotty_82

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks, Here is a some of the videos that i took at GTI International of a few quarter mile runs :) had better 0-60's this year, 4.89 was my best run and my best quarter mile was a little slower than last year at 13.7 sec. It was seriously hot there on saturday when I was there which was affecting performance more and more throughout the day. Boost kept on dropping off especially in forth and fifth gears :( I need water/meth injection I think :P

Video 1

video 2

Video 3

I have a few more vids that I will upload later on :)

Sam.

your cars amazing!! whats the tint you used on the lights? film? spray? pm me. thanks

your cars amazing!! whats the tint you used on the lights? film? spray? pm me. thanks

Thank you,

I used a film, its from a company called lamin-x easy enough to do :)

Sam.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a couple more pics after I had a quick clean the other day. I also lowered the front end by about another 8mm. Quite happy with how she sits now :) althou my sump and gear box mount are now rather close to the floor :blink: Im thinkin abut looking at some sort of guard for it all.

P1010043.jpg

P1010044.jpg

P1010036.jpg

P1010033.jpg

Thanks for looking, Sam.

Video 3

Good going! What was that Audi?

Ahh that vid makes me want to hurry up with getting my power chasing sorted lol.

Looks like an rs4 estate?

Its a 4.2 supercharged a4 estate if i remember correctly. He did miss a gear thou i think which kinda helped me out a little :P lol.

I want more power though now :(

Im on the hunt :P

If it was the one i spoke to on the R32 OC stand, it gave he a shock :lol:

Well done

Haha yea sounds like it is the same one, I was expecting it to big running some silly power and thrash me but I think I was just as suprised as him when I looked over and pulled away :s lol.

Cheers mate :)

I think it was a standard one....so only 240ish bhp in a car that weighs 1450kg.

Yours looks slightly lighter ;)

That'd probably explain why then, haha :P off the line till bout 60 we were pretty level then i managed to pull away, think the weight was a big help, lol.

4.2 v8 that audi

and supercharged I believe

• 1 month later...

Hi folks, just a little update after edition 38 :) The car has now had all four arches rolled which so far appear to have eliminated any rubbing on the arches where as before there was a fair amount, Ive had the passenger door delocked and as they were a lickle tacky had the wing mirrors and fuel filler cap resprayed by gregg. Had a brill weekend at edition and here are a few pictures of mine that i took over the two days :)

05092010356.jpg

04092010293.jpg

04092010298.jpg

04092010302.jpg

04092010306.jpg

04092010309.jpg

04092010314.jpg

Was very impressed with how well she came up, gave her a real good clean :)

04092010321.jpg

05092010330.jpg

05092010342.jpg

05092010347.jpg

05092010351.jpg

05092010359.jpg

05092010365.jpg

05092010335.jpg

05092010366.jpg

Thanks for looking, Sam.

• 3 weeks later...