Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

What was that about the steering wheel? any problems with it?

Everyone who's ever fited one of these is very hush hush and not giving much details on fitting, reliability, problems with it, etc.

I don't get it! :thumbdown:

What? that's probably because there is only 2-3 people that have this wheel fitted!!

In the end of the day, if you cant solder, don't know much about electronics and how earth circuits work, and cant drill a hole with a shoulder in it, then don't bother trying to fit one of these wheels. If you know how to do this then i don't think i need to tell you how to fit a steering wheel!

Anyhow, got the gauges all in and have now wired them up, aquamist is nearly ready for fire up, once ive put the ecu back in.

Exhaust sensor has turned up, going to fit that this week hopefully.

IMG_6698.jpg

IMG_6695.jpg

IMG_6705.jpg

John

Im going to polish it first and see what its like before painting it.

Anyway, got myself a new starter motor and alternator as i thought it was about time..

Radiators back from repair, once again pro alloy magic has occured, lovely welds and a great repair!

IMG_6729.jpg

IMG_6723.jpg

IMG_6728.jpg

IMG_6725.jpg

IMG_6724.jpg

IMG_6726.jpg

Turned down a M12 nut on a lathe to make the boss for the EGT sensor, recessed the hole for the EGR valve that used to be on the manifold and then welded it to it, Looks pretty OEM if you ask me.

IMG_6722.jpg

IMG_6719.jpg

IMG_6718.jpg

IMG_6717.jpg

IMG_6716.jpg

Boot has been redone as it sunk, small bubble of rust in the back plate caused it to sink, all done now although a little dirty

IMG_6739.jpg

IMG_6741.jpg

IMG_6740.jpg

Car is looking very dirty, Its not been cleaned in about 6 weeks now im going to do a good update when i start doing the clean for edition, hope it will be an interesting read for people to have a look at before and after pics of the car. and learn a few techniques, if they want to.

IMG_6738.jpg

IMG_6742.jpg

John

Yeh loads of time!!! :blink:

Will have the exhaust on tonight, alternator and starter motor were fitted yesterday. Then need to put the front back on and refit the rad.

Got some tardis on some hard to reach places, bay is slowly getting tidyer!

Ordered my methanol, and some polyurethane for the charger cooler repair, new heat shield material too. All that's left is to fit the smaller charger pulley next week and belt it all up again.

Then I'll have a nice week of cleaning before edition, provided I don't brake anything!!

John

Little bit less mess, and a few bits added on.

Wiring nearly done, EGT sensor wired in and hidden, wideband unit moved to try and hide it a little, all wiring will be loom taped up when ive got the connectors to put the water meth and egt wiring in to the ecu.

Slowly getting there, but still one hell of a busy engine bay!!

IMG_6748.jpg

IMG_6743.jpg

IMG_6746.jpg

IMG_6744.jpg

IMG_6745.jpg

John

Nice bit of progress today, Could have got more done, but my iPhone broke, so had to go to get it replaced and rain stopped play a few times.

Took the charger and inlet arrangement apart, sanded down the welds as well as i could without risking them cracking, Treated the charger to a new coat of paint, as with my "that'l do for a while" 6 month bodge throttle cable bracket. Also took the time to polish up the boost pipe at the back of the bay, very happy how they have come out tbh.

P1060046.jpg

P1060037.jpg

P1060044.jpg

P1060050.jpg

P1060054.jpg

P1060055.jpg

P1060048.jpg

P1060049.jpg

P1060057.jpg

Watermeth is now finished, tanks are now full of distilled water, and is being leak checked overnight, in the morning ill connect up power and purge it to get it all running. Then its just a case of fitting the jet close to the intercooler outlet and jobs a gooden. Got a few pics of the install behind the scuttle panel, Which will be all cleaned and detailed before it goes back on of course!

P1060059.jpg

P1060060.jpg

Would have got the charger leak fixed and rewrapped today, but the polyurethane didnt arrive, first job for next week that is.

Took the steering wheel off, recessed the slip ring in to the back of the wheel to give me a little bit more room, which has got rid of the phantom horn!, no pics as i wouldnt want you to see how i fitted it now would i wink.gif.

John

Well it all went to **** today.

Got out there, got the tank all filled up and ready to prime...... POW, or should i say no POWer...

Turns out the aquamist controller has a dodgy solder joint and has to go back for repair..... just to make my job of getting this car ready for editon just that little bit harder... so i got annoyed and went out on the motorcross bike instead.

So, i didn't noting today, apart from clean the boot and detail it.

P1060076.jpg

P1060077.jpg

Not happy, dont like wasting my time....

Ive still got enough time, just going to be a few late evenings and one bit weekend of work next weekend to get ti running for a week of mapping and set up.

John

Bad news about the setback :( hope its not too much trouble to get sorted. Looks great though, can't wait to see it at edition B)

Been busy tonight, Ill let some pics do the talking though.... coffee.gif

Amaisingly, i decided to see if it would run with the charger disconnected, no idle control valve, no lambada sensor and mega over fuel.... and it started and idled!! Woooooo!

Also... Flatshifting coming to a lupo near you! Full throttle gear changes.... Woooooo

P1060088.jpg

P1060089.jpg

P1060090.jpg

P1060092.jpg

P1060093.jpg

P1060094.jpg

P1060095.jpg

P1060096.jpg

P1060097.jpg

P1060099.jpg

P1060110.jpg

P1060111.jpg

P1060104.jpg

P1060106.jpg

P1060108.jpg

Oh and i have a new mascot..... anyone who knows what i look like will understand!

P1060087.jpg

John

Sorry missed you earlier..

Full throttle gear changes sounds good, easy to do too as the Lupo has the clutch pedal switch, if it works the right way round. Would be nice to see if it work on a std Lupo, so much throttle lag on them, see they do kits for the Golf's.

Perfect Mascot too. :lol:

Looks nearly there!