Lupo 1.8T Advice Needed...

englebert

we have just rebuilt the venom lupo as a mate of mine bought it an 2 days lata it melted a piston!! yes its quick but u cant drive it quick as it doesnt stop or handle!!!!!! and it runs way to hot!! but he bought it to the right place to be sorted!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as it doesnt stop

yeah that tends to happen with 1litre brakes with uprated pads and discs wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

yep he bought it to midland vw!! not the brightest thing ive seen with the brakes but got new hubs for it so will be running 280s soon!! the car has been built to show and not to be driven!!

so how you going to make it handel better

so how you going to make it handel better

Need it to stop first!! its way to low an the camber an tracking are miles out to start with!! but it will be a much better car once we have finished with it!! It needs to be as the lad who has bought it is mental in a car!

• 2 years later...
whats the point of more than 200bhp in a lupo? it would be rubbish. unless you did a rwd conversion. now that would be very nice indeed.

I'm afraid I'd have to disagree with that statement, but hey ho thats just my point of view :)

I thought JBS where quite expensive as when I got a quote it was £7500 plus the vat and I think that was using a 150bhp engine? and that was without any extras such as polishing, samcos, dumpvalve, smoothing, etc.

It is well worth you giving PSI Tuning a ring if i was you, they did mine THIS is the link to my project thread if you wanna have a look.

Sam.

Just wondering how much times have changed.

How much has it been to do, or prices quoted?

ive been quoted £4500 recently and thats to supply and fit the engine, im just in the process now of buying bits and bobs i.e uprated intercooler, recirc valve and the likes ready for when i have it done to keep the final cost down, hoping to have it done for next year

i reckon the new vw 1.4 superturbo would be a good engine to put in the lupo. nice and light weight it should be. and with enough power that a fwd car could cope with.

I thought that also but when asking my mechanic friend he said there would be big issues with the fueling system as you would have to use FSI and to the best of my knowledge they didnt make FSI lupos in the UK but i may be wrong. Would be nice though.

Just wondering how much times have changed.

How much has it been to do, or prices quoted?

A year ago I was quoted 5k, including new brakes and a roll cage, drive in, drive out.

This is running original VAG management on original clocks I believe.

Pop in and see them and you'll get a much better idea.

Andy is a perfectionist and will tell you straight the costs.

He's just done Vento_Gareth's engine bay... and OMG... work of art...