VW MFD OEM Sat Nav

A couple of pictures...

MFD2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

MFD1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

A couple of things to consider before buying one...

All you need to put one of these in a Lupo, is the unit it's self, a GPS antenna and a Sat Nav CD. You won't need any P&P cables that are being sold on E-Bay. EDIT: yes, yes you will you silly fool! rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

The unit will *NOT* play audio CDs, so a CD changer or a Phatbox are highly reccomended!

Versions D and G are for all intents and purposes very similar when installed in to the Lupo. G has a couple of slightly better functions, but it's nothing to write home about. G is *NOT* compatible with the phatbox.

The amp in the MFD is 100x better than that in the Gamma unit, and it really goes well with the standard components!

I'm over the moon with it - it looks much better than I thought it would.

Edited by bossjohnc

Looks good John!

(So, next time we meet in Iver, will you be arriving at the pub or in the field down the road?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Damn, I'd hoped that had escaped your memory! *gets out men in black flashy device*

I'd only just got the other one, and to be fair the field was only about a mile from the pub! blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

That particular one is a D, and was £400 all in from a chap in Poland (BodyCarStyling). It included the antenna, a set of *ahem* highly original CDs (I've got my own originals anyway), delivery, *and* a set of P&P leads which I didn't need, and might sell on.

Edit: Found out I did actually need the P&P lead...

Edited by bossjohnc

Wahey! Congrats, that looks fantastic John! Very impressed. The circle is now complete!

My worry would be the nickability, but theres not much that can be done about that really, and I imagine thieves stealing these to order will be checking out Golfs and Passats rather than looking in a Lupo.

Edited by AndyW

If this gets pinched I'll be gutted...
The guy I work with had his MFD nicked recently, and a friend had his MFD2 taken too...

Most of these are nicked to order I'd think, so I'd be slightly less worried in a Lupo than I would be in a Golf. That said, these aren't *that* easily pulled out, so a thief would need a bit of time to do it, so I think I'd be little wary about where I'd park, but thats a given anyway really.

I worry about my car a lot down here for some reason, although the car park mines in is secure in theory, the dozy cvnts they get to guard it aren't the brightest people I've met.

damn i want that so much! got the oem aerial fitted, just gotta get the unit!

out of interest, how much would you sell the leads for?

i was looking at these on ebay the other day, i cant afford one though.

....i dont mind map reading anyways! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

*not jelous in the slightest!*

mrgreen.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":mrgreen:" border="0" alt="mrgreen.gif" />

looks awesome though!

i really want a version g for mine, 4 x 40 watts etc!

so it all plugs straight in?

thinking of getting one from here

http://www.satnavsystems.com/#

There's very little difference between D & G - none as far as hardware is concerned. The main difference comes when you plug it in to a car with an FIS cluster.

It does, literally plug straight in. Just need the antenna and the CD and you're away wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Edit: *arrgh - need P&P cable too!*

Edited by bossjohnc

Dare I ask the price John?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That particular one is a D, and was £400 all in from a chap in Poland (BodyCarStyling). It included the antenna, a set of *ahem* highly original CDs (I've got my own originals anyway), delivery, *and* a set of P&P leads which I didn't need, and might sell on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I think they can be got for cheaper if you're willing to hang around - but this seemed a good "all in" deal.

Edit: Silly me - I *did* need the P&P lead

Edited by bossjohnc