20v 1.8T Conversion........423BHP 2019 Updates!

My_Names_Buck

Hello folks, here are the latest pictures of my car which I managed to snap last night just in my street :) s an omp cage with the door bars and harness bar across the back added in fitted out with willans harnesses. Metal plates were welded to the floor and the cage then bolted in on the floor mountings with it welded onto the rear suspension turrets and of course was painted before hand in black to match the car. I hope you likes it :) any and all comments welcome!

DSC00546.jpg

DSC00552.jpg

DSC00531.jpg

DSC00532.jpg

DSC00533.jpg

DSC00535.jpg

DSC00537.jpg

DSC00540.jpg

DSC00542.jpg

dude that is sick, jus out interest u got any drawings for the cage?? lookin at makin one for mine but would be easier with some drawings,

Hiya mate, cheers :) mmm no i haven't actually got any drawings of the cage, come to think of it that wouldn't have been such a bad idea to of gotten before it went in :( Sorry.

WOW!!!

Well worth the wait.

:D thank you, i know I love it sooooo much!

Sam.

Hiya mate, cheers :) mmm no i haven't actually got any drawings of the cage, come to think of it that wouldn't have been such a bad idea to of gotten before it went in :( Sorry.

haha it cool dude no worries, will u ube at e38?? i shall have a look then and get somoe ideas. y mate comoin who buildin it so he can have look too. hope u are comin, really wan see this

Edited by sasquatch

Cool, how much was it to have door bars and the harness bar added ?

ermmm I think for the harness and door bars it was about. £100 or around that can't remember exactly :s

How is it getting in and out now? ;)

Its actually not to bad as if ya look on the pictures they don't intrude to much coverin the space to get in and out but its easy with some practice :) lol! again once you get the knack to puttin the harnesses on its a doddle :)

Looks awesome mate, makes me want my OMP cage even more now!

Yea I'm very happy with it I was a bit unsure to the omp one as I was initially going to have the sparco one which is similarish in design or a custom cages one but decide that one was a bit too extreme for my use, lol! And the bloke who fitted it had told me some of the omp ones hes seen aren't upto much really but he said he was impresses by it in the end so I'd defo recomend an omp cage anyday :)

haha it cool dude no worries, will u ube at e38?? i shall have a look then and get somoe ideas. y mate comoin who buildin it so he can have look too. hope u are comin, really wan see this

Yea I will be at e38 for sure, will definitely be there on the sunday but not sure about the saturday yet, feel free to have a nosey round it :)

Thank you for all your comments :)

Sam

I LOVE YOUR CAR!

if i even attepted to modify mine my insurance would shoot me so i doubt i'll be getting anything like your car anytime soon :(

but its something to look forward too.

pluss doing motorsport mechanics at college next year so that sould make me a little more engine brave :P

top marks for the car mate :)

A*

Tom

Hello folks just a quick update the car is back at the garage for the vf engineering mount which I managed to break to be replaced :s and for it to have some more time spent on doing the mapping especially now they have a rolling road :) and its also just having a few other little niggles attended to. was hoping for it back by tomorrow but that isnt going to happen now so im gonna have to rush round for it on friday before edition! :o

I LOVE YOUR CAR!

if i even attepted to modify mine my insurance would shoot me so i doubt i'll be getting anything like your car anytime soon :(

but its something to look forward too.

pluss doing motorsport mechanics at college next year so that sould make me a little more engine brave :P

top marks for the car mate :)

A*

Tom

Thank you very much for your comments mate, how old are you, because im only just turned twenty now and brentacre insurance were brilliant i thought for price with what i had done so if ur lookin at modified insurance id definitely give them a try :) Yea i'd defo say so mate, i'd loved to have done something like that at college really wish i had of now :(

Sam.

where did you source your engine from, im looking at this conversion, but can only find the 180bhp version of the engine.

cheers

Thats what I have, with a KO3s Turbo.

This was how much difference there is between our cars :)

Probably my favourite Lupo on this site. Always loved those wheels, and it looks such a sleeper.

Hiya liam, cheers mate, my mates ears were ringing all night from that flare :D lol!

Will you be at players with this?

Missed it at edition so woul like to have a look round it :lol:

mmmm dont think i will be able to make players as much as i'd like to, but should anything change I will post up on here or my reader ride thread :)

where did you source your engine from, im looking at this conversion, but can only find the 180bhp version of the engine.

cheers

PSI Tuning actually sourced mine for me, but I was looking at sourcing myself and there was a few kicking around on eBay when I was looking or I've used this company in the past, Sanburn Autos 02476637376 they're based in coventry.

hope thats of some help mate.

Thats what I have, with a KO3s Turbo.

This was how much difference there is between our cars :)

Yessss but its only that close because of your excellent driving Andi :D had anyone else been driving yours would have been miles behind :P lol!

Sam.

No engine shots :(

What is it like with the rear windows open as well as the fronts? Strange question I know but I always wondered.

I know I didnt take many throughout the day then just took these at the end on the way out, sun was going down, lighting wasn't brill and plus it had decided to keep squirting coolant all over the engine throughout the day, which I didnt find amusing :s lol! thats now been fixed today just needed resealing and stuck a couple more washers on where it was squirting out near the coolant temp sensor where it attached onto the head on the right hand side. Was a nightmare on the way home though as soon as I filled it all the way back up litterally 30 seconds later the light was flashing at me again :(

thats alright its not that much a strange question, lol, I likes having them open especially with the fronts up provides some nice cooling with very little wind noise just a bit more road noise obviously but they rly do make a difference when its hot in the car!

Take me out for spin in it :lol:

Ill pay petrol :lol::lol:

Should you ever see me parked up somewhere with an empty passenger seat I'd more than gladly take ya for a spin :lol:

Sam.

thats alright its not that much a strange question, lol, I likes having them open especially with the fronts up provides some nice cooling with very little wind noise just a bit more road noise obviously but they rly do make a difference when its hot in the car!

Glad you got the coolant problem sorted. A new engine wouldn't be nice after all that has been done to getting it looking so nice.

I think I may have to keep an eye out and see if a set of rear openers come on sale on CL or on ebay. No rush now as the Hot weather (read warm-ish weather) is now over and extra cooling isn't needed for the winter months.

hey awsome car i read youve just turned 20 i was just wondering what your insurance cost is like? if you dont mind lol

hiya, cheers mate, yea I was 19 when I took the policy out and with everything on it declared it cost me £2500 which I thought was pretty good considering :s lol! I was expecting worse to be honest but that was the cheapest I could find.

hi awsome car love hearing it when u moved it by our camp at edition what figures 0-60 etc are you running

cheers matt

Thanks mate, bloody nightmare all that slow driving round them fields with the paddle clutch, loads of revs otherwise it bloody gets the shakes and vibrations they like either being on or off, lol. my best at the moment are about 5.4 0-60 but would hope to see a 5 dead with some wider tyres on im only running 175 kumhos and they just ain't no good for harsh starts :( hoping to get some toyo r888's and some wider wheels for sprintin and trackin it. my best quarter is 13.6 seconds but its had some more mappin done since then and hopefully wit better traction off the line my aim is to get into the 12's :)

Thanks, sam