my drive home

timmeh

Its pet hate time.

People that use brakes on the motorway - NO NEED - driving on the motorway is about distance, timing and spacial awareness, the only pedals you need to use are the accelerator and the clutch, its about anticipation!

that brings me onto tailgating, why do people tailgate, you aint got a snowballs chance in hell if the **** hits the fan and you need to stop quickly! infuture if folk start to tail gate me, i will pull on my rear fog lights then give them some brake light and watch them panic in my rear view mirror.

then we have the people that drive in the middle lane at 60mph! i wish i had a ban stick, so i could just say your banned, your banned etc. i tend to either undertake these people or pull along side them, drop back off, then pull right up behind them for a second then gun it out into the inside lane to go past then cut in and back to the outside lane to make a point.

then you have the people who are in front of you in the outside lane, you go to overtake a lorry, they want to pull out too, so you let them, then they go at 61mph whilst the lorry continues at 60mph, so you have to overtake them then and it pushes all the traffic into the inside lane.

people in the UK have no lane discipline on the roads it annoys me, today some old couple sat in the middle lane of the m4 for about 15mins, having many opportunities to pull into the outside lane to drive, which as it happen is called the driving lane.....again them doing this pushes all the trafic into the inside lane and causes accidents, its ban stick time.

i am a grumpy young man! anyoen agree/disagree or have any pet hates they want to get off their chest!

Its pet hate time.

People that use brakes on the motorway - NO NEED - driving on the motorway is about distance, timing and spacial awareness, the only pedals you need to use are the accelerator and the clutch, its about anticipation!

that brings me onto tailgating, why do people tailgate, you aint got a snowballs chance in hell if the **** hits the fan and you need to stop quickly! infuture if folk start to tail gate me, i will pull on my rear fog lights then give them some brake light and watch them panic in my rear view mirror.

then we have the people that drive in the middle lane at 60mph! i wish i had a ban stick, so i could just say your banned, your banned etc. i tend to either undertake these people or pull along side them, drop back off, then pull right up behind them for a second then gun it out into the inside lane to go past then cut in and back to the outside lane to make a point.

then you have the people who are in front of you in the outside lane, you go to overtake a lorry, they want to pull out too, so you let them, then they go at 61mph whilst the lorry continues at 60mph, so you have to overtake them then and it pushes all the traffic into the inside lane.

people in the UK have no lane discipline on the roads it annoys me, today some old couple sat in the middle lane of the m4 for about 15mins, having many opportunities to pull into the outside lane to drive, which as it happen is called the driving lane.....again them doing this pushes all the trafic into the inside lane and causes accidents, its ban stick time.

i am a grumpy young man! anyoen agree/disagree or have any pet hates they want to get off their chest!

people that don't move out the way for motorbikes piss me off. it takes 2 seconds to shift slightly over to let a bike pass angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

people that don't move out the way for motorbikes piss me off. it takes 2 seconds to shift slightly over to let a bike pass angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

I'm forced to agree with you there, part of the journey between our house and Sarahs parents place is over a B-Road thats very popular with bikers as its the 'interesting' route into mid-Wales, thus from now until September is crawling with power rangers. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Anyway, I always move over and 90% of the time get the thank-you wave, but it really, really gets my goat when the car infront doesn't do it, for the simple reason that it just makes the act of passing more dangerous for everyone, car and bike alike.

They are also normally the same dozy toss pots who having being passed by the bikes (and me for that matter) at 50 then amazingly catch you up in the 30 and 40 limits of the villages that line the route.

That said, while I have a healthy respect for bikers, theres a chap on Sarahs dads side of the family who is bike mad and always seems to single me out to chat to at family events, and most of the time I have no sodding idea what GST-299939101.1 hes on about. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Whilst i agree with the above and constantly shout "Learn to drive" at a vast percentage of cars in the uk...

people in the UK have no lane discipline

...Ever driven in Italy wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

I agree with most of the above, some people just drive like that to annoy other drivers im sure, and it works.

I see loads of people driving in the outside lane going very slightly faster than the inside lane, although they dont pull back in when they have passed the cars on the inside lane, they just continue at their speed in the outside lane with a mass of cars vehind them wanting to get passed. I always shout at people who undertake, but these kind of drivers drive me to do it mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

And HGVs overtaking, that should not be allowed, something is wrong with their speed limiter if they can overtake. Quite a few times ive sat behind a HGV trying to pass another one and it takes miles for them to get passed.

Im quite an impatient driver and people who carnt even manage to achieve the speed limit really get on my nerves.

There are quite a few things that annoy me on the road, although tailgating has to be the worst. People who drive about a metre off your back bumper in the outside lane and move over to the barrier to try and force you to move over or speed up, i wouldnt mind as much if i was going slow but there is no need for it. Usually the typical BMW driver, these people give BMW drivers a bad name. I just tend to either apply the brakes slightly and they usually brake hard because they are too close or stay in that lane for longer than i should, and annoy them back, they are so unsafe, your looking in your mirror at what they are doing more than looking where you are going.

You also get a lot of people on B roads driving at 50 then slowing down then speeding up, its so annoying and its usually where there is no where to pass them.

Whilst i agree with the above and constantly shout "Learn to drive" at a vast percentage of cars in the uk...

...Ever driven in Italy wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Yes i do that quite a bit laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Nope ive not, but i can imagine that they are quite bad if their parking is anything to go by.

Ive found in France they have very good lane discipline, although having their indicators on constantly when overtaking is a bit pointless, and i think they are close to italians for parking finesse huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Edited by cardaft

Yeah have to agree with most of the above, esp, braking on the motorway!!!

Adam - I also move for bikes, for a couple of reaons, firstly I like bikes! Secondly, theres no point holding them up, only to watch them bully their way passed anyway.

Would be nice if bikers realised that people cant always pull over immediately to let them pass, and some appreciation would be nice too!

Edited by matt a

Seems there's a few on e38 having issues aswell..

"...people who slow right down on slip roads and wait for a gap instead of getting up to speed and merging"

That gets me annoyed every time!

The dashed line at the end of the slip road indicates that you must Give Way to the traffic already on the motorway. That might mean you have to stop!!!

Scary.

In Portugal the motorways are funny, if you drive in the correct lane you are a homo... simple as that.

French motorways are the best, real good lane discipline.

If I get stuck behind someone who insists on doing 60mph in the middle lane (or even 70mph but no need for them to be there), i just flash them until they speed up or move over.

I hate cars that get right up your ass for going slowly when overtaking, but you are going as fast as the car infront.

Edited by Steffro

i drove from manchester to brighton on friday and then back yesterday and the amount of people who just simply cant use there common sence while m/way drivin is untrue, the people that annoy me the most is when they are over taking in the fast lane and then just run at the same speed as what they was doin in the middle lane. i must admit my drive to brighton was a 5hour drive and at times i found myself just crusin at 70 in the middle lane bein a 60yr old middle lane hogger. and i Apologize to the guy in the passat behind me flashin me to move over but i really couldnt be arsed lol (y not just use the fast lane?)

In Portugal the motorways are funny, if you drive in the correct lane you are a homo... simple as that.

I remember being in Portugal for the Euro finals driving to one of the matches & everyone was overtaking an ambulance on the motorway, it was on an emergency call doing abou a ton at the time! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

My uncle lives in Portugal and has a BMW 535d so does 100+mph everywhere. He said he was driving the other day and saw some flashing lights behind him, realised it wasnt blue so moved over to let it overtake. It was a Farrari doing about 180! Crazy lovely persons

Edited by Steffro

Light Flashers are a bunch of mardarsed-selfish-ignorant-self important-selling something from a company car-wish they were Damon Hill-shiny suit wearing-****ers.

If anyone flashes me and depending on the chariot for the day, they either get the chance to suddenly test their reaction times to 21W of red (and I like a bit of g-force), or get a face full of soot. C*nts.

Edited by IDGM

Light Flashers are a bunch of mardarsed-selfish-ignorant-self important-selling something from a company car-wish they were Damon Hill-shiny suit wearing-****ers.

LMFAO ^^^^

So if someone is doing 40mph in the outside lane of a completely clear dual carriage way, but the person behind flashes to alert them to their presence, then they're a selfish ignorant ****?

I quite regularly have to undertake people who don't move over, but I don't accelerate hard and cut them up when I'm pulling back in, I just move back into the inside lane, like I would if they weren't there, and carry on at a sensible speed and pull back out again safely.

If you undertake dangerously then they're just going to think you're a prick, doing it safely would make more of a point to them than cutting them up.

There are quite a few things that annoy me on the road, although tailgating has to be the worst. People who drive about a metre off your back bumper in the outside lane and move over to the barrier to try and force you to move over or speed up, i wouldnt mind as much if i was going slow but there is no need for it. Usually the typical BMW driver, these people give BMW drivers a bad name. I just tend to either apply the brakes slightly and they usually brake hard because they are too close or stay in that lane for longer than i should, and annoy them back, they are so unsafe, your looking in your mirror at what they are doing more than looking where you are going.

Yep agree with that, I get really annoyed with people tailgating me and think "How dare they drive so close to me", and end up looking in more in my mirror than ahead. Some guy in a big mitsubishi pickup tried to get in my boot not long ago so I brushed the brake pedal and he backed off very quickly. The thing is I only use the outside lane for overtaking and everytime I have been tailgated I have always been going at least the speed limit, there really is no need. mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

So if someone is doing 40mph in the outside lane of a completely clear dual carriage way, but the person behind flashes to alert them to their presence, then they're a selfish ignorant ****?

People who don't pull over once they have done their overtaking are similarly tarnished. However, I have yet to see a road with a minimum speed limit.

Say you're travelling around the M60 in the outside lane and managing to acheive 80mph (rare these days around the top bit) overtaking a gazillion HGVs and other vehicles. A toss pot in a 407 estate looms large in your rear view and gives you a flash to 'alert you to his presence' and remind you he's late for his next sales call.

Do you

1) admire his courtesy and gracious driving attitude, or

2) think he's a **** and slam on to give him something to think about other than his next Olympic breakfast at the next Little Chef, or

3) make him wait until you have finished what you are doing before pulling over?

The correct answer is 3) with a Gareth Hunt (RIP) gesture added for good measure.

Fog Lights!

Tossers.

agree there tigz

I saw a jag with an old guy with fog lights and no headlights on - in the early evening!

Say you're travelling around the M60 in the outside lane and managing to acheive 80mph (rare these days around the top bit) overtaking a gazillion HGVs and other vehicles. A toss pot in a 407 estate looms large in your rear view and gives you a flash to 'alert you to his presence' and remind you he's late for his next sales call.

Fair enough if it would cause you to slow down to fit into a gap or they're being a prick, but if there is nothing in the inside lane they should have already moved over, regardless of their speed or your speed.

If there's enough time for you to undertake them safely, there's enough time for them to move over to let you past, which they should do whether you're there or not, you should always move back into the inside lane after overtaking. People who don't do it are usually just unobservant, only look straight ahead and not what's happening around them.

*Cough*

ibizalights_small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

hahaa! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

It was only for the pic, then when I drove off they were switched off smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...
However, I have yet to see a road with a minimum speed limit.

I'm probably wrong, but I thought there was a minimum speed for motorways, hence why you can't take tractors on them and the like