Sporty 5 Doors Suggestions

Tigz™

They were built out of Fiats parts bin wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, got some thinking to do.

By the way, the insurance on the Passat is pretty much the same as every other car listed.

An extra £240.

Choices Choices...

Although I'm off to a Trade auction next week so may come back with something in bits...

Also thinking of putting the Renault on the road for a while.

£300 a year classic car insurance wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously Andi it does fit all your needs with the exception of missing two doors (I might even be willing to do a special deal tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />) - but if thats really a problem the Accord TypeR is an awesome buy. For 5k you wont find a better combination of reliability, enjoyment, cost and practicality.

I know what you mean about the Alfa though...

I'll be honest and say I'm quite concerned about this 147 I'm looking at (same V6 engine as the 156) and the fact that its possible to achieve single-figures in the MPG stakes doesn't help.

I think its just the 'unknown' factor...that I might end up with some scary bills. But I suppose you can get big bills with any car, and the old "Alfa's break all the time" is a bit out-dated.

I know two people with Alfas. The guy next doors got a 147 JTD and his seems not to have had any problems, and my mates-mates on his second 156 and loves it (2.0 TSparks, I think?).

Bora V5 170hp - Like the idea of it, good value. Id just have to change too much so thats out.

Skoda Octavia VRs 1.8T 180hp. Cant think of a bad thing about it. (If I ignore -And get Emma to- the insurance.

Out of the two, I'd go for the Octy.

I've driven a V6 4motion bora & Andi, you'd lose your licence in a week. Its *far* too easy to do over the limit without feeling like you are. Don't know about the V5 bora though. Guessing its probably fairly similar grunt wise courtesy of the extra weight on the 4motion?

if the repairs are up to scratch and the history is good this could be a fantastic buy. Maybe be a bit sencible but performance to blow the others away in the real world. http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/124948.htm

or this for a safer bet http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/130843.htm

Edited by Crusoe

if the repairs are up to scratch and the history is good this could be a fantastic buy. Maybe be a bit sencible but performance to blow the others away in the real world. http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/124948.htm

But my god look at it. The 530d is a great motor, and in standard form that generation car looks great. But yet again someones decided to make a car appear to be something its not. That rear bodykit is pretty awful, and the wheels are not of the same vintage as the car, those are modern Bangle era wheels.

A standard looking 530d would be a far better idea.

I looked at that, looks a little tatty, and the badge needs removing but looks a good buy.

Perhaps a little over priced though?

Not sure what the insurance would be like on a 3litre 5 series, diesal or other wise.

thats bloody fantastic shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

how about a bora? smaller than the passat and the 1.8t comes with 180 bhp or 150bhp, or theres a choice of 1.9tdi's running up tp 150bhp probly on the most recent models, and its still a VW smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> just a thought........

Sorry not replied earlier, got some serious connection issues :cry:

Im getting bored with the silly insurance quotes Ive been getting, and Im struggling to find a car I enjoy driving more than the Polo so I think Im going to keep it another six months or so.

I took out a V6 156 out for the afternoon this week, took it back to the dealership after adding another fiver to the fuel tank.

In the afternoon I got less than 10MPG!

Ive also managed to hit 190 miles in the Polo and still have 1/4 of a tank left biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Best I have got was 24MPG on the first fill up after buying the car.

Since then Ive not got anymore than 20!

Realised the climate control being on the whole time wasnt helping!