Cardaft is back .....

cardaft

Nice and clean. :shades:

DSC02885.jpg

You nearly had me there. I was thinking of a response when I saw the next photo and caption.

...although 15" arosa sport alloys are really tempting me at the moment. Would play havoc with the ride height though ;)

As long as you stick to standard tyre sizes you'll be OK. I think they'd suit your car perfect, though to be honest the 14s on your car are the best I've seen them looking.

R

• 4 months later...

Just read there that the tdi has cruise control? Quality, what speed do you have to be doing for it to come on. Really like your Arosas btw, makes me wish mine was black, although the platnum grey (i think) is cracking aswell

Edited by Paul R

Just read there that the tdi has cruise control? Quality, what speed do you have to be doing for it to come on. Really like your Arosas btw, makes me wish mine was black, although the platnum grey (i think) is cracking aswell

Ideedy! Its not too hard to fit really (especially when I had lots of help from a good mate!). It only works on the TDi though, well as far as im aware.

It works above 20mph, ive never actually tried how low it does work, but it does work at 20.

Its such a bonus on motorway/dual carrigeways, and also in town, although i dont use it much in town, just on long borning roads, but it actually increases town economy too! On motoways i just set it to 70/80, its a great feature to have. :)

Pic: (oh ignore the gaps above my heater controls, i still need to sort that)

P1010680.jpg

No, i dont have two rear windows ;) the button on the right (the lupo one) has had its latching thing removed so its now just a push button. So for now im using that as my 'set' button until i get a proper cruise stalk. Although i dont mind having just the button, for now.

So yeah, press that and it sets, and to stop the cruise, just tap the clutch lightly (without actually operating the clutch) or tap the brake and it will turn off the cruise. I think this is the main reason only TDIs can have it, as they already have a switch on the clutch pedal, others dont, i dont think. Will check my 1.0.

Thanks for the comments :) The black can look real nice when its clean.

But when it isnt it shows the dirt so much, my 1.0S always looks clean, my TDI vary rarely does! Just shows up the dirt so much. I do like plat grey though, its quite an unusual colour too. Have you got any pics of yours up? Ive way too many on here of mine, but for good measure, here are a few more! Recent ones ;)

P1010234-1.jpg

P1010499.jpg

P1010539.jpg

P1010572.jpg

What can i say, i like pictures :D

Edited by cardaft

Yeah man, I was skeptical about it but then I thought damn it and bought the gear to do it with and it was top. The paint feels so smooth afterwards. Does take time to do but well worth it imo, was amazing how much shite the clay picked up. Its weird cause you don't notice the grime in your paint but once you've clayed it you can see the difference.

Tidy looking arosa that! B) You could do with drying out your rear light though.

I think there is a pic of my mats on page two, although ill post a better one if you like.

I replaced my gearstick with a lupo sport one, it feels and looks much better. Also mudflaps are a good choice, they do tidy it up nicely, imo.

Maybe a polo rear wiper?

And i think, that would make it look like mine :lol: As ive got those things ;)

I replaced my gearstick with a lupo sport one, it feels and looks much better. Also mudflaps are a good choice, they do tidy it up nicely, imo.

Maybe a polo rear wiper?

And i think, that would make it look like mine :lol: As ive got those things ;)

Well i'm thinking about getting the likes of the mats, mudflaps and gearstick within the year, as i'm hoping it would just tidy it up a bit for when i sell it on in a year or so. How easy is it to replace the gearstick?

Also out of curiosity, what car do you use more and what determines when you use it. Obv the tdi for long journeys but other than that does it depend on which ones in front of which in the drive :lol:

• Like 1

Well i'm thinking about getting the likes of the mats, mudflaps and gearstick within the year, as i'm hoping it would just tidy it up a bit for when i sell it on in a year or so. How easy is it to replace the gearstick?

Also out of curiosity, what car do you use more and what determines when you use it. Obv the tdi for long journeys but other than that does it depend on which ones in front of which in the drive :lol:

Its real easy, just lift up the gaiter (its clipped in at the bottom) open up the brass clip you will find under the gaiter and pull!

I wish it was like that, but its not!

I can't justify insuring them both, so the TDi is the one on my policy. My 1.0 is on my parents company policy (so its still in my name), luckily my mum doesnt have her own car at the moment, so she has been using my 1.0S for quite a while. She only does very small milage though, so it just keeps it ticking over nicely. If my mum didnt use it, then i couldn't see the need to keep it, and i really dont want to sell it!

I live with my parents, so i look after it still etc. It still looks the same as when i got it (when it was 18months old), like new, i am more protective over that than my TDI, plus ive had it a lot longer! I still get to use it for a few weeks every so often when i add it onto my policy, its a lot more fun to drive round town than the TDI!

Infact, my insurance renewal is due real soon, so ive been considering insuring that for a while and then swapping back to my TDi after a couple of months. To get a bit of use from the 1.0.

I like the 1.0 better as a car, i prefer the colour, it has a bit better spec as my TDi is an early with no pass airbag and the light interior. Where as my 1.0S has the airbag and dark interior and also a cd player as standard. Although i do have a double din CD in my TDI.

:)

I like the 1.0 better as a car, i prefer the colour, it has a bit better spec as my TDi is an early with no pass airbag and the light interior. Where as my 1.0S has the airbag and dark interior and also a cd player as standard. Although i do have a double din CD in my TDI.

I really like the black to the silver, though your right, the black interior is really nice. You keep them both in really good nic, it shows :shades:

• 7 months later...

Well i thought id add this pic:

P1030153.jpg

It took me a while, but i eventually got the crusie stalk for it, works just as it should.

The bigger news is, ive sold it :(

A quick picture from a few minutes ago:

P1030166.jpg

I had been thinking for a fair few months that i would like a change, ive lost interest, hence ive hardly been on here! I want something bigger, possibly french! Ive a few cars in mind to what ill get next, but i have not decided. So ill not say what im getting yet, as i dont know ;) Plus i doubt it will be a VAG, so no one here will be interested :lol:

The L9 MPG reg will be coming off and going on my next car, so the Arosa wont look like mine anymore. I think it knows im selling it, wile we were out on the test drive one of the headlight bulbs went, they are a bu*ger to change too! Poor little car :(

Ill still be coming on here from time to time, i will still have the 1.0S and will for a while yet, thats what im using until i get my next car, its great, even after driving the TDi, i love it :wub:

P1030158.jpg

I almost dont need to black my number plate in that shot!

Chris.

Well its gone :(

I was sad to see it go but im glad its gone. My next car is French, big and sensible :ninja:

Im getting a 52reg Citroen C5 2.0HDi SX. I was looking at getting a newer one, but this one came up for sale - I know the owner, who has had it from almost new, its had everything its ever needed, in mint condition and i got it for a very very good price that i just couldnt turn down. Which does leave a lot of my budget free, so far in savings but i may well get something fun to run along side this. Although in 6 months - year i might swap it for a C4, depends how much i like the C5 when i start to live with it - its massive compared to my Arosa, but i love driving big cars, it has loads of kit, masses of space and it really appeals to me.

Ive always been a Citroen lover, as some of you know, ive been brought up on them so i guess thats a big reason. We still have a few and as of Thursday ill have my own as well :D

r44my_k: Im sure yours will sell no problem, they are the cars a lot of people want at the moment. Mind they always sell quite well anyway.

northwick: Thanks for that, ill still be around on here from time to time, i still have my 1.0 so i may even be at some events.

Steve TDI: Its a shame you didnt get it Steve, it would have been nice to keep an eye on it with your threads on here! Still, it seems to have gone to a very good home.

Clairey Fairy: Ah, we all have to move on, it would have been nice to keep it a while longer, but i had totally lost interest in it. So a change was needed!

Edited by cardaft

I didnt think anyone would be even slightly interested :lol: I know its not everyones cup of tea, but it is mine :rolleyes:

But i will get a couple up, although it will have to be at the weekend, as i dont get it until thursday.

Still running around in the 1.0 Arosa, which is doing it some good! :D

Edited by cardaft