My GTI

Rob GTI

Thanks for the comments everyone!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I had the plates on for a good few months and never had any problems with the police, however, when i was in Germany the Nurburgring officials weren't so impressed and i had to change them over or they wouldn't let me go out on the ring. In my hast i bent the front one because it was stuck on rather than using a mounting plate!!

Wander why they had a problem with them? Patriotic German pissed that you were impersonating an autobahn roller?? Strange

Fabulous, best GTi (other than mine of course wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />) on the forum. Everything working fine with the MCD and ICE Link now then?

Nice to see the cradle mounted in a different place, I think mine needs a tightening up as its bumping up and road on these crappy roads.

Matty, the climatronic came with the car, as did the BBS wheels! (which I'm almost certain are uniquely available on the German GTI as an option) I can't quite understand it myself - I've had this conversation with Rob too.

Ty also has climatronic - which is also a mystery.

The only thing I can think of is that they were bought via a european import deal of some kind...?

Edited by bossjohnc

You already know what I think biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Me 3 ... Nice one Rob good to hear the rim's have been done .Where did you get em done ?

Me 3 ... Nice one Rob good to hear the rim's have been done .Where did you get em done ?

I got them done by a guy i know through a friend who works at a dealership in Lincoln. I got them done fairly cheply, but if you look very very carefully you can tell.

Yep Andy, i got it all working, i was being a bit stupid!! blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

@ Matty B, the Climatronic was discussed in length when i first joined the forum, and no one ever came to a conclusion.

Ty got his from new (if i remember correrly from a VW dealer in the UK so I wouldn't have thought it was an import by anyone other than VW.

It will remain a mystery!!

Rob

Going off the Climatronic and the wheels, I'd say JAP SPEC lup gti smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

saw a silver and a black one of these when i was in Kyoto, Same wheels, and both with Climatron

Nope, as climatronic cars have temp sensors in different places and also have motors that control the way the air flows. So retro fitting would be quite a bit of work if you could get the parts, although not impossoble i don't think.

• 3 months later...
ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Excellent plate Rob! How on earth did you lay your hands on that?!

I just got lucky tbh, it was on ebay and someone posted it up on here. So i snapped it up for the bargain price of £370 ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Rob

Not really an update, but I've just washed, clayed and polished it. Here are the results

DSC01627.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

DSC01628.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

DSC01629.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

DSC01630.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Very pleased with the shine even from a silver car smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 4 months later...
is your lupo still for sale?

Nope, sold it ages ago, now belongs to Drummachine smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Plates still up for grabs though