Chav Wagons.......

Alex_225

It means 'I is a w***er from London that thinks I is a gangster cos I have a hoody and some boyzzz. I'm most likely black too and if not I will talk like I am....innit. I probably carry a gun or a flick knife too. I'm likely to beat me julie too'

Thats a bit racist isnt it? Surely against CL T&C's? :P

John

Thats a bit racist isnt it? Surely against CL T&C's? :P

John

i blame dizzee rascal ;)

Oh, nice choice! They have something about them. Pretty cool car B)

Although i saw one on the hard sholder on the way back from vwfest :o

Didnt clarkson say it was "undrivable"? must be good! :lol:

Yeah there's a few round our way, just nicely dropped on big Compomotive wheels, they look really smart.

They're a little out of my budget at the mo, but if they drop nearer the 8k mark I'll definitely be considering one!

Standard imprezas are certainly becoming a rare sight, a bog standard one in years to come is gonna be worth a mint.

My mates brother used to roll in a Starlet GT, amazing little car. When it was rebuilt it was one of the fastest starlets in the UK.

Managed to dig out an old list of some of the engine mods: Ross Racing pistons, steel head gasket, Crower rods, Piper cams, ported and flowed head, lightened and balanced crank, Blitz hybrid turbo and wastegate, 440cc injectors, excedy paddle clutch, GReddy boost controller, 311bhp!!

All this in a 1.3, and its definitely the fastest accelerating car i've ever been in. It was just so mind blowingly fast with seemingly endless amounts of torque and revs. Its when you've experienced something like that you start to understand why people try to improve/enhance something like an Impreza.

Edited by mattdacornish

I try to avoid thinking of cars in terms of their 'rep.' I didnt like BMWs for their reputation, but ive changed my mind with the current lot, BMW makes some of the most eco-efficient, best handdling cars in its class. Which i like ths sound of, and wouldnt mind a new mini 1.6D! B)

Its easy to see how BMW drivers get a rep for being knobish drivers. I took my mums 320d out a while back and its so comfortable, the power is on tap, just great to drive. Just a shame theres always some **** doing 20mph slower than you want to be doing in front of you!!

I thought the starlet is called a Toyota Glanza.... cos me mate has one and thats how he refers to it... despises people calling it a starlet lol

i think the way it works is both the starlet and glanza both run a 1.3 16v DOHC engine, thats the turbo model, but the glanza is a import. and the starlet turbo is a different shape to a glanza.

iam sure you can get a starlet the same shape as the glanza but that model is a non turbo 1.3 16v.

the old school rwd starlets are very very cool cars

my cousin has a white subaru with gold wheels and RED yes RED Rally decals on every panel

it looks rubishhh

I thought the starlet is called a Toyota Glanza.... cos me mate has one and thats how he refers to it... despises people calling it a starlet lol

It's because he's so JDM yo.

I always referred to them as Starlet Glanza Turbos... oh well...

If its the shape Starlet im thinking of, then its awful. It looks like its trying to be a micra, now a car trying to be something its not is bad enough, but a car trying to be a micra, dear god! Just buy a micra!

I couldnt care less how fast it was, or how reliable, or even how it drives, it still looks like a wannabe micra!

Im not meaning the old school startlets, btw.

We never got a car called a Glanza here, they are the imported ones? Like the nissan sunny and the pulsar? Same car, just one is faster - but both are still as nasty as each other! Although atleast Pulsar sounds kinda cool ;)

Nissan sunny/pulsar GTiR's are rapid cars, the same lad who had the starlet i mentioned before had a pulsar with 400bhp.

Me n his brother took it out, put a tenners worth of petrol in it, drove round for about 10mins and it used every last drop that we'd just put in!! You could almost watch the needle move down, down, down....!

I do agree with what some people have said in this thread tho about alot of the more modern jap cars looking like micra wannabes.

Its funny you should say that, as that was the big downfall with that car, it basically spat out most of the gearbox across the m54 one evening!!

The lad has thankfully seen the light and his last few motors have been VAG, currently driving a cupra r i believe.

i couldnt think of a car i wouldnt want to spend money on like this almera, the only stuff ive treated myself to on it is meguiars

sum total of about £40 lol

if i could i wouldnt

i'd buy a Gti loop instead!

Yeah but when you "hit a dear" and then "a bush". Your be going twice as fast as you did before.

Another GTi Written off..

Sorry, an un necessary comment.... but im taking the piss as others would use it to insult you :P

John

i couldnt think of a car i wouldnt want to spend money on like this almera, the only stuff ive treated myself to on it is meguiars

sum total of about £40 lol

if i could i wouldnt

your sig pic makes me laugh so hard.

it's as though they are proud that they drive almera's, lol.