20v 1.8T Conversion........423BHP 2019 Updates!

My_Names_Buck

Thanks Gareth, will be running 225bhp standard to start with but will probably be looking for some more power once i'm used to it :) Do you mean "not the best mehanic"? you but someone who is perhaps the best mechnic :s and that sure ain't me, lol!

The engine is back in it now and is nearing its completion :)

Sam.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like someones going to be having lots of fun soon :D notice your from warwickshire so i no to be on the look out for some guy in a black loop goin silly quick with a big grin on his face lol. Though saying that if the weather is like this when you get it back then good luck :P

Hehe your right there sheps the weather the last few weeks will certainly make it interesting :s yea i'm in warwickshire so keep a look out :P lol!

Here is a few more photos of the car mid way through December been meaning to get them up sooner. The engine is in but hasn't got the samcos on yet and is still waiting on some polishing work but it gives a good idea of it :)

P171208_1243.jpg

P171208_124301.jpg

P171208_124302.jpg

P171208_1244.jpg

P171208_124401.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

About all the wheel spinning and "too much power" and all that.... it still only goes as fast as you tell it to.

Looks like a great project, cant wait for more pics and vids :D this is something id be interested in doing to my arosa eventually, some time in the next 2 years while i wait to finish my apprenticeship and get a supra :P

• 2 weeks later...

And finally....... Here are some pictures of it all finished off now :) Was a bit dark when taking them and only on my phone so they're not the best pictures in the world but it gives a good idea :)

P010209_1512.jpg

P010209_1513.jpg

P010209_151301.jpg

P010209_151302.jpg

P010209_1514.jpg

P010209_151401.jpg

P010209_151402.jpg

Hope you all like it :) She is good fun but not appreciating this snow :( I'll try and get some videos up soon :)

Sam.

Thank you all for your comments on my car car, i'm just waiting for some better bloody weather than what we got at the moment :( haven't been out in her properly for a few days :(

I will be at UD but i gotta get a few other things sorted for then as well :s

Sam.

Yea I will get some pictures of the car up properly I just wanna get a few bits finished first :P Its got steelies on atm so trims would be very possible :P I am tempted by the sleeper look thou :P

No its a forge Split-R dump valve so I got it set to fully atmospheric :D I love it, lol!

And its a BAM engine outta a TT.

Sam.

• 2 weeks later...
That looks awesome, really nice work.

Fast? lol :lol:

took it to be remapped yesterday, had a phase two custom code so now it should be runnin between 270 and 280bhp :) Yessss....... fast is one word you could use :P lol.

Just tryin to get some half decent vids on here nw :s

Sam.

Very nice and would love a 1.8T in my GTI, but its not going to happen :)

Have they rewired the Lupo dash dials to it, or is there a modified version to see the speedo and rev counter etc?

I'm still just runnin my standard lupo dials wit the speedo and rev counter jusr rewired upto it :)

Sam.