What if? If they are wrong?

Lukus 9N

If you stuck your hand between it...

I'd suspect the beam would collide with your hand, and I'd suspect your hand would be ripped off, and probably your entire being would disintegrate... But then Brian Cox said that everything they're doing is happening billions of time a day in our atmosphere, they're just doing it on a much smaller scale.

So, I don't know.

P.S -- MSN seems to be down. :(

Edited by Lukus 9N

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they've stuck a proton in the hoola hoop and sent it wizzing round and they'll send another in to smash into it. So far so good.

However, imagine nothing, absolutely nothing. It's difficult, but try your best.

What started the Big Bang off from absolutely nothing? The dictionary doesn't define nothing as two protons smashing into each other at nearly absolute zero travelling at nearly the speed of light.

So what's the point of the experiment? The starting conditions are all wrong. I bet Dr D:Ream hasn't thought of that.

Unless we're already part of a 13 million year old experiment in a massive Hoola Hoop somewhere in space. Which brings us back to mice again.

But the experiment isn't creating the "Big Bang" it's creating the moment after the Big Bang.

The head of CERN was on Richard and Judy a while back and was asked "What was before the Big Bang?" and he replied "What's North of the North Pole?"

I think that "force" created the Big Bang. All forces were equal at the moment of the Big Bang. However, I guess no-one will know what started the Big Bang or what made the forces equal.

Edit: Stephen Hawkings in his book claims that there was no Big Bang and the entire Universe and everything in it has just "been". It just "is".

Edited by Lukus 9N

i must say i found steven hawking looking blankly into a camera on tv while the robot that controls him and the boffins made out he was in control and all is well, quite entertaining.

maybe he's just an every day spaz and being used by them there aliens as a front and they've built the world distroyer using our money right under our noses.

i love having the imagination of a 6 year old.

As Nicki said they haven't done any collisions yet, they've only fired up one beam. They'll fire up the other and then smash them into one another.

When they hit each other going at that speed, that's where the "disaster" or "magic" might happen.

Or something like this......

Youtube Video ->

Original Video

god will you shut up fool?! if you want to be miserable cos "the world is going to end" then go do it by your ****ing self

god will you shut up fool?! if you want to be miserable cos "the world is going to end" then go do it by your ****ing self

lol. I love how he posted something out of a sci-fi movie about a crazy powered outer space weapon.

Oi, don't call me a fool. I'm hardly miserable about it. Shutup and learn to converse idiot.

And the clip is taken from CnC.

The clip reminded me of the part in Austin Powers where Dr Evil uses a clip from Independance Day to illustrate his plan to the 1960s President.

Science on Richard & Judy? I can imagine why he asked "what was north of the North Pole", that'd shut Richard right up for a week. Everyone knows the answer is a sign saying "You are here".

If the was any chance the world was genuinely going to end, the chances are you wouldn't know anything at all about it anyway...

but still it ain't gonna end, atleast not anytime soon so wtf?!

I think you need to learn how to reply in a calm & sensible fashion instead of trying to antagonise people with every post. I've been observing your posts recently and frankly this forum doesn't need your abrasive manner.

abrasive MANNER, i'm sure his house is abrasive but as he's not mentioned it in the post i'm not sure how you know ;)

lol i hate when i mispell things on forums, couldn't resist nicki sorry! :D

To non-scientific members:

please note: world not going to end cos of giant atom flume, please stop doom saying, you'll just get yourselves all upset and i've run out of hankies. No atoms will be harmed during the experiment, they're all enjoying their time on collider world's "flume of death", i'm sure they will be sending postcards that describe their fantastice holiday experience:

"hello mother, hello father,

here i am at camp collider,

there are flumes here

we can ride on

and the food tastes better second time round"

I think you need to learn how to reply in a calm & sensible fashion instead of trying to antagonise people with every post. I've been observing your posts recently and frankly this forum doesn't need your abrasive manner.

bahahahahahahaha.......................

would be good if people didn't talk about so much sh!t on this forum though...

the world didn't end so why are people still goin on about it?

bahahahahahahaha.......................

would be good if people didn't talk about so much sh!t on this forum though...

the world didn't end so why are people still goin on about it?

If the general chat forum offends you so much, can I suggest you don't bother going in there?

Did you text her back telling her to STFU?

nah i just text back like :blink: wtf you on about?

then she started rambling like women do then i lost interest :blush:

You know a girl? :P

and Tigz :P i know plenty ;)

not for a man of you calibur though LOL :lol: