20v 1.8T Conversion........423BHP 2019 Updates!

My_Names_Buck

real tidy conversion there mate,

and for all the people back down the thread who are sayin about how much power handlin etc, until u have had a lupo with that much power and set up rite dont keep goin on when really u dont no, my lupo had 330bhp wheter i abused it round town on a track or eatin alive porkas etc all the way to 175 it handled well was not front heavy and not alot could touch me, gettin the power down wernt even that much of a problem if u can drive properly its easy

real tidy conversion there mate,

and for all the people back down the thread who are sayin about how much power handlin etc, until u have had a lupo with that much power and set up rite dont keep goin on when really u dont no, my lupo had 330bhp wheter i abused it round town on a track or eatin alive porkas etc all the way to 175 it handled well was not front heavy and not alot could touch me, gettin the power down wernt even that much of a problem if u can drive properly its easy

I gotta agree wit you mate, mines not quite as mental as yours yet :P but with about 280 I don't think its to much. As you say untill you've actually had one you don't really know as I'm quite suprised how well it does handle the power and do feel that it could still handle a bit more power. Don't like the sounds of those speeds thou :o mines currently only got a gti box on and the gearing is quite close. To be honest i'm goign to be doing something with the box as it hits the limiter only doin bout 125 :o but it absolutely flies throu the gears i've got sprinting in mind for the moment but it can be a bitch on motorways :( As for being nose heavy I've hardly notcied a difference to the handling and takes quite a bit to make it understeer unless of course you just plant ur foot mid corner :o lol!

Sam.

Looks fantastic.

Nice work chap.

Cheers Andi.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update, not much happening at the moment, the car is back at PSI Tuniong now having a couple of little bits done and also sorting out the gearbox which is running rather close ratios at the moment but should be back within the next couple of weeks :) After then I'm gonna be looking into the bodywork side of things :)

Sam.

• 1 month later...

Its been hiding away in the project car section :P lol!

I'd have to agree with that statement :D i managed to pop the nearside front shock absorber thou, i did the rears a while ago so i've decided to get some KW's on it, the FK's have done me a job and I've been very happy with them but I think time is catching up on them :(

Still need some videos up I know, I needs a decent video camera thou I think :)

Thanks for your comments, Sam.

Nice conversation that looks really tidy.

:lol:

I just saw someone on Edition pointing out the same mistake so I felt compelled to do it too.

Conversion. ;)

I have a serious hankering for a 20vT GTI. :wub:

Your living the dream tractor tom, living the dream B)

hehe, that one did make me chuckle :s lol! It took me long enough to get to my dream thou, I wanted one for agessssss!! :(

Nice conversation that looks really tidy.

post some videos up then :P

I no I no, I keep saying I will and once its got its new coilovers on this week I will make it my aim to actually get some up, just need to find something half decent to video on and I will also defo get some down the strip at the end of June :P Can't wait :D:D

Sam.

Edited by My_Names_Buck

:lol:

I just saw someone on Edition pointing out the same mistake so I felt compelled to do it too.

Conversion. ;)

I have a serious hankering for a 20vT GTI. :wub:

wellll I also had a few nice conversations while it was being done :P

I have a Golf GTI 5 speed box in mine which is great for hooning around with, and showing up Big engined cars on the Motorway, but 80MPH rusing at 4krpm is a little annoying! :lol:

Have you had it rolling roaded yet?

Mines only around 210bhp but is still hilariously fast!

what sort of 0-60, 0-100 speeds are you getting?

I should hopefully find out at gti international at end of the month but I'd like to be seeing mid 5's to 60 and under 11secs to a 100 i'd have thought at a rough guess :s

I have a Golf GTI 5 speed box in mine which is great for hooning around with, and showing up Big engined cars on the Motorway, but 80MPH rusing at 4krpm is a little annoying! :lol:

My box has been rebuilt with some bits and bobs swaped and changed over now so i'm finally much happier with it to when it was firstly done, changed the crown wheel so all my gears a little longer now and I got a longer fourth and fifth installed so it no longer tops out at a silly 125mph, nows its off the clocks :P

Not had it rollin roaded yet but i'd like to be seein about 280bhp I hope :) but yes even with 210bhp in a lupo/polo its still very fast :s lol! Its definitely the suprise factor and looks on peoples faces thats by far the best thing about it, especially big motorway bruisers :D:lol:

Sam.

Is that the 2.0 mk4 gti box andi with quite close ratios?

Is that the 2.0 mk4 gti box andi with quite close ratios?

I've not looked for the gearbox code yet, but it does :

40 in 1st

60 ish in 2nd

90 in 3rd

125 in 5th

140 plus 1000rpm in 5th up to red line.

Fancy a race at Santa Pod in the summer?

I've not looked for the gearbox code yet, but it does :

40 in 1st

60 ish in 2nd

90 in 3rd

125 in 5th

140 plus 1000rpm in 5th up to red line.

Fancy a race at Santa Pod in the summer?

do you mean 125 in 4th....? lol! mmmm... dont sound like a 2.0 gti box then because thats wat mine was and it used to do

30 in 1st

55 in 2nd

80 in 3rd

100 in 4th

then red lining at 125 in 5th :wacko: But now wit the work on the box done its very similar to what yours does B) When do ya reckon you'll be down pod then? im up for it :D

I am even more impressed now I know your age dude.

ahhh cheers mate, i see you've been reading that other topic as well then :D lol!

Yeah, I love those type of threads.

But these ones hidden away in here are my favourates LOL

Yeah, sorry I meant 4th :lol:

I need to email dubsport or find the previous owner to try to find out about the history of the items they didn't supply, I don't know much about the engine, box, ecu or the mapping and they are all very good.

I'm on my phone so can't link, but if you google 'GTI summer festival Santa pod' the details will be on the top two searches.

I raced the GTI at Spring festval which my first time drag racing.

I was hooked.

I lost every race but I was up against some cool cars, and I came very close to beating a MK3 Golf GTI.

Gonna do it right this time though.

Seats and door cards out and take my motorbike helmet incase my car goes over the quarter mile line over 100MPH.

A couple of years back I went down on my Aprila RS125 from Yorkshire and some guy with a mk2 20v I'd never met before came and asked if he could use my helmet for the day and gave me his mobile to save.

Not gonna make that mistake myself!

There is a dude with a 6 speed Lupo GTI 20v I raced in the spring.

Hope he's there again this time, I want to win him this time.

He has 270bhp if my memory is still working at this time! LOL

There is a dude with a 6 speed Lupo GTI 20v I raced in the spring.

Hope he's there again this time, I want to win him this time.

He has 270bhp if my memory is still working at this time! LOL

Try 270bhp vs polo on youtube.

Although I believe a supercharged lupo gti would urinate all over an engine converted 20v cupra lupo gti.

Am I wrong?

The polo in the video is mine.

The vid was recorded on my camera and I uploaded it LOL

But no, a supercharged 1.6 is not gonna beat a 1.8 turbo unless you've spent serious money and have a massive charger.

We will see......... ;):lol:

Depends what power i see once its completly finished, it will be very interesting though.

The way i see it is... the lupo engine is quite alot lighter than the 1.8t. Believe it or not.

The 270bhp lupo has standard suspension, standard clutch and drivetrain.

Coliovers, paddle clutch and soild engine mounts, Which i have will help alot to launch times and power delivery.

You couldnt use a larger charger than an M45 on the 1.6 engine. There would be too much air for the engine to cope with, a good 15psi+ can be acheived by an M45 if its geared right. Ample power to see 230bhp plus.

My basis on that is 0.6 bar (approx 10psi) saw 210 bhp on a 1.6 engine. so with another 5 psi, you should see another 20bhp. I dont know what mine will have once ive finished the mapping, but we reckon that changing the injectors may see me get 250. But we will see over the next few weeks.

John