Creatine..

electricpanda

Alot of my friends use this aswell as whey protien during training, ive recently read alot into it.

I go to the gym alot and although im physically alot stronger than I was my metabolism isnt allowing me to bulk up at all.

Some people say it causes stomach/liver/kidney issues and hairloss.

Wondered if anyone has had any good/adverse effects from using this?

Cheers :)

Edited by electricpanda

Aside that - to avoid putting on unnecessary weight gains such as fats etc - training must be adapted with it i.e physically demanding enough - if ur training regime isn't highly intensive over 3 days+ per week it isnt rele a gd idea 2 start taking it - altho im interested in seeing if that be an issue with urself as u said u have a high metabolic rate... hmm - i'd recommend looking into other nutritional protein ailments rather than creatine itself

Edit: p.s - it does make u toilet-friendly..much

Edited by And1Lupo

Aside that - to avoid putting on unnecessary weight gains such as fats etc - training must be adapted with it i.e physically demanding enough - if ur training regime isn't highly intensive over 3 days+ per week it isnt rele a gd idea 2 start taking it - altho im interested in seeing if that be an issue with urself as u said u have a high metabolic rate... hmm - i'd recommend looking into other nutritional protein ailments rather than creatine itself

Edit: p.s - it does make u toilet-friendly..much

Thanks, I think im just gonna try some typical protein supplements first and see what goes on. But I do eat a stupid amounts of protein atm and go to the gym 3-4 times a week. AND still only weigh 11stone! :(

bi-curious?

You wish ;) haha :lol:

It is made from real cretins, they are culled after cowboys round them up from bus stations and libraries. Side effects include becoming a cretin or having a strange attraction to beefy men, like cowboys.

It is made from real cretins, they are culled after cowboys round them up from bus stations and libraries. Side effects include becoming a cretin or having a strange attraction to beefy men, like cowboys.

Sounds like a risk im willing to take ;):rolleyes:

IMO creatine alone isnt good. you only use about 40% of its full strength. the rest is wasted. you should try looking on monstersupplements.com. alot of reviews from customers on there. see whats best for you as everyone is different. iv been going gym for years and had similar problems. best supplement i ever took was maximuscle cyclone. bit pricey but you will notice its effects.

www.myprotein.co.uk is the best place by far for supplements IMO. Why bother paying for fancy brands, its all the same stuff.

A lot of the benifit with creatine is water retention, so you look bigger

Thats true although it also provides energy which helps you push harder at the gym?

Thats true although it also provides energy which helps you push harder at the gym?

Yeah something like that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatine

Creatine itself is tasteless, the CEE is disgusting, and rots your teeth so avoid that.

Creatine + taurine + glucose is a good pre-workout drink

www.myprotein.co.uk is the best place by far for supplements IMO. Why bother paying for fancy brands, its all the same stuff.

A lot of the benifit with creatine is water retention, so you look bigger

Truth

Basically its crap, it will as people have said hold a touch of water, but its designed to give you a small burst of strength, at the sake of cardio and lactic acid build up.

I found it gave me a heavy leg feeling and some people can end up with a few extra spots too.

Youve got two main options when it comes to protein too, whey isolate is a lower calorie option which will help build lean muscle or there is the full fat high carb option which is used for bulking.

oh and only use english brands like reflex and myprotein etc , they come under far far stricter guidlines here than abroad so bsically wht they say your getting on the side is what you have to get.

Tbh a good quality diet is the key, just remember protein is a supplement by definition so dont rely on it s you cant beat real food in proportion.

I think you also have to really look into your goals on what you want your body to achieve, i started taking my mma seriously a few years back and havent lifted weights as in isolation reps since, full body work outs using multiple muscles work far better for me. but each to their own on what they want to acheive.

Edited by scotty_82

When using creatine I found that there were advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages - You seem to be able to lift a considerable amount more than without using it.

- Your muscles do seem to recover quicker, so can train again sooner.

- Your muscles seem to grow quicker while using it - maybe its just water retention or simular as people seem to think - I'm not sure what it is.

Disadvantages

-You have to drink alot of water, or your kidneys start to ache - might've been psycological in my case though.

-Because of the extra water taken onboard you need to piss alot more, which can be very inconvinient at work.

-In the first week or so you will have the ****s.

To be honest if you are just starting out I'd just stick to making sure you are eating right first, have 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight and make sure you are getting all your nutrients from your fruit n veg, meats, etc.

If you are lifting the weights and going heavy (but with correct form) and lowish reps then you should grow pretty quickly anyway without the creatine.

All in my opinion of course.. I'm no bodybuilder or doctor. also check out menshealth forum for better advice.

Edited by 243

Yea that sounds about right. Liver can start acheing also if enough fluid isn't drunk.

I think I'll try using it at somepoint. Will try genral protein first so I can tell If im getting bigger or if its the water retention.

Quite surprised its so widely used!!!

i was also thinking about it but i like to work out and just let the body work how its ment too imo. but my mate was on it for a while, we was going to the gym 6 days a week and it was getting a lot bigger in muscle than me over 6 weeks but then he stopped going to the gym as such but was still on it and it seemed to turn into fat as it was not working it off. not to sure if it is ment to do that? he was told that it will put fat on so he could burn that off into muscle. not sure how true that is as i havent really looked into it to be honest.

Always going to be a controversial subject, especially on a forum like this.

I have tried various suppliments over the period of about a year and a half, i have a friend who owns a suppliment store so get a lot of advice.

My advice would be try creatine, i have and i had no negative outcomes, you wont see the best results on its own, have it with protine.

Problem is that creatine is projuced in the body naturally any how so some people respond to it better than others.

Sounds to me that at the point where you are you need a weight gainer, they are packed with protine and carbs, and you will put on weight, might put on a bit of fat but if you hit the gym hard when you shouldnt put too much on.

The best weight gainer i have used is called mutant mass, you will bulk up no probs with that.

Or just plain protine for more lean muscle, i would be having eas protine.

Or an all on one, i would be having maximuscle cyclone (very expensive but in my opinion it is THE best) or phd synergy

Before any of the above, get a good training programme and make sure you have good form on every exercise you do.

i used it for a while,

before using i could leg press 260kgs, after a load up week (where you take double dose) i could lift 300kgs + more reps

doing 3 sets of 8 to 12 reps starting at 220kg then ending on 300kg

BUT i gained weight as a result taking it, its weird because it allows you to go past the point where you would normally stop, well this is what it did for me and it was good but as people have said diet is really key to building muscle.