LunaLupi's Red Midget

lunalupi

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MOMO, mmmmmmmmm nice biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I love white wheels on red cars (Jen's), and black / anthracite wheels on a silver car (can't think of anyone off the top of my head, pretty shocking actually)

Slam it and we've got another wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> from me. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Wheels make a huge difference but you need to lower it just a tad IMO.

Not slammed to the ground or anything but enough to fill the arches better. What size of wheels are they?

They're 15s, and yes are a huge improvement on the black steels tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> I've kinda spent my entire years budget for mods in a few months though, so havnt got enough for lowering right now blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> He's staying like that for a while until I can earn more money (BTW those pics were taken just after jacking, so he's settled down a touch lower now after being driven)

Like i said earlier, I'd probably only lower him by 30-40mm, it doesn't need much to put the wheels nicely in the arches (in fact a few friends and some shopping did the job quite well wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> )

I'm the same, I want to lower it but all the streets around my flat are either covered in speed bumps or old cobbled roads so the lowering when/if it happens will only be about 20mm. Just enough to make a difference I hope.

Given up on your black diesel then?

Yeah smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> As soon as I got the GTI suspension on I decided to stick with this little guy. Its too much effort to change over now, and the 1.0 may not be fast but it gets me from a-b (via c sometimes if the route means twisty roads tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> )

No, he's staying like that - I have killer speed bumps at home and at uni, ad also potholes everywhere....don't want to keep grounding out.

Pussy...

lol...

Excuses excuses... Should see the speed humps i have to drive over on the way to work.

I'm not wimping out - if I had the money i'd lower him - as it is it'll probably have to wait till next year tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Also, while I had the wheels off......I noticed some rubber marks up my arch liners.....which means I must have bottomed out on 13" steels at one point blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• 3 months later...
Ooo, someone merged my threads - cheers taster.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Sweeeeeeeet! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I'll get a couple of better pics up once his tracking is fixed, and more imortantly he is CLEAN blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Got a bit of a dragster thing going on at the mo - front is low as you can see, the back is a bit high so gonna have to be dropped a bit more laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I have no idea - it needs to go up a little actually....

As you can see from this (very bad) picture I just uploaded, the ride height is a little out of balance Picture67.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Also found out there is only ONE place near me who can do my alignment - and they are booked up until Wednesday.....driving very carefully till then!

Either you've got some very steep hills round your way or you've tried an 'arty farty' shot! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> TBH it doesn't look out of balance at all, it got a slight euro style poise with it being lower at the front.

How long did it take you to fit the shocks & springs?

Its a bit more of a difference than shows up - but a friend has a tolley jack so we are gonna get it nicely set up tonight, now its had a chance to settle.

Also found another place who think they could do the alignment if i raise the fronts 10mm or so *phew*

Took us about 2 hours to fit them, and then we fiddled with the height for another hour laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Didn't help that neither of us had fitted coilies before! So one side took ages, the other went straight on....

It wasn't ment to be arty farty, but i was crouched in the middle of the road and didn't want to be there for too long

Anyhow, here is a quick teaser pic of what I have been doing today taster.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

So you definately didnt clean the wheels up then smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 1 month later...

Right, as I was at a show last weekend and someone got some pics of the midget, I thought I would do a quick update for you all CarMidget.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Midget.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Hope you all still like!

Midget.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

I only glanced this quickly & thought you'd run someone over! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />