LunaLupi's Red Midget

lunalupi

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I call it Rally style paintwork tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Well, having just fitted the new suspension it is a bit lower (finding out how much as soon as I find a standard one to measure). No plans to lower him anymore for a while though.

I call it Rally style paintwork tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Well, having just fitted the new suspension it is a bit lower (finding out how much as soon as I find a standard one to measure). No plans to lower him anymore for a while though.

sorry didnt actually read it just looked at the pictures looking good still biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

nic ur missing out btw on not going any lower , wheres the fun in actually being able to get over speedbumps laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You should defo lower it another 40mm or so IMO. It won't be any less practical. I can still go 5 up in mine at the height it is now and not have any scrubbage or problems with speedbumps etc. It'll make a massive difference to the look of the car too.

You should defo lower it another 40mm or so IMO. It won't be any less practical. I can still go 5 up in mine at the height it is now and not have any scrubbage or problems with speedbumps etc. It'll make a massive difference to the look of the car too.

5 up in a lupo there 2+2 rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Thing is, they're GTI shocks and springs, so lowering would either require chopping (no) or getting new stuff yet again.

It's just as low as my GTI (standard) when they're parked next to each other, so it's certainly lower than it was.

Edited by bossjohnc

Exactly!!

Remember he's only got 13" steelies on so there's still loks of room in the arches.

Are you planning to put alloys on it? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

5 up in a lupo there 2+2 rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I've had 6 people in a Lupo before ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

I'm either going to put some Aorsa sport alloys on him, or get some wider steelies off one of the facelifted versions. Keeping him looking as apparently stock as possible for a while biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I'm either going to put some Aorsa sport alloys on him, or get some wider steelies off one of the facelifted versions. Keeping him looking as apparently stock as possible for a while biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

With lexus lights? laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Steel wheels can look shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> on low profile tyers and lowered smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 4 months later...

My new wheels (bought from Frankie) are on Picture39.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Picture36.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Picture37.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

And the slight size difference between old and new.......

Picture33.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

No, he's staying like that - I have killer speed bumps at home and at uni, ad also potholes everywhere....don't want to keep grounding out. Although once i have the money, I may lower by a little bit, maybe 30-45mm.... wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I'm not sure about the old wheels - I was planning on just keeping them as spares in case of emergencies, I can stick them in the loft or in my dads garage..... why?

Love the new wheels biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />, i was thiking of getting those for mine when i thought about white wheels but not too sure it'l go with blue...looks MUCH better on a red car like yours though smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Hehe, cheers Sleeky. Right now that is actually the plan...I'm aiming for a rally look! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> (means i can get away with leaving him muddy sometimes, just adds to the look tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> )

Cozboz, I think your blue one would look great on some dark wheels, if you weren't going to go for usual silvery ones wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />