Apple iPhone/Leopard (OS 10.5)

Joe

Andy it's not time to be joking around, this situation is a serious as whether or not we should pop off Robert Mugabe - people are very concerned about the choices people are making.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they are a company that wants to make money :blink:

They also have a good team who have very good ideas, which are translated into great products.

If you don't understand why they made a phone thats also an iPod then you really must be on another planet tbh

in my opinion, once the hype dies down, apple will release a newer, better version for cheaper.

and you guys will be stuck with the original.

whilst yes it does look fantastic, over the 18 months its going to cost you at least £900+

im not too sure, i think it uses your own files without copying to its own database, but on a couple of computers my music has duplicated?

but im sure its my fault lol, so yeah it uses your files without copying.

there was no lecture in there about whether or not to buy one, but as is evident, its not as groundbreaking as it sounds. come feb its likely that there will be a newer edition, with a decent camera, probably more memory and just ironed out any problems.

apple and o2 are massive, similar companies. they know how to get the most money from people, so they hype up their product, you all buy it and they make a killing.

And no doubt nokia are doing the same,why is the iPhone launch apparently so different, tech companies constantly replace and update products, why is that such a problem? Hell apparently now this is a BAD thing? Actually I think I'm the opposite, I think its a good thing companies constantly innovate (which is of course driven by commercial sales), because boys and girls that's how you lot are chatting here now, that's how your phones have cameras and texting and all that other lvely stuff.

This iPhone is the first revision, and if you want to see a second then there has to be early adaptors, why is that such a problem? From phones to cars to education to health services, at some point in our lives we are in the position on being first.

On the £900 figure,are you lot telling me that everytime that you've taken out a mobile contract you sat down and added up the total life cost? I never have, and I'm willing to bet that all most bother looking at is the big brightly coloured sign saying FREE PHONE.

Anyway will do a nice balaclnced review over the next few days.

well i have an n95 and love it but i still have to get my hands on an iphone to have play and if apple do update it late next year i will deffo give it some thought . and i can see my next computer been a mac book to just to follow the sheep :blush::lol:

The way i look at it is buying a new TV.

Why would you go for a TV that does standard definition, No freeview, No text. Just the basic features.

Or you could have the TV that has HD picture, Twin freeview, Full text etc.

And the better one works out cheaper!

Im not saying that there is any phone out there that has all the latest technology but i would at least try and get one thats the most up to date.

Im not brand loyal (only on cars) so have an open mind on the subject. I understand why they have done it and not put any of the new technology on but its too little too late when there are superior phones out... :)

The way i look at it is buying a new TV.

Why would you go for a TV that does standard definition, No freeview, No text. Just the basic features.

Or you could have the TV that has HD picture, Twin freeview, Full text etc.

And the better one works out cheaper!

Im not saying that there is any phone out there that has all the latest technology but i would at least try and get one thats the most up to date.

Im not brand loyal (only on cars) so have an open mind on the subject. I understand why they have done it and not put any of the new technology on but its too little too late when there are superior phones out... :)

There really is no need for you questioning peoples choices...

If you arent interested in it, then don't post in here...

There's no point people trying to justify there reasons for buying an iPhone over a Nokia, Even if they did, You'd only argue your nokia is better...

Im not saying nokia is better. My brother had the N95 and yes it has all the options but they dont work very well. The iphone is alot nicer to look at.

Anyway, thats my say on it.

Im intrested in leopard though. Downloading now to see if it works on my super desktop and might get a copy...Hell i might even get a new macbook! :shades:

A girl Im working with at Uni qued (sp) for 5 hrs at the Bullring yesterday to get an Iphone, and she was chuffed to bits with it!

I didnt have a play with it, but she said its going to take some getting used to, but that overall it seemed brilliant. It may have been the novelty factor, it may not, but ill reserve judgement til ive had a go!

One thing I can say is the noise it make when you touch the screen is F-in annoying!!!

i find it pretty amusing that for years the guys who were anti microsoft because of the size of them went out and bought apple products.

How times have changed now apple have become the type of company that could cause such hatred.

Had a play with one tonight. Very clever, but i dont think i could live with it every day.

i find it pretty amusing that for years the guys who were anti microsoft because of the size of them went out and bought apple products.

I'm not so sure that people buy a mac solely on the purpose that they have a hatred for microsoft being such a big corporation...

How times have changed now apple have become the type of company that could cause such hatred.

Had a play with one tonight. Very clever, but i dont think i could live with it every day.

I'm not so sure that people buy a mac solely on the purpose that they have a hatred for microsoft being such a big corporation...

Indeed, far from it I'm actually quite an admirer of Microsoft, if you take any interest in the history of the development of the personal computer (as I am sad enough to do) then you can't help but find the MS story utterly compelling.

Of course, true mac fundamentalists regard Microsoft as being the number one enemy but those tend to be the ones who remember the dark old days of the early 90's and the domination of the Windows platform. To be honest I'd say the overwhelming majority of mac users really couldn't give a toss about MS, so long as they keep Office for the mac going.

If I had the time I'd write a decent review of the iPhone, but I really haven't. Will do later in the week.

Has anyone discovered "Alex", the new text-to-speech voice in Leopard?

I use this feature *a lot* to proof read documents - it really helps to shut your eyes and listen to "someone" read back what you've been working on. This new voice is really good - it still gets confused with the intonation of some words and with composites, but it's a marked improvement from what we had before. Just a shame he's got an American accent!

Deek.

This week, I've upgraded my Macbook from 1gb to 2gb ram, Just one of the small upgrades aspart of my x-mas prezzies I'm doing before installing Leopard.

Hopefully in a week or two i should have a 200gb 2.5" 7200rpm SATA hard drive for it so that i can eventually transfare all my music from my PC onto my macbook, and eventually do away with the PC :)

Can't wait to be rid of Microsoft Problems XP

Update:

Now upgraded to a 200gb Hard Drive, and Installed Leopard :)

an absolute dream to install, all my programs went back on with no problems, and everything is working perfectly :)

Upgrade complete - Super easy ! :D

Here is a nice little problem I don't seem to be able to solve. Used to download torrents all the time and if they ever were compressed Stuffit expander would make light work of them.

However, on this new mac Stuffit just refuses to do anything with .bin files, won't sort them out at all? Any ideas?

• 2 months later...

New iPhone tariffs have been released.

Existing customers will be receiving a text to tell them their account has been updated.

Details for new customers here

Details for existing customers here

Good news! :)

Edited by Joe

Wow!

£35 for 600 minutes and 1200 texts

Great news... oh hang on.

Get a 8GB N95 on o2 and what do you get?

£25 600 minutes and 1000 texts

£35 1200 Minutes and 1000 texts

hmmm I wonder why i costs more o2 to provide a signal to an iPhone than it does normally....

Who cares though, trying to talk the wife into getting one now her contract is up :lol: