Philplop's Red GTI - SOLD!

Philplop

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to find out where my rear tyres were scrubbing today because I thought it was on the bumper mount.

It's everywhere.

Jacked the car up, removed the lower shock bolt and took the springs out, then lowered it back down to see where touches first.

Tried a few different wheels on while I was at it.

SNC00106.jpg

SNC00114.jpg

SNC00115.jpg

Wound the front all the way down the remaining 35 threads on the coilovers, which was about 3". Which gave this.

SNC00117.jpg

Sorely disappointed, I thought the bumper would be on the floor! Shows that coilover level isn't equal with the actual level. :(

Put the Mono's on with it all the way down.

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

Took it for a short drive to check the new height on speedbumps, which proved to be not much trouble.

This, however, did:

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

Constant (and very loud) driveshaft scrubbing.

The shape of things to come, perhaps?

Edited by Philplop

Mint, your drive shaft looks just like mine....we are like drive shaft brothers..... :lol::lol:

Cars looking as good as ever Phil :wub:

:wub:

The suspension was absolutely rock hard. Miles harder than before, and it was pretty hard then! Think it's because there was no movement because of the driveshaft.

Dunno if you can make it out in the picture but the top of it is covered in metal shavings after driving down the road and back. Screeeeeeeeeechhh!

Why don't you just cut an arch in the chassis above the driveshafts like other people? That way you can keep its ass on the floor!

you make it sound so simple..

but seriously Phil I think chassis modding is a must :shades: , looks too nice :wub:

Aye, it is. Thought it'd be much lower with them all the way down.

Sometimes I wonder why I bothered doing all these other wheels when everybody just likes the Mono's that were my first set! Could have saved myself some money! :lol:

aye, if you had stoped messing around with wheels you would have had a notched leg by now :coffee:

haha seriously though, i think all the wheels you've got look pretty much spot on ...but its always nice to see the monos :shades: