edition 38,,

smilaa

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what defines scene any way ffs, i've been on here since 2005 iirc scene did not exist however the show and shine car's did then all this labelling came along and sudenly if you have something nice your scene , in my eye's not one lupo was the same on that field that's how diverse the lupo/ arosa can be take a look at all the mk1's mostly all the same, rob has a point we build the car's for ourselves if other people like them then that's cool if they don't then that's cool too, silver will back me up on this i know , club lupo's members ages's have come down and i think the older of us who used to be able to have a large stand presence have moved on.

i used to be on here most day's helping with loads of question's. however now your lucky if it's once a week and that's due to the lack of thread's that give any input to the site.

Mitch ive said it for years that cars should be built to how the owner wants them, there are so many people who have to now get forum acceptance for every thing they do, just to fit in.

Im building my mark one miles off what is the considered norm, buts its how i want it, i dont want a perfectly painted car with everything just right, and tbh i couldnt care less if people didnt like it.

And this is a major reason why i often just take the piss, to many people asking what they should do, what colour is in, if this or that engine fits. Just bloody pick a part you like or do some research and just do it, or at least come to the table with some basic knowledge thats been picked up researching rather than expecting to be spoon fed.

This thread is lame!

I'm only going to echo the above posts though, most CL members belong to other clubs also, not just CL and the majority of CL members show their cars in S&S and are therefore unable to take part in the CL stand, no point slagging the stand off just because there wasn't enough Lupo's/Arosa's and they wasn't "good" enough. That's someones pride and joy you've just dissed then, how would you like it if someone turned around to you and saw your car parked and decided to post on a forum saying it looks poop?

I don't post on here alot lately but then I don't post on many forums a lot at the moment but doesn't mean that i'm not still an avid number and threads like this just prove that there is a community out there that love and care for their cars and the clubs they are with.

I'm going to be at Players so if you fancy coming to say you think Club Lupo is full of stuck up people then you're more than welcome to come and find me and tell me that :)

Edited by Emz

This thread is lame!

I'm only going to echo the above posts though, most CL members belong to other clubs also, not just CL and the majority of CL members show their cars in S&S and are therefore unable to take part in the CL stand, no point slagging the stand off just because there wasn't enough Lupo's/Arosa's and they wasn't "good" enough. That's someones pride and joy you've just dissed then, how would you like it if someone turned around to you and saw your car parked and decided to post on a forum saying it looks poop?

I don't post on here alot lately but then I don't post on many forums a lot at the moment but doesn't mean that i'm not still an avid number and threads like this just prove that there is a community out there that love and care for their cars and the clubs they are with.

I'm going to be at Players so if you fancy coming to say you think Club Lupo is full of stuck up people then you're more than welcome to come and find me and tell me that :)

Believe me it does :ph34r:

2 18" subs, ronal turbo's and the want of air but to not change the wheels.

Im just messing and if thats how he wants his car to look then that's fine. I would not have said anything if this thread wasn't here. But that's my opinion of his car, and he doesn't seem to mind making statements about other people's car so theres one of his :)

I would've been happy to be on stand but since I turned up just after 6pm on Friday and was told we couldn't set our tents up as we'd be blocking the cars going in and out of the camping area for CL (even though others had blocked the area later when I walked past) so I decided to go and camp with some friends whom I haven't seen since last year's Edition. As it was I didn't get a chance to clean my car due to working 12 hour days the week leading up to Edition and I knew I'd probably want to head off early-ish Sunday I chose not to go on the stand at all.

I don't think there's an argument here really, your opinion is your opinion and many might say my car would have looked better if I'd left it standard, however, it makes me smile when I look at it and I haven't seen another one done like it - so to come on here and say people's cars on the stand look sh!te is just wrong. Constructive criticism is welcome but I think you should just appreciate that we'd be quite a boring club with a fairly silly looking stand if everyone's cars looked exactly the same....

I liked the way yours looked Sarah had never seen one with the stripes before :thumbsup: those french dudes just pulled up flung up all there tents and gazebo in the blink of an eye and we were like wtf cause we were told we had to leave the gap so everyone else could get out. we ended up having ot move around our cars to create yet another gap and then some nice lads decided they were going to park in it on the saturday :rant:

wasn't amused. lesson learnt next year taking tap and poles to mark off stuff

Did a thread not start like this last year? people coming on here to vent because there upset something was said about there car, great stuff.... now grow up, its a car... and the world is not perfect..... grow a pair, most of you make your car as you want it because its the way you like it, who cares what other people think?

Someone mentioned "keyboard warriors" again, one of the people venting about the forum and the stand?? contradicting yourself slightly there.

Im pretty sure this forum is alot less scene that most others, heck what do you class as scene anyway? who knows the difference between scene or not? - answer is no one, they just use the word in context....

As is said on most threads like this, if you dont like the way the forum works, or the people on it then please dont use it, its really simple.

And i guess most of your opinions are generated without actually meeting any of the "clique" as you call it. Maybe you should join in? your opinion will change.

John

Those French lads really were a bit of a nucience, especially blocking the road off and trying to give drivers beer bongs through the window! Had a good weekend over all though :) nice meeting some more people and putting more faces to names :) Oh and who's really bothered about the club stands? they wernt exactly in the most noticable place anyway! they were basically a model specific car park

Mine was on the stand on sat but i realky expected it to be heaving. Me, ray and phil alwsys put our cars up, not because we think ours are the best but because we want to show ppl what cars are on this forum. If ppl on this site signedup to put their cars on the stand then y wasnt it being practiced? Its a shame that we cant all get together for 1 weekend. I know there are local clubs but the stand would look amazing if ppl would come together! Lets not start being sarcastic or slagging off cars and just remind urselves that we all have the same car just sone ppl want to modify. Ta :)

I was on club stand making up numbers mainly but soon as give it clean didn't look to bad just shame about weather on sunday

Some people just dont have the time to make there masterpiece or if they do just dont have the money but they make there cars as close as they can for themselves to be happy with it.

I'm just glad could put names to faces and sure I'll be going alot more Shows now

Edited by franny

I was on club stand making up numbers mainly but soon as give it clean didn't look to bad just shame about weather on sunday

Some people just dont have the time to make there masterpiece or if they do just dont have the money but they make there cars as close as they can for themselves to be happy with it.

I'm just glad could put names to faces and sure I'll be going alot more Shows now

Il second that. Met loads of brilliant people. :yes:

Hello all, I came on the Sunday, but parked in the regular car park, so unless you scoured there you wouldn't have seen mine. Just to say I personally thought some of the Lupo's/Arosa's were very individual. In no particular order, I liked:

- The grey one with the purple interior, and polished bonnet (awesome), and four-spokes, and all the 3L bits, just wow.

- There was another grey one, but with teledials that had been hand-drawn with permanent markers, each one was different, very unique.

- Faint blue arosa, with G60 steels, that said OCD clean on it, just saying i saw some grass in the arch liners, ha ha.

- Silver GTi, with the purple 3-pieces (don't know the name), purple pipes/hoses, and purple tow-strap, real nice.

- Silver GTi on the light blue RM's, just super clean.

- Black Sport in the car park on gold RM's, nice and simple.

- Black GTi on purple centred Schmidt TH's, loved that.

- Red GTi, must have been on air, on chrome RS's with black roof, and deleted main beams, not going to see another like that.

- White GTi, on the Jap-style 4 spokes (can't remember the name, again), and yellow main beams, just like completely against the general VW grain, and I liked the whole look, just felt right.

- Red one with black side strips (nice), RS's, and super low (maybe air?) and highly illegal red plates (really nice touch).

If i didn't say yours, that's not because i didn't like it / notice it, it's because i can't remember them all, those were just stand out ones for me.

Lol I saw one on air and the ass wasn't as low as mine is -_- haa staics ftw :D

If it was a blue Sport, then I spoke to that guy, very nice too, and it was his girlfriend's car, but the rear 'bags' and valves were in Afghanistan somewhere, and so he didn't get them in time for the show, if that's the one you were on about, then don't speak too soon.

I was told my Lupe was very 'scene' when having it remapped, at least there's not a tax on that yet, ha ha.

Also, on a different note, I'd like to change my username, don't know what i was thinking with this one.

Nice rides, y'all.

Edited by Chilli-Cheese

Well I consider my self put in my place :P:) lol was a very nice looking lup nether the less just like all the other lups that turned up! I actuly felt rather disapointed in myself with mine. As each and every other lup there seemed to look a lot better/smarter than mine -_- haa always next year tho ;)

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest dude, I would never put my car on a CL stand because, to be honest, your all rather up-your selves. Which is another reason I don't use the site any more.

It's all too much about following the scene with you fellas. There is no essence of a friendly community.

Oh yea I'm the dude with the other "blue" lupo..... that wasn't on a stand. Booming Lupos together smilaaa

Silver please take note of this comment. also Treblet (you ignorant..... :question: ) ... for the occasions you made out im the only person disappointed with this forum this is a prime example. Scotty82 you should also see this as evidence.... i agree so much!

Ben, if we lock it we'll be accused of being up ourselves and fascists.

...and Piers, this is a different issue than yours: Young guys, with opinions about people they didn't even bother to introduce themselves too.

If you look on the E38 forum you'll see reference to two idiots booming around in 2 blue Lupos. I wonder who that could have been.

And again to Piers, report any issues you have via the Report button and relevant action will be taken; Scotty_82 is definately not above the T&Cs.