Stupid arsing Belkin router

ArosaMike

Since we got this router at home a few months ago, I've had endless problems with it. I'd hardly say I'm a networking pro, but I usually know my way around and I've succesfully got two Wi-Fi networks working at Uni, but this one.....this is something else!

I have absolutely no idea why, but despite completely starting from scratch a number of times now, the same problem keeps happening. Basically, it seems that depending what computer is on when you reset the router, the others refuse to connect without that one being turned on. You'd think that if you turned them all on at once and reset the router it would solve the problem but no! It then just chooses a random one to rely on.

Anyone got a clue what's going on?

lol Ive had mine for months, I still connect via a cable as I cant figure it out

A pile of ***** isn't it!

We've been through a few wireless routers, and couldn't get any to work properly.

Pain in the a*se, the lot of 'em.

Not much help to you, but it shows you're not the only one!

Edit: Can we say ar*e please mods? Or at least edit it to 'bum', ass is such a rubbish word.

Edited by philip_wilkinson1

We have a Belkin wireless router, and we all connect wirelessly, most of the time. It's fine 95% of the time, we leave it on and never turn it off, it's just every now and then it'll just stop dead for no reason. If you turn it off for 10 mins it's usually fine after that.

sorry i cant help but i want to add my anger too. i have a nice new blue wireless router sitting on my computer with 2 aerials. the power is switched off because after a whole day of trouble shooting it wont connect to the internet. also today not getting the point i bought a wireless keyboard and mouse. no matter how close i am to the receiver the mouse jerks and gets stuck, another waste of money. wireless anything now is evil. i so hate cables and wires but they work perfectly and without technology being stupid.

iv got a belkin wirless ruter, its ***** with a belking wireless pen but works really well with a netgear one

belking one takes ages to pick up the network then keeps droppin it, netgear pen finds it first time and never drops

I'm running a Netgear one, Its been on 24/7 since i bought it (and my mac) back in january...

Never had a problem with the connection through the mac, although when i tried wireless on my dad's PC it was having none of it...

Would work for 3 minutes at a time :S

Dare I say I have an Apple wireless network and have never had any problems apart from the odd reset in 3 years.

PC and iBook connect every time.

I just hope I haven't spoken too soon!

Ray

I would recommend netgear routers, ive had one for years and its never let me down yet! lol

Not sure about Belkin Routers, but have had some experience with Belkin network cards, and the card itself was fine, but the software seemed poo, updated it off the website (using a different connection!), and since then it was fine!

Belkin have gone really bad lately. Ive bought 3 different items from them and they have all gone back!

I dont think you can beat linksys on routers atm. Cheap and really good. The uptime on mine is 100% i would say. Not let me down for years! shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

We've had a Belkin and two Linksys, they all broke.

Have a Netgear at the minute, and other than having to restart it now and again because it slows down too much, it's worked the longest.

Edited by philip_wilkinson1

I bought some Netgear WAPs from Dell for a couple of hotspots at work.

They gave prob's at first, but a firmware update fixed them and they've been working for 2 years non stop now.

Have you checked the Belkin site for firmware updates for your hardware?

Just a thought!

Ray

Have you checked the Belkin site for firmware updates for your hardware?

Oh yes! Many a time and with no luck! LOL

i have the bt home hub and its spot on smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i got a netgear. never a problem. i usually reset it once a week, not because of problems, i was just told to by a friend. lol

shopping hint: go onto pcworld website and order you product of the wesite (usually cheaper than instore) and when using checkout use the "collect instore" feature. print your receipt. take it into the store and you get the web price.

the router was £145 instore, i got it for £95 online, then collected it instore.

you could try updating the firmware on the router, it might solve the problem. probably a windows problem tho tbh. XP kept doing this with my old router. it just plainly would not set up a wireless network. unless all computers were rebooted at same time.

Edited by Lupo*