Dead Pixels

Putney

My Dads new LG Tv has 3 dead pixels. He couldn't see them but everyone else could after I pointed them out. Only one week old. Also my 400D has 1 dead pixel on the screen.

If the shop will swap the camera over intime before I go to OZ then I will do it. If not looks like I got to live with it or do a warranty claim when I get back!

The TV is not acceptable. I thought they tested each screen before they are sent out. You would think they would have some sensor that could pick up none working pixels!

I thought dead pixels were a thing of the past!

I thought so too. I got myself a new Sony 40X3500 last month or so. I checked it over and over. Thats after the 1st one turned up smashed! My dad didn't even no to look for them!

You 'may' have trouble getting them swapped without a bit of a shout.

Most outlets work on a percentage basis. From memory when I worked at Comet it was something something like 2% must be dead to warrant an exchange, although they normally caved if the customer gave a good fight.

So be nice to start with and just go in expecting a quick swap, and if they say no, shout a bit, make sure the queue hears you, then ask for the manager ;) Generally the manager will side with you even if he/she knows the customer service person is right just to get you out of the store

I bought a plasma because of it and the picture's better when I watch normal telly.

I have a couple of dead (actually they're red) pixels on the display of my Olympus SP350 camera - annoying.

Daz... Why Do You Feel The Need To Capitalise The First Letter Of Every Single Word That You Post?

I For One Find It A Little Annoying...

I think Nicki can read minds! :blink: I was just thinking the same thing...must be time consuming?!

Some manufactures will replace for a dead pixel, most wont tho, the ones that do are :

Sony

Viewsonic

Iiyama

That I know of there maybe more, i think Dell will if you have a certain amount!

Daz... Why Do You Feel The Need To Capitalise The First Letter Of Every Single Word That You Post?

I For One Find It A Little Annoying...

Unlucky, And No Its Not Time Consuming For A Man Of My Calibur :)

:lol: