Cats or Dogs??

treblet

ive got a dog (beagle x springer spaniel) and 3 cats.

cats are more entertaining - esp the kitten - marli is only 8 weeks old and trys beating up the other cats. plus they look after themselves mostly.

dogs are lovely, hard work but worth it in my opinion. depends how much effort you'd want to put in.

Dogs every time.

Cats are fine but then just attack you for no reason.

Weirdos.

haha one of my cats leo launches at you unless your actually feed him. he scratched me so bad years ago when i was back in school a few people actually thought i was self harming - it was from his random attacks! i call him the devil in a fur coat, you literally cant touch him hes horrible. but hes a reject from the rspca we rehomed, they just described him as "boisterous" - biggest understatement ever lol

We have a cat that visits who is completely the opposite - he comes round and meows at you until you give him fuss and attention. He does lick you constantly though...

ooh swap me please? lol

I'm loving both at the moment, having had both as pets. Lilli my chocolate lab - completely bonkers but is such fantastic company. Jess - my parents cat, a fat ball of fluff but he's insane too. I found a random cat on my stairs on Monday after it had sneaked in while the front door was open, introduced it to the dog - it didn't go well.........

pets are pointless, messy, expensive, stinky, needy, for sad people who need something to comfort them as they don't have a decent relationship with other people.

Until recently we had always had cats, now we have two dogs (Chilli - Staffy and Gizmo a staffy x lab x something - not really sure what he is tbh!) they are the opposite of each other really.

Chilli likes to play the hard dog and try to attack everything and is always on the look out for trouble. Although really she is a big softy, loves her comforts and is too clever for her own good. Gizmo is the opposite, he would not hurt anything, he is very lazy, a bit clumsey, always looks confused, loves cuddles and the sofas! Hates walks, he hides and shakes if you put his harness on, but rattle the car keys and he is at the front door in a flash! :lol:

Yeah thats why we didnt get another cat, Chilli would eat it, she was fine with our last cat as it was here before she was.

So dogs for me, and staffys in particular! Cats are boring! :coffee:

Pets make a home a home!

Edited by cardaft

Until recently we had always had cats, now we have two dogs (Chilli - Staffy and Gizmo a staffy x lab x something - not really sure what he is tbh!) they are the opposite of each other really.

Chilli likes to play the hard dog and try to attack everything and is always on the look out for trouble. Although really she is a big softy, loves her comforts and is too clever for her own good. Gizmo is the opposite, he would not hurt anything, he is very lazy, a bit clumsey, always looks confused, loves cuddles and the sofas! Hates walks, he hides and shakes if you put his harness on, but rattle the car keys and he is at the front door in a flash! :lol:

Yeah thats why we didnt get another cat, Chilli would eat it, she was fine with our last cat as it was here before she was.

So dogs for me, and staffys in particular! Cats are boring! :coffee:

Pets make a home a home!

ah, he shakes. thats funny! max loves putting his suspender belt on, he sits patiently and lifts each leg in! how cute.

he wouldnt hurt a fly unless someone hurt me or my fella.

its so funny when we take him for walks, all the little terriers and hanbag dogs give him loads of sh*t but he is completely oblivious!

i got home yesterday and he didnt come bounding down the stairs as normal so i went to investigate. he had managed to climb inside the spare room duvet cover, and got himself well and truely trapped. he'd fallen off the bed and was propper sulking!

i couldn't stop laughing! he was so embarrassed he hid under the bed after i freed him. ha ha! staffies are great!

i have a staffy called buster who is quite normal and a staffy cross black lab called rudy who is hell on paws totally mental. when i was living on the boat the little toad was always trying to get on other peoples boats im sure he would of lived with anyone.

Edited by joboat

ah, he shakes. thats funny! max loves putting his suspender belt on, he sits patiently and lifts each leg in! how cute.

he wouldnt hurt a fly unless someone hurt me or my fella.

its so funny when we take him for walks, all the little terriers and hanbag dogs give him loads of sh*t but he is completely oblivious!

i got home yesterday and he didnt come bounding down the stairs as normal so i went to investigate. he had managed to climb inside the spare room duvet cover, and got himself well and truely trapped. he'd fallen off the bed and was propper sulking!

i couldn't stop laughing! he was so embarrassed he hid under the bed after i freed him. ha ha! staffies are great!

Our cross does yeah, he is a wuss :lol: but lovely and always wants to be with you.

Our staffy does that, she loves to try and get into the beds, head on the pillows even!

When ever we fry any food she starts to shake and runs away, often into the shower! Its because she hates funny noises and the smoke alarm is very sensitive (or it might say something about our cooking) :lol: Other wise she thinks she is a hard dog :lol:

Both of them would be very good guard dogs if anyone was trying to break in, which is pretty good.

Our cross does yeah, he is a wuss :lol: but lovely and always wants to be with you.

Our staffy does that, she loves to try and get into the beds, head on the pillows even!

When ever we fry any food she starts to shake and runs away, often into the shower! Its because she hates funny noises and the smoke alarm is very sensitive (or it might say something about our cooking) :lol: Other wise she thinks she is a hard dog :lol:

Both of them would be very good guard dogs if anyone was trying to break in, which is pretty good.

yeah, max only guards the house when we are in it tho. my brothers went to the house one day before i met baz and let themselves in to do some wiring whilst baz was at work. max came running down to see who it was, mark ran for the wind yelling to my other brother "them are the dogs that eat you" but he just wants to lick you to death. only barks if we are in the house and someone turns up.

i always wake up to find max under our duvet. drives me insane.

but he literally climbed into the duvet cover yesterday, its the funniest thing i have ever seen!

do your dogs grip your arm to say hello?

they sound so cool! i wish max would run away when i cook! max would never in a million years get into the shower. he walks around puddles!

yeah, max only guards the house when we are in it tho. my brothers went to the house one day before i met baz and let themselves in to do some wiring whilst baz was at work. max came running down to see who it was, mark ran for the wind yelling to my other brother "them are the dogs that eat you" but he just wants to lick you to death. only barks if we are in the house and someone turns up.

i always wake up to find max under our duvet. drives me insane.

but he literally climbed into the duvet cover yesterday, its the funniest thing i have ever seen!

do your dogs grip your arm to say hello?

they sound so cool! i wish max would run away when i cook! max would never in a million years get into the shower. he walks around puddles!

Gizmo grips my arm, if you sit next to him he has to be touching you, so he usually puts his paw on you. He uses his arms more like a person, grabs things and hits out staffy with his arms. He is very effectionate, very relaxed and trusting too. Even if he is sound asleep and you go to stroke him, he just stays asleep. He is pretty laid back :lol: We got him from the dogs trust, my sister used to work at a vetenary clinic and he came in with half ahit tale missing and parvo when he was only a couple of months old. Actually we adopted his sister who came in with one eye, but she developed parvo too and unfortunately died. Then Giz was brought in, so when he got over that we had to keep him!

I think chilli just thinks - id rather have a shower than listen to this smoke alarm again. We do bath them every month or so so they are quite used to it, dont like it but they put up with it :lol:

We had puppies from chilli a few years ago, she is quite a tall staffy, with a longer body than most. She has a very good pedigree and so did the 'dad' dog too. Chilli is an all white staffy and the dad was the red colour, so we got some pretty fantastic puppies from her, we still get to see one or two of them since friends have them. Was a nice for her to have them, but i wouldnt put her through that again, so we got her neutered.

I could not be without a dog now, they give so much and dont really want too much from you.

Gizmo grips my arm, if you sit next to him he has to be touching you, so he usually puts his paw on you. He uses his arms more like a person, grabs things and hits out staffy with his arms. He is very effectionate, very relaxed and trusting too. Even if he is sound asleep and you go to stroke him, he just stays asleep. He is pretty laid back :lol: We got him from the dogs trust, my sister used to work at a vetenary clinic and he came in with half ahit tale missing and parvo when he was only a couple of months old. Actually we adopted his sister who came in with one eye, but she developed parvo too and unfortunately died. Then Giz was brought in, so when he got over that we had to keep him!

I think chilli just thinks - id rather have a shower than listen to this smoke alarm again. We do bath them every month or so so they are quite used to it, dont like it but they put up with it :lol:

We had puppies from chilli a few years ago, she is quite a tall staffy, with a longer body than most. She has a very good pedigree and so did the 'dad' dog too. Chilli is an all white staffy and the dad was the red colour, so we got some pretty fantastic puppies from her, we still get to see one or two of them since friends have them. Was a nice for her to have them, but i wouldnt put her through that again, so we got her neutered.

I could not be without a dog now, they give so much and dont really want too much from you.

we tried studding max a few months back, the bitch was bigger than him and all white with a black and white head, she was gorgeous but she bit max and they got into a bit of a fight.

he doesnt know whether to fight or f*** the vet said the testosterone levels are a fine line between the two. hes still a virgin bless him, doesnt really know what hes doing.

max is brindle with white paws and the tip of his tail is white. he has a white stripe from his neck to the end of his nose.

will have to figure out how to add pictures!

i couldnt be without a dog, i just wish we could have a cat too. :)

i'm a dog person

got a cavalier king charles at my mam and dads and a miniature yorkie at chris' mam and dad's

(reason to show them off :lol:)

meet lewis...

th_Picture013.jpg

meet royce...

th_Image012.jpg

i couldn't imagine them not being in our houses anymore, they are part of the family (and royce=boss eventhough he's teeny!)