Miles to a tank

si_zr105

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get 170 / 190 miles from a full tank to the quarter mark depending on heavy my right foot is (using BP Ultimate). I drove 220 / 230 miles from Glasgow to Liverpool and used just over 3/4 of a tank. Fuel economy is superb (I had a 16v Sport before and the GTi is more economical - probably down to a combination of the 6th gear and not having to thrash it so hard).

my average is 200miles per tank even when driven a bit hard. this works out to about 34miles to the gallon. maybe if your trying to get banned, overtake at any risk and drive like a total C**k you could get that to about 30miles to the gallon.

this in my mind is amazing for the performance. my old Pug 306 averaged 20 to 25 miles to the gallon but then it was a bit quicker.

WTF??? all these people with 200 mile tanks..... thats madness. i suppose these cars are modded?

I get nearly 240miles untill the light comes on, then normally run it down to get about 270 out of a tank, when i fill up, i usually put in between 33-24 litres of v power.

Nope. From previous threads on here (there have been a few), it seems the normal average is about 180 miles to a tank. I find that sticking to 70 tends to knock it up a fair bit though. :rolleyes:

I've never managed to get under 180, but over 90% of the time I get bang on 180 miles to a tank.

Edited by Philplop

Hehe, if you're worred about consumption - my 1.0 gets 330 miles to a tank and that's not going gently either!

Hehe, if you're worred about consumption - my 1.0 gets 330 miles to a tank and that's not going gently either!

You must have a bigger fuel tank :lol: , i dont get much more from my TDi!

My 1.0 has done about 240 miles from a full tank this time! Nearly all town driving though.

400-430 miles to a tank. Diesel Polo power!

Works out about 9-10p a mile, nearly exactly what my Lupo was.

You do have a bigger tank though ;)

Edited by cardaft