1 liter shootout in the newyear?

chie

just a bit of fun and will get shot down in flames but is there anyone with one liters fancy getting together next year and go down the strip for a bit of fun and see who has the slowest/fastest 1.0?

*waits for sarcastic comments and/or tumbleweed*

im still thinking we need a 10 of the best in summer , we could have different catagories , the ultimate top ten lupo and arosas ( an open invitation for the quicket 1/4 open to anyone in the country with a lupo and arosa reguardless of petrol or durv ) , the top 10 1.4's and then a top 10 1litres , could prob do a durv burner class as well

Sounds like fun ;)

Although it would need to be standard cars against standards and modded against other modded ones. Engine wise!

Wouldnt mind seeing how quick/slow mine is compared to other ones, just out of curiosity. Although id need to get my 1.0 and TDi there, trailer maybe ... ;)

1.0s are a bit slated on here at times, its about time we showed them what they can do :lol:

Edited by cardaft

sounds great having diffrent classes, 1.0,1.4 8v, 1.4 sport gti, and transplants?

didnt think anyone would be that interested :)

should be a right laugh we need more 1.0 tuning, would be sweet to see if a 16v head would fit off a 1.4 or some other parts swapping, like3 bigger throttlbodie etc

Edited by chie

Which strip will we be going to?

sounds like fun i would be up for it i have a 1.4 16v i have been tld off a cupple of my friends that come out on a night round my area its a quick little car should be a fun day out

carl

if someone gives york raceway a ring they might just do a lupo oc section so you get a set of runs between each cat. they do this with the fiats and fto's and others on different days. its just not the best road to get into. (very bumpy)

Or what about having a word with santa pod and having it just on one of there RWYB days rather when anything else is on and the que is long.

I'll be at York Raceway on the 8th April anyway so if a little class is organised for us i'll definitely join in.

It's normally quite quiet the first meeting, it's just the weather isn't always great.

I'm a bit of a regular at York :lol: