Sold my Gti - UPDATE 26/08/06 NEW SHOE'S PICS

oldirtybastard

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Gti T and everone else.

Academic, 40mm is a good drop, but id go 50-60mm with standard wheels as arch doesnt catch rubber at all that way.. Reason mines rub front is the wheels are 7"x15" but a whopping low et13.

By catching i mean, rubber to arch, i mite have the fronts rolled to suit.. I'm confused as what to do,

Options:-

1. Raise front a touch (maybe 5mm)

2. Stiffen suspension (unsure whether this will do the trick)

3. Roll front arch inners.

Hmmm. Im quite against chopping cars about tho.

Taz

Its looking very good. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Personally I like the idea of raising the front a teeny bit, can't remember who said it but so it has a constant gap around the wheel.

didnt realise you had only just put them on before vw festival.

looked awsome was loving it. but one min it was there the next it was gone laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Awesome. Love the wheels and the colour and the stance...

S!

Cheers mate.

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Ed38 Taz?

For sure, you coming Al, will be good to see you there.

looked good at festival mate... thought u had ronals on at first

Yep, unusual wheels, BBS one piece forged rims, Offset ET13, Only ones i know of in UK for now, Lol.

30mm all round is suppose to be the best for handling!

Only problem is if you lower it only 30mm is it wont look like its lowered at all, if the car had a 20vt conversion or other really fast engine conversion it'd be higher for def.

Looking at the original height pic on gravel, it looks blooming high! Is it on a slope or something??

Original pics from previous owner but im sure its flat ground, sometimes pics are real bad. Offroader.

Its looking very good. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Personally I like the idea of raising the front a teeny bit, can't remember who said it but so it has a constant gap around the wheel.

I've been thinking about this myself, but im quite like rake stance for now, maybe when the rubbing starts to annoy eh??

didnt realise you had only just put them on before vw festival.

looked awsome was loving it. but one min it was there the next it was gone laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Yeah, sorry everyone that was there, intentions were to chat to you all, but with my mrs and baby daughter there we had to come late and go early which was a shame, guess what they are not coming to Ed 38 with me biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Lol.

WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS--

To think just the weekend before i had considered packing it up and almost sold it due to not being able to find the bolts i needed to put my BBS on, yeah i know cop out...Glad the guy didnt get back to me.. Lol.

Car isnt perfect by all means, so front and rear bumper will get respray as people at carparks dont know how to drive. and also roof spoiler, dont know when just as and when money allows.

The wheels need centres doing (repainting) to make 100% perfect, will be having a go myself.

Interior mods. Cant be asked modifying the engine as you'd struggle to get any more than 200bhp without a lot of cost. If i do it will be a conversion. Don't know which one tho.

thanks all for your comments. Im quite shocked.

Taz

Those BBS look like BM 5 series ones from the E46, nice rims and liking the stance to.

Hi Ramirez, which ones are you referring to?? are they 16" ones.

UPDATE:

Front suspension height increased by a full 1cm, i wasnt happy to do this but im quite happy with the result and there is only rubbing when driving really fast around roundabouts which i sometimes like to do so i will still evntually get arches pulled back.

Pics soon.

Taz

For sure, you coming Al, will be good to see you there.

Am i going?? !!! I'm 50% of club lupos "Ed38 Organising Team" biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for your nice comments, any suggestions/improvements also welcome please..

This is my first time ive cleaned and polished the car since i bought it, lazy me..

Ive temporarily raised front by 10mm until i get front arches done, been real busy so not had chance.

New pics i took after Edition 38 06.

What you all think..

ed382006177.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

ed382006186.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

ed382006184.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

ed382006188.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

ed382006193.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

ed382006196.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

ed382006199.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

ed382006201.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

ed382006203.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

ed382006205.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Taz

as gav has said it looks class, in my oppinion lower the rear more and change the rear clusters , get rid of the unnecesary badges and it will look pretty damn good :cool:

wayne

Thanks all,

Exactly what ive been thinking, Ive considered cambridge rear lights and was gonna buy some from a chap at ed 38 but i totally forgot to call him as i was having to much fun, along with the shortened ariel i wanted to buy of someone.

Rear height will defo get dropped, im going to local bodyshop today to ask about front arches being rolled back so i can drop both front and back a tad.

Badges, Hmmm, im unsure whether i would want to take them off... mite have to check other debadged rears to see if i like. Pics please maybe.. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Thanks again

Taz

• 1 month later...

Car was sold 2 weeks ago, new owner took it away today,

The new owner is a VW nut like me and has started using this site so they may introduce themselves.

Come on MK1 20vt conversion. I'll post my mk1 golf up soon as i start.

Taz