nfbr's TDI

nfbr

And are the indicators any use at all when they're on tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ?

but who cares, they rock mate smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> look great

Edited by syphon123

Yep ! the indicators light up really bright and clearly visible, for some reason the filament bulb always seems to overcome light from the LEDs (unless you had like a thousand LED's)

Looks and works really effective.

Shame the camera didnt quite pick up on the actual colour so well on the front of car pics, it seems really blue, but its not quite THAT blue...

So what happends when you indicate?

sorry, I dont think it looks that clear what i've actually done on this, so i'll try explain a little better.

The Indicator bulb remains in standard situe, and their are 3 LED's fitted through holes in the bottom of the light unit.

When indicating, It does the same thing that it used to do.... i.e. Glow orange.

If its still light at 8pm tonight i'll get a photo so you can see the actual LED's

Obiously its not legal, as the indicators have to be seperated from the sidelights/headlamps.

Are you able to switch the LEDs off at time of MOT without disconecting them?

I like them a lot by the way, think I may be copying wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

To pass MOT the indicators have to be a certain distance in hieght from the ground, and from each side of the car.

Another rule is they have to be in a diffrent lamp to the other lamps.

If you look at a GTI lamp, you'll see theres a piece of plastic, along the bottom of the lamp, that seperates the indicator and headlamp.

The LED's arent on a switch as such, but their connected to the normal sidelight loom by bullet/socket connection, which i simply have to swap from LED to Sidelight to change from the LED sidelights to the headlamp sidelights at MOT time smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

What a difference the sidelights make, it looks just as good at night as it does in the day biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

The flaps are off, as are the 16" Fox's 6PICT0615.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

6PICT0617.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

6PICT0620.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

6PICT0625.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Look good mate and a nice dish too them smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> ............very different to the 16" Fox rims

What you doing witht the 16's as interested in the rubber rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Edited by mike_m

The 16"s are either going to A. Stay here and be a good set of winter rims, the very low profile seems to make for excelent grip in the rain so i've found

B. be sold on to someone smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> i'm looking for £400 for the wheels with tyres, lower offers wont be accepted as it wudnt be worth me selling.

Just took her out for a test drive on them, no scrubbing AT ALL until i tried reverseing onto my driveway... then it scrubs... biatch.

Edited by nfbr

Yeah looks really nice Al just not sure if theyre better than the fox's confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

More pics are needed, though im sure youve already planned that though

what tyres have you got on these?

wayne