Is it possible and would it be the first?

MattyA

Found a new 1.4 TSI engine at a breakers, with all the kit, would it be possible to transplant? and would it be the first TSI powered Lupo?

I guess there will be a few who say why bother when the 1.8t's are plentyful and more straight forward, but I like the idea of a turbo and supercharged Lupo!! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

do it if everything is there..............if not walk away,

Everything is there (I think!) ecu, loom, dials, keys and lock barrel.

I know less than nothing though, when it comes to transplants!?

I assumed that if it did have everything then it should be straightforward, well...!

Also not sure im rich enough!!

Edited by matt a

i agree but if something is missing who you gonna call......................................... twincharge busters laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

then call me and tell me where it is. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i agree but if something is missing who you gonna call......................................... twincharge busters laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

then call me and tell me where it is. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Gimie Gimie Gimie 2nds on that if its not complete or 2 expensive as i have everything minus the BLOCK

Its everything bar the DSG box, so dont know if that would cause a problem!?

The other problem is finding the £2250! sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Yeah nfbr is right, its a twin charger; turbo and supercharger, which produces 170bhp.

I believe VW are releasing a 1.0 TSI (90bhp) and 1.2 TSI version for the smaller cars in their range, which is somewhere around 100-110bhp and close to 50mpg.

Edited by matt a

bit of info from vw:

Some key facts about Volkswagens TSI engine include:

The engine features a mechanically-driven super-charger and an exhaust-driven-turbocharger along with the Volkswagen FSI® petrol direct injection technique provides an ideal basis for economical fuel consumption and high efficiency.

The result is the world's first direct-injection petrol engine with twin charging technology: the 1.4 TSI from Volkswagen.

As it is a petrol engine it is quieter and has a wider rev range than a diesel engine, but has comparable fuel economy

Maximum power of 168 bhp at 6000 RPM

Maximum torque of 177 lbs ft (240 Nm) between 1750 and 4500 RPM.

This figure is equivalent to the potential of a naturally aspirated engine with a displacement of around 2.3 litres. By comparison, the fuel consumption of the 1.4 TSI is nevertheless around 20 percent lower.

The impressively high torque across a broad range of engine speeds permits a relaxing driving style with minimal gear-changing work

sounds good, get it done smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> would cost a fair amount to get done if you were thinking of getting a company to install it though id imagine sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

wayne

The engine is also in the Touran isn't it?

What was it Clarkson said of the Golf GT? He claims he had to change down going downhill! I know the guy is prone to exageration, but he does qualify himself by saying he loves the GTi.

I'm not convinced it's a worthwhile swap given the costs involved. I don't know if the TSI block will mate to a Lupo manual or if the DSG engine management can be remapped for that either.

If you go with it, the Best of British to you. Keep us posted.

you will need the ecu too, the tsi motor uses FSI injection system which will cause you major headaches without the oe ecu....

also i doubt very much you'd fit this engine in a lupo, i've seen one of these, and small they aint

Edited by Teflon