OFFICIAL - 500 Abarth Revealed

krieglupo

Yeah so I had to make the headline a bit more eye-catching, how many times has this been mentioned on car websites over the past year or so.

Anyway yeah, here it is. I have to say...hmmm...pretty boke in terms of those wheels. I mean what the FECK were they thinking. The rest is class.

2274241409_040e1c7c60_o.jpg

2275038210_88812f56a4_o.jpg

2274244385_cf5ffa49a9_o.jpg

Edited by krieglupo

I definitely think this is a classic, it's another Williams Clio or Golf GTi.

Wheels are still pretty boke in my opinion. What happened to those nice multispokers on the test mules. Sort of looked like OZ type things.

HAHAHA. Sorry about that. I forgot that's a Glasgow slang term. Means disgusting. You don't need to worry about getting old after old.

EDIT: I'm starting to think these pictures aren't quite real...I mean supercars.net has this image is their frontpage and Autoblog has posted them as official. They still look sort of photshopped 'Auto Expressy' though.

Edited by krieglupo

HAHAHA. Sorry about that. I forgot that's a Glasgow slang term. Means disgusting. You don't need to worry about getting old after old.

EDIT: I'm starting to think these pictures aren't quite real...I mean supercars.net has this image is their frontpage and Autoblog has posted them as official. They still look sort of photshopped 'Auto Expressy' though.

technically the term boke is actualy bolk as in the thing you do when being sick but not actually being sick like puking nothing would be a dry bolk

make sense now?

its onomatopoea (sp?) its written like it sounds

Edited by jamiea7x

I want one. Will wait to see if they introduce the SS at the same time though. The Panda 100HP's engine is a peach, so force fed with more power can't really go wrong if you ask me. Either way, I think this is my next car.

Oh no, another derivative car like the New Beetle and the cumbersome ‘Mini’. I think it’s a great shame that big manufacturers can’t show a bit more originality. It looks pretty ugly and too many nods to the original 500 to be really satisfying visually.

Stick with the Loopy Andy, it has more originality and yet still manages a few subtle nods to the original Volks Wagen.

^

Pretty much you against the world there with that opinion, everyone is considering this an instant design classic and cool symbol. There is however no doubt that it will become common as hell, I think that's why Fiat is offering all these different customisation options, to try and make them have some variety.

Stick with the Loopy Andy, it has more originality and yet still manages a few subtle nods to the original Volks Wagen.

????

As for 500, I've yet to see one on the road here and the Abarth representaion (it's deffo a photoshop) looks over complicated, but the price will have to be right. As it it, the stock car is too expensive.

deffo photoshops the rear diffuser is froma ferrari with a couple of fins removed and zost tips added and the bumper vent in the rear is from the seat leon factory option bodykit?

aslo part of the front bumper is from the that w12 golf concept thing?

Pretty damn sure I saw one of these on saturday.

Went onto campus (warwick uni) and just as we were driving home, outside one of the lecture buildings, which is pretty modern and would make a good backdrop for photos, there were 2 500's pointing towards each other, one was white with graphics the other a plain red I think (was dark, around 10:30).

They were in the layby outside the building with cones and tape around them. Was a bit shocked to see them there, but they loooked great driving past at 15mph in the dark!

Dont like that too much, earlier photos of it looked better.

Im a bit dissapointed with the 500, its not as nice as i thought it would be. Dont think id buy one.

It seems to be a fashion car only, as road tests say its pretty ordinary to drive.