Yokohama Parada Spec-2

Tallika_Fan

Just taken delivery of this for Ali's car, it's a like for like replacement for one that's already one her GTI.

Has anyone used them before, they seem to be fine and dandy, i might possibly get some of these for mine when they're due.

DSC01128.jpg

Edited by Tallika_Fan

yeah i've used them when they first came out years ago. i loved them, they are great in all weather to be honest and if they are new they love the snow supprisinly. what size you got them in?

Thanks for that reply Gaz, it's in 195/50/15 i think that's the standard GTI size.

I do like the look of them, i also like the

Yokohama A539's

yokohama_a539.gif

AVON ZV 3's

2064zv3a.jpg

MARANGONI ZETA LINEA's though i've never heard of them (the tread looks cool)

7556-7440-main-marangoni_zeta_linea-580.jpg

TOYO PROXES TOYO T1 R

1670t1rhis.jpg

I think if i had the money when i came to change mine i might got for the GOODYEAR EAGLE F 1's

9841-9902-main--405.jpg

Edited by Tallika_Fan

195/50/15 i think that's the standard GTI size.

TOYO PROXES TOYO T1 R

1670t1rhis.jpg

I think if i had the money when i came to change mine i might got for the GOODYEAR EAGLE F 1's

9841-9902-main--405.jpg

Eek! Someone else in the 195/50 Crew!! :lol:

Ive had both the toyo T1-Rs and the Eagle F1s. Toyo wore sooo quickly, but they are kinda a scene points tyre and it was free so i was like *yoink*

The Eagle F1s are great, only one i havent managed to puncture :lol: Still got loads of tread left (not sure if its coz its on the side of the car that always lifts off through the twisties :swerve: )

I want new tyres *sigh* :(

Instead of doing a new thread....

Im in need of 2 175/55/15 tyres but the only ones i can find are continentals, anyone know of any other makes doing this size?

BlackCircles

Recommended - Continental Eco Contact EP 175/55 R15 £46.86

Mid Range - Kumho KH11 175/55 R15 £49.96

Premium - Yokohama A-DRIVE 175/55 R15 £60.45

Eek! Someone else in the 195/50 Crew!!
standard GTi size is 205.45 but must people but on 195.45. you'll find that 195.50 rub on the plastic on full lock.

I myself would probably go with 45's though these were on Ali's car so thought why change. No scrubbage at all as it's still standard height.

Kam yeah they do, i might see if they have these in my size.

Edited by Tallika_Fan

9841-9902-main--405.jpg

Eagle F1's particularly the GS-D3's are a very very soft compound! They are quite good in the rain, but if I'm honest, wear out way too quick!

Eagle F1's particularly the GS-D3's are a very very soft compound! They are quite good in the rain, but if I'm honest, wear out way too quick!

Duly noted, cheers for that, i like my tyres to last.

I am well impressed with the ones i have on my lupo at the moment, though i can't remember what they are.

have had the avon zz3s on a mk4 and mk2 VR and can say they are top, wear well and are good in the wet when pushed

had the toyos on the VR and they only lasted a year, and the yoko 539 lasted 8 months but grip was ace on them.....

Edited by faithless

Yokohama A539's

yokohama_a539.gif

I have a pair of these on my arosa, they are great tyres, love the tread pattern and the soft compound. They do wear quickly though and are not quite as good as my toyo CF1s in the wet, but in the dry they are awsome!

AVON ZV 3's

2064zv3a.jpg

Ive heard ok things about these, but they are more built for a good ride and quietness.

MARANGONI ZETA LINEA's though i've never heard of them (the tread looks cool)

7556-7440-main-marangoni_zeta_linea-580.jpg

Im not a fan of these, reviews say they are a very hard compound, with very little give, fast wear rates, and because of the strength in the sidewall they can offer poor grip too. Cheap for a reason by the sounds of it.

Well it seams that the Golf might be getting new tyres sooner than i thought, had a little slidey slidey moment on a wet roundabout this morning... :o

All is good though.

All information you guys have provided is well received so cheers for all the comments peoples.

Pete

(oh, and Si, those Yoko's only lasted 8months because you nailed it everywhere!)

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I wouldnt go for the Avon ZV3's, I wore a brand new pair out in under 2months, I dont drive for a living or anything like that. And when I say wore out, virtually the whole tyre was down to the metal bands :ermm:

I find the Toyo T1R's better than the T1S's, but still dont find them that good event hough everyone raves on about them.

I had a pair fo the Yoko a539's on a classic mini and they where superb - but dont know how they'd handle on a normal sized car!

At the moment Im loving Falkens TBH, Ive got a set of 912s on the front of my golf and love them!

• 3 weeks later...

you might not get a wheel off the ground but its easy to render it useless. if anyone can make a set of toyo t1-r's last more than 6 months on the front let me know i chew through tyres in no time on the front even with the suspension properly set up. be prepared to change tyres often on the lupo. i'd rather opt for the grip rather than the longevity when it comes to tyres. i think it'll eiter be good year eagle f1's or toyo's again for me. what you need to look for mainly i find is a tyre with the most prominent soulder i.e. less tread around the shoulder like the good years or the parada's etc its means there is more rubber in contact with the road under heavy cornering but it tends to sacrifice wet grip slightly.

Toyo T1-R's are crap. I have them on the G40 and they just smokey smokey mcsmoke everywhere.

Marangonis suck too, big sidewall which isn't good.

I think I'm going for Mickey Thompson ET streets on the G40 next though. Only last 1000 miles but are very very sticky after a burnout!

• 2 weeks later...

Not too keen on toyos myself, ive got CF1s, they look like they are made from plastic but actually grip ok in the wet.

Ive got michelins on the front and they are great, very good tyres.

Pricey, but you get what you pay for.