EBAY NO RESERVE Lupo GTI Blue

Bikerz

CAT B means it can only be used for parts! So It cant be a cat B and be legal

So i just made up the hpi report then? laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

i remember on 5th gear wen the crashed a cat d focus against a normal focus and the damage was imence! id hate to see how worse off that cat B would be.

No offence here but your quick summarisation is what puts people of crash repaired vehicles, i have done many and all to a good standard as all have been for mine or close familys use, the last one in fact was for my brother and he has always carried his young son in it since his birth and i wouldnt dream of risking my nephews life if i thought the car was unsafe it wouldnt leave my drive

the fact is they used a very poorly repaired car against an original one and as i have said many times before if you have no experience of qualification in doing body repair then DO NOT buy a crash repairable as this is what cause the death traps on the roads, that and the tests carried out after are crap

to keep on the same subject many will have seen the minis or in daz's case lupo with the backend of the car cut out and a bike engine put in its place totally altering the car to quite an extent, the driven wheels, drivetrain the lot is changed now nearly all of these cars require no test to be done and with many insurers even an engineers report isnt needed so no one will be checking there quality of work

i would'nt hold your breath i asked last night

i too have reported but usual crap ebay they are too interetsed in the selling fees to worry about someone getting ripped off or killed, i cant begine to imagine how sever the accident was to be a cat B that 100% insurance loss IIRC so either way it had a hell of a lot replaced

wayne

This case is totally different, the car for one can never be put on the road. And the seller doesnt have before/after pics, or wont say who repaired it. This is the type that IS dangerous. For all most people know, they could be driving a car around which was CAT X, once sat in a scrap yard but is now their pride and joy.

Edited by penry

Item you're bidding on:

2003 VOLKSWAGEN LUPO GTI BLUE

Current bid: £1,700.00

Your maximum bid: £50,000.00

You are the current high bidder

Another user may still outbid you

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Check this out

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A:IT&ih=017

this was in my watched items list, same car, same photos, different seller.

Mmmmm!

The car may have now been removed from ebay, but some poor unsuspectecting person will buy it from another source.

Check this out

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A:IT&ih=017

this was in my watched items list, same car, same photos, different seller.

Mmmmm!

The car may have now been removed from ebay, but some poor unsuspectecting person will buy it from another source.

ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Thats shocking, so someone has just paid nearly £5K for that.

What could a CAT B be? i would have thought it would have been well knackered, like the roof all bent, maybe a rollover.

COuld it have been flood damaged and had a front impact at the same time?

Just seems odd to me that it dont look toooo badly damaged, and it it was really badly damaged there would be no money in it to repair it.

Obviously i can see its had a shockingly bad repair and it shouldnt be on the road but it dont look like it should have been a CATB.

@Tigz, i hope you didnt really bid £50K blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Recorded against VRM and VIN

Recorded on VCAR Vehicle Recorded As DVLA SCRAPPED MARKER On Condition Alert Regstr

Description VOLKSWAGEN LUPO GTI

Date 29/03/2005

Is that the date it was recorded damaged on?

So it was crashed over two years ago huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> Wheres it been since then, surely any car not fit for the road would have been founded and destroyed by now, hope its not been on the road badly repaired for two years wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Id hate to fine out how many wrecked cars are driving around on our roads, must be lots and lots id imagine.

But i agree about slightly damaged cars, id quite hapily buy a CATD car if i had pics of before when it was damaged.

Although id have to think again about buying a CAT C, i doubt i would actually.

The fact that it's not too badly damaged looking makes me even more concerned.

Anyone had a raven blue nicked recently?

no but one of the guys on here had parts from a raven blue one nicked remember ? that was about a year or two ago

Nice to see ebay actually listened, to us in the end, mine and mitches and other's endless complaints obviously got the message across smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> disapointing to hear its been for sale by a different seller before though

spoke to girl at my mates works the other day when i was about to go and look at a 172 she noticed the HPI check paperwork in my hand (was about to HPi when it when i got there) and she said "whats one of them?" i explained and she told me how she had just brought a 04 MG ZR for £4k with 30k miles on it it was quite a good buy IMO, i then relised she hadnt had it checked at all, now this car was worth every penny she paid (orevious owner lost license so needed it gone)

now this is the type of buyer this seller is aiming for, No offence to women her (because i certainly dont mean it that way) but women in general are very impulisve buyers, they see what they want and get it and dont like to wait and an offer of £4.5k to take it off his drivway im sure this seller would have obliged ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

i think jons idea of a stolen car is possible, the car doesnt look overly out of shape although i did kinda work it out the other day, cat B is 100% loss so not worth even thinking of repair, now imagine a heavy front on, you need the following new from dealers plus fitting with VAT

new engine, gearbox, 2 chassis legs, alu bonnet, bumper, 2x exenon head lamps, 2 alu wings, 2x bottom arms, antiroll bar, front fibre cassin, coolant rad

that is easily 100% of an 03's value BUT buy the car for 1k get a second hand engine and box for £400, and front end panels and arms for £300 from a breakers and for £2k roughly all in youve got a car to sell on for the hoped £5k with £3k profit sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

wayne