Nuisance calls

Huw Pugh

My brother is having a lot of nuisance calls and texts from an ex of his. She's been politely asked to stop but she hasn't. Given the grief it's caused/causing, i'd like to cause a little back. Any suggestions? Answers on a postcard please. :coffee:

It is illegal, so if it get's too much he can report to the Police.

Misuse of Communications Act.

Can't get into the www.opsi.gov.uk site though...

Edited by Silver!

We've been considering the police but that just seems a little too easy. Is there anywhere that someone might register their mobile number which would cause numerous tele sales places to ring you? :shades:

advertise her car for sale and give her number and put it at a really cheap price so she will get loads of calls

It is illegal, so if it get's too much he can report to the Police.

Misuse of Communications Act.

Can't get into the www.opsi.gov.uk site though...

What he said.

The police will seize her phone, pain in the arse to get it back too.

How much of a nuisance are her calls and texts?

Are they threatening? coz if not isnt it a bit harsh to post her number up on the internet? If its only her calling/texting him I dont think its fair she gets a torrent of randoms contacting her

I had this and tried to get her number blocked from my phone, they could not do this but offered to change my number. I did that and it took her about two months to find out my new one through a friend slipping up and giving my new one to her :angry:

Eventually she stopped being so regular with the texts and call's which was good. She has now moved to Australia (two years ago) and so it has all stopped. Unless she comes back to visit ......... :ermm:

How much of a nuisance are her calls and texts?

Are they threatening? coz if not isnt it a bit harsh to post her number up on the internet? If its only her calling/texting him I dont think its fair she gets a torrent of randoms contacting her

They're not in any way threatening, but they're upsetting my brothers current girlfriend who he's now been with for a while. Because they're not threatening I don't really see the point in involving the plod, but I've asked her to stop and my brother has told her in no uncertain terms to do one, and she still persists - maybe 10 or so a night. She's a proper scat bag! :coffee:

Gumtree ftw! :lol:

They're not in any way threatening, but they're upsetting my brothers current girlfriend who he's now been with for a while. Because they're not threatening I don't really see the point in involving the plod, but I've asked her to stop and my brother has told her in no uncertain terms to do one, and she still persists - maybe 10 or so a night. She's a proper scat bag! :coffee:

Gumtree ftw! :lol:

Seriously dude, I had this and it ruined my relationship with my girlfriend. He has to get her to stop even if he changes numbers or something, I even had my work mates telling her I didnt work there anymore when she called me at work (my best mate tried telling her I had died but that didnt work either).

Has he tried calling his network to see if there is anything they can do? or does anyone you know, know her and can change a didget in his number so she thinks she is texting him but is texting someone else!?!

How about your brother forwards her texts back to her every time she sends one to him then at the end of the day sends one saying how pointless and boring it is?

Do it every day and it will piss her off, you never know she might get the point. or he could do the same but have a few of his mates send them back to her too so she knows he is showing them to people, this way at least the content of them *should* get better and less annoying to your brother and his girlfriend.

:lol:

Why not sign her up to those singles/or gay chat text services that cost £9 a week. Or those ringtone king, as many as possible. Would soon cost her 1k a month on phone bills if she is on contract!

Its also hard to stop these services as the old STOP method does not work. Everytime you see an advert go to their website and enter her phone number. The other way it will work is it will kill her credit on pay as you go, or make her hit her credit limit on contract in 1 day so she cannot use her phone (mobile company will block it)

Second suggestion, get your brother a new number and set his old number on divert to her home phone. So when she rings will just piss off her family, especially if its late at night! OR divert it back to her number so she can leave herself some answer phone messages. Or divert it to her dads mobile if you know it, will cause extreme embarrasment and gether confused.

Thrid suggestion, same as above but divert it to some mental NHS hospital/rehab clini/self help service!

What you think to those?

Edited by dtotty