What cars dont you let out?

Tigz™

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I let out anyone but only one car at a time usually.

I always use the lane that closes ahead. Surely if there's two lanes, you should use them for as long as possible, thus preventing the tailbacks from being so long and possibly blocking off roundabouts and junctions further up the road (which I see every day on my way to Uni). People that block off the outside lane piss me off.

:)

I always use the lane that closes ahead. Surely if there's two lanes, you should use them for as long as possible, thus preventing the tailbacks from being so long and possibly blocking off roundabouts and junctions further up the road (which I see every day on my way to Uni). People that block off the outside lane piss me off.

A-fricking-men.

Someone sensible.

Have the rest of you ever heard of zip merge or merge in turn?

You pay the tax for the road, bloody use it!

Edited by Swoxy

lol leaving work....

think they stopped infront of you lol nevermind, i'm the one with memory loss due to polishing alloy :lol:

haha, well yes i agree, although your really skipping the traffic so you get in the line before others who have been waiting ages. Then i would think it often happenes when people do that and get to the road block and no one lets them in. When im in that situation i usually go down the outside until i can see the end of that lane then get over, not leaving it to the end to try and barge in. Then I would be one of those poeple not letting you in im afraid :lol:

I nearly got reversed into by a transit van, with a huge step on the back of it, by doing that though, i was just keeping close to the car infront of me, in a line which i had been sat in, slowly creeping forward for about half an hour. Then someone just trys to barge in nearly taking off my front wing. SO i held my hand on the embarrassment of a horn, but he was so close i had to let him infront, so since i did that he put it into reverse and flew backwards at me, so i just didnt do anything. Although i nearly reported him to the police i was so furious :angry:

i refuse to let cars out that dont indicate or the ones that just try and barge out cause i drive a small car . also people who clearly know the road narrows up ahead into 1 lane and they try and come up in the lane that dissapears , if somebody does that i close the gap right up to the car infront so they cant get in.

I usually let people out, but never if they are trying to just push in. Can't stand people just barging in, and using the wrong lane and cutting me up on roundabouts :angry2:.

Bloody hell, all this "I don't like BMWs" is getting a bit repetitive. The car isn't the problem, it's the driver. The BMW and Audi A4 have replaced the Vectra and Mondeo in the company carpark for one reason - at disposal time, the company gets a lot more back for a small increase in outlay at the time of purchase. The 'added value' part is that the employee (a shiny suit wearing knob sucker who should have set off 10 minutes ago) feels like he's got some kind of promotion because he's in a premium brand.

Mondeo Man has become Beemer Bummer Boy and ruins it for everyone. Haven't all you moaning gits got a car version of Little Man Syndrome?

well said that man - manners don't cost anythign and improve everyone's day. If you were on foot you wouldn't spped up yoru walking pace to cut someone up so just pause for a couple of seconds to let someone out, you can always overtake them again if you're in a hurry and what's it cost you, 10ft of road space you coudl have been closer to yoru direction.

well said that man - manners don't cost anythign and improve everyone's day. If you were on foot you wouldn't spped up yoru walking pace to cut someone up so just pause for a couple of seconds to let someone out, you can always overtake them again if you're in a hurry and what's it cost you, 10ft of road space you coudl have been closer to yoru direction.

I think its a bit early for Crusoe's typing skills to of kicked in yet!!

http://www.iam.org.uk/pressroom/newsarchiv...tember+2007.htm

Just released from the Institute of Advanced Motorists and now in the latest Highway Code published on 28th September.

“Too often we see a long, empty lane leading up to roadworks, doing nothing, because drivers have been told to get in lane too early. Then there is a tension with people perceived as ‘pushing in’. The new recommendation to merge in turn in the Highway Code will encourage drivers to use all the available lanes – right up to the lane closure - and could make roadworks less of a problem,” he said.

“It will avoid frustration and mean everybody gets through the restriction that much quicker.”

Edited by Swoxy

Depends on my mood and generally I'm pretty good mannered, but that said...

-Taxis

-White van men, though you gotta be careful as they don't care about their vans

-Plumbers

-4x4, unless they're muddy and look like they've been used offroad.

-BMWs

...never stand a chance.

Ray :huh: