nfbr's TDI

nfbr

Went out tonight to get some dark photos, tryin to be smart. Not the best results but i'm happy with them anyhow PICT0169.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

PICT0172.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

PICT0173.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Car still looks sweet though. Have you got a white balance setting on the camera you can change or some kind of night setting? Night pics can be tough to get looking good and it depends on the type of light. That last one is pretty cool. cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> I can never decide whether they look better with the headlights on or off.

i have a white balance setting but i'm not particularly sure how to use it.

Any ideas if theirs some kinda forum i can go on for advice being a newbie to photography and stuff, cos i've taken some real nice shots in my time, but i want to take more real nice shots PICT0171.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Yeah there's a load of them but i only really look at the Vortex one. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=82

Check out these ones too.

http://www.pbase.com/

http://www.photo.net/learn/

http://www.shutterbug.com/

http://www.photosig.com/go/main

To be honest i've got a fair few books on photography so that's where i've picked up a lot of it from and just looking at other people's pics. Watch out though cos it gets expensive!!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

well i've promised myself this camera will last me two years, its a pretty damn good one to be learning with smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> and it picks out the detail just how i like it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I dont think i'd ever stear towards getting a DSLR or anything though, as its more a "For fun" hobby type thing than anything i dream of doing professionally.

PS do you like my redwall tyres wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Edited by nfbr

• 3 weeks later...

Yep thats right another update! Since i've only shown pics of the exhaust itself in the other thread, i thought i'd add some photos of the ass end of my car now that is sporting its "discreet" exhaust system

6PICT0189.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

6PICT0190.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

6PICT0194.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Does look damn nice i arent convinced by the hidden exhaust idea really as i think a nice tailpipe looks really smart but the original backbox didnt look right at all so youve done good by removing it but i swear you said somehwere else that it was a sebring? which is the one im currently looking at? so was it crap

wayne

It was a sebring yes, It would have looked great if it wasnt so damn low, We had re-drilled the bracket to raise it a bit, but found the actual backbox itself was too tall, thus fitting it any higher would have meant removing the heat shield and bending the boot floor upwards. Tis a shame really cos it had a nice subtle/quiet sound to it, and looked really nice from certain angles. Shame that from a distance it looked like it was scrapeing the floor

It looked good in this pic

6PICT1033-med.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

• 4 weeks later...

Few pics taken after a mega clean up today 6PICT0239.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

6PICT0241.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

6PICT0242.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

looking very nice al!!! loving the tdi badge! got anything else planned before ultimate dubs?!

Jen x

You already know my pre-ultimate dubs plan wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> secret remember... only a selected few know.

Although i am rather tempted to remove the adjuster ring from the rear springs, at the moment its sat with adjuster ring right the way down, but the lock ring removed so the adjuster wil go lower. But i think it needs another 5mm drop. oh and i'm thinking of gettin a set of those aluminium pedals off ebay like quite a few people on here have got.

Edited by nfbr

looks nice mate biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

is this the plan I know, too?

Certainly is cheif wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Looks very nice mate biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

We'll get some pics together soon biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by GTi T