LunaLupi's Red Midget

lunalupi

i've still yet to see a side shot of yours with the wheels and the ride height as i was FAR to hungover at E38 to even think about looking at cars ...

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, new exhaust! Twins.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Twins2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Leftpipe.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

And the diddy space for an upsidedown backbox:

Mahoosivebackbox.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Its not too loud, got a bit of a growl to it, but a nice rasp towards the end....

(edit: Looking at that third pic, I've only just realised how low the backbox hangs - I shall have to avoid all local wildlife in the future!)

Edited by lunalupi

Looking very good thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" /> They suit Awsey well shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Just be careful of the badgers! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

looks good nic nice tailpipes and only one like it i have seen on here:) but i personally would have like them tucked up a bit more and the yellow marker pen removed after they had finnished angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> only thing that concerns me is in the 3rd pic the welding looks a bit blobby blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> which for the price youve most likely payed isnt very good but it may just be the darkness of the pic?

wayne

They're tucked up as far as they can go aparently - I wanted them higher but was told theres not space because of how everything fits in.

I'm not an expert on welding so I couldn't tell you. But that tailpipe was the one that had to be removed and swapped, so maybe thats made the welding a bit messy?

They're tucked up as far as they can go aparently - I wanted them higher but was told theres not space because of how everything fits in.

I'm not an expert on welding so I couldn't tell you. But that tailpipe was the one that had to be removed and swapped, so maybe thats made the welding a bit messy?

they always say we can do anything you want yet when it comes to it they cant put it how you want rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> it could be the reason the weldings messy but to be fair that isnt your problem they SHOULD do whatevers needed to make it perfect but ill leave it there smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Do love it though keep looking at the pics and it is quite subtle wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> so whats next then?

wayne

Aaaand we have to go back......

Its come loose around the cat, so I've got to get on the phone to them and take him in for some fixing mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I do still like it, but so much trouble

Edited by lunalupi

Its come loose around the cat, so I've got to get on the phone to them and take him in for some fixing mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Definately a powerflow then..

That really doesn't help you know Al........

I've had half the people say 'Oh powerflow, should be good' - the other half saying 'Oh no, powerflow, why did you get that'

It doesn't help, it needed doing, and its on now! So I just need to get it fixed mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

To an extent Al you are correct but it is possible to do with a small box by using a small Y piece on box entry also by doing this it would be able to sit higher but each exhaust place does it differently some more skilled than others etc

and lunalupi were not just taking the pi$ out of your exhaust for fun its just we dont want you having a sub standard system when youve clearly paid good money for it sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> hope you can get it all fixed properly soon smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

wayne

small Y piece on box entry

You couldn't fit a small box on the other side tho... theirs simply no room...

Hi,

just read the full thread.

You have certainly improved the little beasty.

hope your exhaust issue gets sorted.

Taz

Nicola says: thank you for making a positive post smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Looking good Nic smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I must admit I never thought twin pipes like that would suit an Arosa/Lupo but that looks spot on! Out of interest what pipes are you going back to have fitted?

On a seperate note, lots of people have had powerflow sytems on their cars so your always going to get some people which say they're crap. Its a business fact (cant believe Im quoting this) that a customer with a good customer experience will (on average) tell 3 people of their experience, who then in turn go on to tell 3 people... etc etc. If someone has a bad experience they will tell 10 people, who then tell 10....etc etc yada yada yada. This inherently means that more people more likely to have heard bad things than good & even though it will be a minority of people who've had a bad experience, & an even smaller number who will have had any actual dealings with the company.

Moving on........

The welds on the pipes are patchy because they're swapping them over, the new pipes will have a much better finish on. Could you imagine spending a load of time on welding something on only to realise you were only going to grind it all back off in a weeks time?! I would have just fitted universal tailpipes with clamps in the meantime, but then I can be a real lazy SOB at times! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

The correct pipes are already pictured... the pictures shown werent taken until after they were swapped over...

I would have just fitted universal tailpipes with clamps

Pah' Who needs tailpipes!

The correct pipes are already pictured... the pictures shown werent taken until after they were swapped over...

Ah ok, that'll teach me to read things properly. I spose as long as the system doesn't blow & its got its warranty who cares what the finishing looks like? I know Im not the kind of person who gets on their hands & knees to look under a car to check someones exhaust & I dont think most others are either laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Well, the popping/rattling/vibrating/two-pot chainsaw noise is still a mystery huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Its lovely and quiet up to about 40mph, but if i keep it in 4th it starts doing it, and if i change up to 5th it does it when i reach about 50-55...... Then if I grit my teeth and keep going, it gets louder and louder and louder (I'm wincing by this point sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> ) Then it goes quiet again and I'm sitting at 70mph with a low growling.

Then I come to slow down - 70 (quiet), 65 (quiet), 60 (its starting to rattle), 55 (aaahhhhh soooo loud it sounds awful my car is dying I hate it I hate it I hate it), 45mph (all quiet again) blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

They suggested just driving it for a few weeks, let it bed in and get a coating of carbon/soot inside the pipes and backbox, see if that quietens it down a bit. If its still there after that, then they'll add a middle box to slow all the gasses down and see if that helps (hooray, back pressure again!).

And If *that* doesn't fix it, its time to strip it all off, check everything, and refit

*sigh* sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Edited by lunalupi

since I had to replace mine when I got the car, mines a little like your's nic - its very loud middle range but mine stays loud when at 70/80 ish.

However, mine was a cheapo back box and middle section just to get the old rusting one off lol!

New one to come next year...

Liking those twin pipes though, quite subtle. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

could be a resonance in the exhaust. mine does it around 3500rpm then goes, it's very faint but when I upgraded my decat pipe to 2" to match the rest of the exhaust it made it much worse almost sounded like the exhaust was going to fall off. so I stuck the smaller 1 3/4" pipe back on.

Edited by Petrified

Its not always at the same speed - as you can't make it do it at idle, you need to be driving along.

But when moving, it sometimes wont come in until 60mph(5th), but then other times it'll be going at 30mph(3rd). But it mostly does it in 4th and 5th at around 50-60mph....

It also squeaks just before it starts making the noise.....and will squeak over bumps if I get a whole lot of them (like speed strips to slow you down)

I've been under the car wiggling the exhaust. I've rocked the whole car to check it wasn't the suspension or something. I've bounced it too.... Not a sausage. I drive off, get up some speed - putputupuutupuptutrrrrrrrrraaattatatatatatatatata sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Cheers! I do like them, not *too* brash, but enough to make people take a second look wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />