Lupo Sport Blog - Last Update - 26/11/2012

heartagram

I was under the impression that the driving lights and head lamps from the gti are connected together. Isn't this the case, meaning the headlamp is a complete swap giving height adjustment etc. for a none gti model.

Cheers Kam, looking good.

I was under the impression that the driving lights and head lamps from the gti are connected together. Isn't this the case, meaning the headlamp is a complete swap giving height adjustment etc. for a none gti model.

Cheers Kam, looking good.

My car already has electric light adjusting, I dunno if thats what you mean?

As for the headlight swap. On a non GTI your sidelights and headlights are one unit and the indicators another. On a GTI its the small lamps are side lights and the indicator and headlight are one unit. So the wiring will have to be moved around to give me the indicators as the side lights and then the GTI lamp will be the indicator and the headlight in the single unit. Its a faf on, but the GTI headlights look so much better than the stock ones.

Yeah the adjustment is what i meant, the gti is automatic, wasn't sure whether this was part of the headlight itself. If you can do it manually then fair enough.

They do look smart, it something i've thought about in the past though not looked that ffar into it just yet. Will be interesting when you've finished it.

I have always liked the 3L front. well i just dislike the join on the standard front really did you use 3L wings or mod the original ones? Didnt the 3L have standard headlights? The auto level should not be an issue unless the ride hight changes. Its designed to account for fat people sitting in the back or for the days you feel like taking you brick collection for a ride in the boot. Surley you can connect the level up to the original roller adjustment?

Oh and you loose the auto adjust because its calculated by the ride hight at the back the GTI has something on the suspension to detect the hight and adjust the hight of the lights. As far as i know its a leagal requirement along with the washer jets.