nfbr's TDI

nfbr

How darn good does that look!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

You can't see his battle scars sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Dug the keskins out the other day only to find the edges have got lacquer corrosion sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> almost cried lol...

I'm thinking of either gettin a polishing kit, or having the edges painted in a slightly darker silver than the wheels themselves...

Looks good Al smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Roll on spring wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Too right!

soon as its dry i'm gona get this bloody leak sorted out, take all the seats out and wash / clean the carpets, and get the dent removed from the rear arch and have the wheels refurbed (keskins)

QUITE A LOT of work before the show season starts, unfortunately my car isnt gona be in the best way for u-dubs, but i shall do my best to tidy him up for then!

after the drive today, the spirit of Hans' is stronger than ever! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> he'll be back good as gold soon enough biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Too right!

soon as its dry i'm gona get this bloody leak sorted out, take all the seats out and wash / clean the carpets, and get the dent removed from the rear arch and have the wheels refurbed (keskins)

QUITE A LOT of work before the show season starts, unfortunately my car isnt gona be in the best way for u-dubs, but i shall do my best to tidy him up for then!

after the drive today, the spirit of Hans' is stronger than ever! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> he'll be back good as gold soon enough biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Here here to the future!

And a seconded roll on spring/summer.

The filth and grime of the roads is so disheartening lol.

Cool pic Al.

Quick question, how will you go about cleaning and washing the carpets? Any tips? I was just thinking of getting mine valeted once its been serviced and leaks stopped.

Well firstly i need to ruin my mums dyson by Hoovering up all the remains of any leak water, then i'm goin to use an interior upholstry shampoo and give it all a bloody good scrub, i'm then gona let it all dry, then basically repeat the process again using some of that nice smelling "flash" stuff smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

once thats done i'll let it all dry up in the hot sun. then refit the seats.

Well firstly i need to ruin my mums dyson by Hoovering up all the remains of any leak water

get your mums old wet and dry hoover out the loft (every mum seems to have one) and make up a soapy solution using something such as vanish carpet clean and that will clean and freshen it up then use a hand held steam cleaner for ingrained stuff, all the car fabric cleaners etc iv tried havent worked and end up wasting time

i did use the old hoover i have for my garage to hoover up i spilt a bucket of water and even though it was paper bagged it did a surprisingly good job and all i had to do was change the bag after laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

But I did put my mat in the washing machine for it to melt.

blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> you serious?

i really dont wanna know what you were using the hose for to make it stink.

dirty dirty mind twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" /> rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

wayne

dirty dirty mind twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" /> rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

wayne

was more thinkin on the lines that she might have vacuumed dogpoo up with it or somet

awkward place to have a knock that - unlucky

looks like the scratches on the bumper should polish out with a bit of someting slighty abrasive, maybe some Poorboys SSR 2.5 or similar?

The scratches are invisibile to anyone who'se not looking for them, They are very very dificult to point out when the car is fully polished up.

The dent is the main problem, but my dad and myself reckon it should be pretty easy to pop out for a paintless dent remover.

• 3 weeks later...

Made some speaker gaskets from rocker cover gasketing cork to help sort out the leaks coming from the door... seems to have done the job, as the door seals are now bone dry every time i come to the car, whereas before they were always p-d wet through.

gaskets.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Just got the new door membranes to fit now, which i'll be doing in the summer. This will ensure no water gets into the car come next winter smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Also whilst doing that i'm gona have a go at doing a small amount of sound deadening on the actual door skin itself, rather than just the door cards smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by nfbr

Just got the new door membranes to fit now, which i'll be doing in the summer. This will ensure no water gets into the car come next winter smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Also whilst doing that i'm gona have a go at doing a small amount of sound deadening on the actual door skin itself, rather than just the door cards smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

What are you going to use to glue the membranes to the door?

• 1 month later...

New wheels on nw1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

nw2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

nw3.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />