20v 1.8T Conversion........423BHP 2019 Updates!

My_Names_Buck

Is this insured as a 20v then? Very good price imo :lol:

Also what do you mean by paddle clutch :lol::P

yea its insured as a 20v with the cage, wheels, suspension, brakes, seats, harnesses, etc all declared :) I thought it was too, i did get worried at one point though because only half way through the work being carried out did i suddenly think sh*t what about the insurance :s lol! but luckily I cold live with that, lol!

paddle clutches are slightly different to normal clutches as they arent completely round but have segments coming out a bit like paddles think mine is a 6 paddle clutch so isnt too bad but 4 paddles are better for track use really and a bit of a pig to drive tootling around with.

Love it, ive been speaking with PSI tuning for some work done on my arosa :)

they're good lads (and girl) there who ya been dealin with? would defo recomend them to anyone!

this cars the nuts ! do you have any videos apart from the santa pod ones?? how the hell do u afford the cage work, insurance, engine conversion at 19/2o years old lol ??

thanks mate :) mmm i do seriously need to do some myself actually i keep meaning to. theres that santa pod one and also one at gti international on youtube but I think thats about it :( I will post some on here when I get them :) haha i know it has swallowed up a fair chunk of cash to be honest but I think its worth it lol, I dunno rly i guess i jus saves :) (and the ocassional dodgey back hander helps ;))

Ive been dealing with a guy called matt about a conversion :)

yea thats the same guy I dealt with there mainly, hes a good lad he is :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've just made a mess of my keyboard! Pass the kleenex :(

That's very nice that mate. Where did you get them mounts from and how much? Message me if you want.

:shades:

kleenex will never get in all the cracks :o lol!

mmm its a vf engineering mount for a mk4 golf but its had to be modified a bit to fit onto my chassis leg cus otherwise the mount is too wide and doesn't fit right. I've only got the passenger side atm but will be getting the driver side one and hopefully back mount soon :) got it from regal autosport when I was at gti internation as I broke my oem one when I was sprinting there. I think it was about £150 ish off the top of my head.

Sam.

Ah right. Cheers for that. I've seen them on a few sites (and saved the addresses if you want them). I might be picking up a BAM block (to make a little mock-up for the mounts) next week so i'm going to be looking into engine mounts soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I found my usb stick with the hundreds of pictures on of my conversion that the garage gave me just thought I'd stick a couple of them up now. I will update with some more soon :)

10056.jpg

10071.jpg

10027.jpg

10063.jpg

10046.jpg

Sam.

I was 19 when I took the policy out and with everything on it declared it cost me £2500

Who are you with, if you don't mind me asking?

Such a clean conversion too, bet you can't go low at all with that driveshaft!

Ah right. Cheers for that. I've seen them on a few sites (and saved the addresses if you want them). I might be picking up a BAM block (to make a little mock-up for the mounts) next week so i'm going to be looking into engine mounts soon.

Ah if you've still got the addresses for them that would be brill mate, I'm still on the look out for the other mounts and its something that I think definitely needs to be done!

Who are you with, if you don't mind me asking?

Such a clean conversion too, bet you can't go low at all with that driveshaft!

I'm with brentacre insurance, They were the cheapest I could find and I did check a few different modified insurers out :)

thank you, I will have to get some more piccies up as there are lots of good ones of the build! well as my car sits now they haven't caused me any problems as of yet....,. touch wood, lol! the thing thats stopping me going lower is the sump, I've got a shallow sump on it but that still sits quite low and I wouldn't like to run it any closer to the floor than it is, its already aquired the odd scuff and scrape :s

Sam.

Being a common engine, i'm sure sumpguards are available if you DID want to go lower.

I'll try Brentacre, they didn't seem too competitive when i had the relatively standard GTi, but i will try them again and hope they are good at 21 with more aggresive modification :)

Being a common engine, i'm sure sumpguards are available if you DID want to go lower.

I'll try Brentacre, they didn't seem too competitive when i had the relatively standard GTi, but i will try them again and hope they are good at 21 with more aggresive modification :)

Yea I have thought about puttin a guard on jus for peace of mind cus as careful as I am you never no when it myt go bang :( mmm yea I got a quote off them for my standard 3 series and they weren't that competitive either, I get the impression that they are more suited to higher modified cars and can be more competitive in that area :)

Sam.

So when you called, i imagine they were told about the 20vt, THEN theres a power limit on it?

OMG your sig pic is amazing.

What are you looking to do with the sport rear?

Yea, was a strange conversation actually, especially wen i told them my age lol, but the chap who I often speak to there is very nice and vrey helpful, really lieks his vw's and takes a real interest and is always asking me how its going and anythin else planned etc wenever I ring up lol!

I no I love it I think its my favourite one of my car!

Im on the look out for jus a rear bumper off a non sport/gti for wen I gets my bodywork done, I've jus neva com across one that I've been able to get hold of :s but I've got a few little plans for the rest of the car wen it goes inn for some work ;)

3900343071_28aea58381_o.jpg

Sam.

I wish it looked that clean ryt nw :( lol!

10056.jpg

That's the same tail pipe i'm wanting on my TDI when I get my cat-back exhaust made up (after i've sold the Scoob now). I've told them that I don't want to see anything sticking out the back. Your's perfect!

Is it just me or there really isn't a design that looks good sticking out the back of the Arosa/Lupo apart from centre exits?

I'll message you the links I have so far for the mounts.

Is it just me or there really isn't a design that looks good sticking out the back of the Arosa/Lupo apart from centre exits?

Can't think of a lot, certainly not on a normal non-sport bumper, would have to be hidden IMO.

Yea that was my thinking with the exhaust i wanted it too look a little more sleeperish :s (ignoring the role cage and bucket seats lol.) and a little bit different rather than a big snarley exhaust on it :s Other than completely hidden or centre exit Im not a massive fan of the ones on the side on the lupo it just looks strange for some reason i think. they did a tidy job on it and it sits very well especially considerin the size of it lol.

Sam.

So when you called, i imagine they were told about the 20vt, THEN theres a power limit on it?

When I spoke to Brentacre, they just give you a power limit, they don't seem to care how you get it. Upping my power limit to 225bhp would cost about £150 more. To up it to 270bhp it would cost about £500 extra. These figures were just off the top of his head, mind. :lol:

I was going to say, the box looks HUGE.

haha yea I no they've done well to get tht size box on the back section, lol. The exhaust is straight thru to there thou so it is jus a lickle bit loud :s

lovely motor

Cheers andy its slowly getting there nw, i jus itchin to get some bodywork done on it :P

When I spoke to Brentacre, they just give you a power limit, they don't seem to care how you get it. Upping my power limit to 225bhp would cost about £150 more. To up it to 270bhp it would cost about £500 extra. These figures were just off the top of his head, mind. :lol:

Yea sorry never replied to that earlier on, as you say there thou as to how you acheive to power they aren't to fussed but instead base the real pricing on the power! im on a BHP limit of 300bhp and can do as I wish with anything else on the car, cage, seats, bodywork, suspension etc and it won't cost me anymore just have to let them know whats been done :) Considering my age and the work on the car I still think the price was pretty good!

Sam.

Sam

I have just spent this morning reading this thread from start to finish. Im very impressed. I like what you have done with the car to keep it looking clean and simple. Very nice.

Like the look of the cage, think the one i build will be of a similar design :)

I wont ask you any silly questions about the engine, cost or insurance as i read the whole thread, lol.

Kind Regards

Garry

Sam

I have just spent this morning reading this thread from start to finish. Im very impressed. I like what you have done with the car to keep it looking clean and simple. Very nice.

Like the look of the cage, think the one i build will be of a similar design :)

I wont ask you any silly questions about the engine, cost or insurance as i read the whole thread, lol.

Kind Regards

Garry

Thank you very much for your comments garry :) yea I have tried my bestest to keep it simpleish and even with my body work that I shall soon have done I don't intend to go to crazy as I like the kinda subtle look lol! :)

haha yea the insurance is one that always comes up :s lol!

Thakns, Sam.