Apple iPhone/Leopard (OS 10.5)

Joe

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My macbooks broken :(. It works fine when its plugged in, but when its not it keeps switching itself off without warning. Going to pop into a service centre when im home from uni in a week, im pretty gutted.

My macbooks broken :(. It works fine when its plugged in, but when its not it keeps switching itself off without warning. Going to pop into a service centre when im home from uni in a week, im pretty gutted.

sounds like a dead battery that isn't taking charge

Apple have today released a 16gig iPhone and 32Gig iPod Touch

Available immediately in the USA, not sure on a UK release yet though...

Edited by Joe

Its had 229 cycle counts so im not sure but i hope so, read up as from other peoples experience it might something to do with over heating.

I had this on mine, its a common problem, which can be solved by going to apple.com

I had this on mine, its a common problem, which can be solved by going to apple.com

What did you do then? ive already sorted the battery update from 1.3 to 1.2 (early macbooks downloaded the macbook pro update and shouldn't have).

Its had 229 cycle counts so im not sure but i hope so, read up as from other peoples experience it might something to do with over heating.

Is it like the ipod where you have to buy a new one just becuase of the battery? :lol:

I am seriously considering jailbreaking my iphone!!

Has anybody else on here done it?

I have the latest update on there at the mo...so would have to downgrade the firmware first.

I mainly want to be able to use the customize app.

Not sure whether its worth hacking it up.

I am seriously considering jailbreaking my iphone!!

Has anybody else on here done it?

I have the latest update on there at the mo...so would have to downgrade the firmware first.

I mainly want to be able to use the customize app.

Not sure whether its worth hacking it up.

Every1 i know with one says it has to be done, they got bored of the iPhone and say the apps make it!

I did in on the ipod touch I had...which was dead easy at the time..and made it proper fun.

Well I may go ahead. Working away tomorrow and friday so that'll be a weekend job!

I do have a legitimately activated one...so I shouldn't have anything to worry about!! :blink:

Oh, and while I'm being critical, have been reading some tests about the solid state equipped MacBook Air suggesting that it has a marginal effect on battery life, somewhere it should have shone over its HD based brother.

That is quite disappointing, I love the idea of SSD laptops, and while currently way too pricey if I had just joined the leading edge of notebook tech I'd want to feel like my £600+ was going somewhere practical.

I dont think the £330 price mark is too bad especially if you have a very wide taste in music and like to carry a lot around with you. The thing about the 8 gb one is that after say 2gb of other stuff, Your only left with 6gb for music, Although thats a lot of music to some people... I definately couldn't fit enough on it to not have to keep removing and adding different albums.

This applies mostly if your buying a phone which you also want to replace a larger size iPod.

Edited by nfbr

Oh indeed, I'd very much like the extra storage. With my collection encoded in 256kbps AAC 8 gig doesn't particular go very far, enough to carry around the bare bones of what I listen to most often and then one or two H264 encoded movies.

However, the tight storage doesn't bother me that much at this stage, the mail and internet functions eclipse that downside.

Snap, i've got the 8gb one and i mainly use it as a phone with the added benefit of having an ipod attached. I have a seperate ipod for car/walking and a shuffle for the gym. I just really like having email/internet access on the go, i find it especially good as i can't access any personal email or web stuff through our work computers as it's blocked. Even had the 16gb been available when i got mine i wouldn't have opted for it, imo it's just that little bit too far.

I'll make a geeks forum, but I'd also need to make one for "Ugly Women" and "Rep Mobiles" for you.

;)

know which one i'd rather read :bleh: second thoughts your skoda might make it into the rep mobile section :coffee::lol: