Cardaft is back .....

cardaft

• 2 weeks later...
lol, ive got the same mats in my 1.0 which have been in from new and they havent worn too badly, and there a lighter colour than those, just didnt want a cheap halfords set P1010546.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Thats the worst thing about the car, needs sorting i like things to be right smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Its going in for a cam belt, tensioners, brake check and an oil & filter change next week, so i know everything is right with it wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Ive done 1,000 miles in just under three weeks and its going great. I seem to save about £10 - £15 per week on fuel, its much more refined for the mileage im doing, and i like the power it has over the 1.0 as well.

Chris

Edited by cardaft

• 3 months later...

Well it was an ok day so i washed the arosas and thought id share some pics.

Not much has changed apart from ive had all the dents and scrapes fixed on my TDi, not an very interesting update but nevermind, heres some pics:

P1010402-1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

P1010365.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

P1010384.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

P1010365-1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

P1010396.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

P1010383.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

P1010394.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Fixed door P1010386.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Some slightly more interesting shots:

DSC00737.jpg

DSC00778.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00758.jpg

Chris

Edited by cardaft

Why have you blurred your plates out mate? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> Car looks nice.

Some people's insurance are funny about having identifyable pictures online or in magasines. I had to blur all the plates out in my pics last year. But with my new insurer their not too bothered.

Why have you blurred your plates out mate? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> Car looks nice.

Im sure i read on here that the plates should be covered, as people can find a lot out from plates carnt they, home address etc, so just to be on the safe side.

Cheers for your comment smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Chris

I took it to a bodyshop, we have used the same bodyshop for years and he is a perfectionist so you carnt even tell its been painted, really happy with it biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> . So he took the door cards off and beat the dents out to use minimal filler, and it also got a good polishing as it had quite a few swirl marks which have all gone now smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Chris

Excellent, i like it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Thanks biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

My next job for it is to get the n/s front wheel refurbed as im planning on keeping it standard and thats the only rim thats letting the car down as the rim is curbed.

So ill get that dont in the next few weeks smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Chris

hmm nice, i wanna TDI...

Lupo though LOL (the real one) laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Real one? The Arosa was out first wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Thanks but ideally wanting a cheaper one,smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

If your looking for a cheaper lupo id say buy a Arosa, id have had to pay probably £2,000 more for a lupo the same age/spec/mileage as mine (not that i settled for second best i always wanted an Arosa), and you know you want a SEAT really cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

id rather have the diesel sport over the petrol.

Hoping the torque makes it more willing around the doors? The sport feels flat.

Ive never driven a sport but i think the power cuts in quite late in the rev range doesnt it, and the TDi cuts in early and there is sooo much torque from the diesel, great engines.

Chris

Edited by cardaft

lookin good biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Nice to see them both clean next to each other. Ive just noticed what the old numperplates were like, the new ones smarten up the car quite a lot shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

lookin good biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Cheers biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Nice to see them both clean next to each other. Ive just noticed what the old numperplates were like, the new ones smarten up the car quite a lot shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Yeah its about the first time they have been clean together laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> , mine is usually filthy wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> .

Oh yeah my new plates, got the done at the classic motor show, they do look quite a bit better, the old ones were pealing, i should have got some for the silver SEAT as well.

Chris

My next job for it is to get the n/s front wheel refurbed as im planning on keeping it standard and thats the only rim thats letting the car down as the rim is curbed.

Both looking very clean and nice.

Why don't you swap the best wheel from the silver one, changing tyre of course!

R

Both looking very clean and nice.

Why don't you swap the best wheel from the silver one, changing tyre of course!

R

Thanks P1010268.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

P1010269.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Looks a bit worse than it is in the pics, its actually scuffed right round, and is corroding near the valve

Chris

Edited by cardaft