Picture of the day

ArosaMike

Oldham's war memorial and parish church, again from the Trip 35. I'm loving the return to film.

51340012-1.jpg

Long, long way down

That's the first time I've seen a picture from there that shows how high the cliffs are. The turquoise and white are stunning. Nice one!

Edited by IDGM

^but you need a higher res scan. I went looking for my Trip after you bought that one, but can't find it. I bought it new in about 1980 (did I already say that? :( )

That's a slightly cropped scan from the Kodak CD done in Costco of my Poundland film. These are jpegs at 3000x2000 uploaded to Photobucket. There is noticable blocking around the soldiers helmet viewed on here that isn't on the CD image. I can zoom in pretty close before it goes to pot.

I did try scanning the negatives on the first roll. No idea what I was supposed to do for best results, but ended up with TIF files at 70Mb a pop with 4500x3000ish resolution. It took forever to do too. One hour processing for negs and CD for less than £3 was tempting, purely on a time factor basis!

I don't think you mentioned digging your Trip out, good luck on finding it. I'm still struggling with a total lack of the assistance you get with a digital camera. Too close, too dark, too bright. I suppose learning is all part of the fun.