Silver!'s GTI

Silver!

• 3 weeks later...

Got a new sticker today...

laidlaw_garage_equipment_mot_logo.jpg

...not that I'm gonna put it on!

Went straight through, no prob's, no warnings.

I expected it to be honest, but it's always a relief to get the "it's passed" telehone call!

The guy's quoted me £150 for a cambelt service for the Arosa, though he's not done one since he left the VW Dealer, so it is just an estimate.

Ray

Edited by Silver!

• 4 weeks later...

As if I'd ever tell you anything!?!?!

That was Jamie who owned it before. He bought those D90's off Beattie17 (Ibiza in b/ground SVAG). He offered them to me, but I didn't want them.

Beattie17 has since bought them back and is running them on his Ibiza.

Sorry to disappoint!

Ray

I think you can't beat a standard GTI but with a healthy dose of lowering. They just look so right.

Why thank you, I'll take that as a complement. :rolleyes:

I just want a set of spacers to pull the wheels out into the arches a it more, now I'm running 195/4045s.

R

Edited by Silver!

why 40's ?? usually 195/45/15

Well spotted, buy yourself a cream egg!

Changed! 40s would be nice, but a no, no as the car is just touching the drive on the way in with 2 up!

Amanda's Mum wasn't impressed, when I asked het to get out of the car to get the car on the drive! Not quite the chauffeur driven experience she's used to. :)

As the tread wears down I can see it getting worse.

Ray

Edited by Silver!

I was thinking the exact same about the spacers mate. The back wheels just look too far in the arches, the front not too bad though. If you only put spacers on the back wont you affect handling as you've got wider track on the rear? Im shocking at physics, im a chemistry and biology man!

I was thinking the exact same about the spacers mate. The back wheels just look too far in the arches, the front not too bad though. If you only put spacers on the back wont you affect handling as you've got wider track on the rear? Im shocking at physics, im a chemistry and biology man!

I'm not sure. If the rear is a bit skippy, maybe the wider track would helpt to stabalise it. I was only thinking 10 - 15mm per side, so nothing huge.

Any opinions welcome.

I have 20mm spacers on the rear of mine and it gives it a much better stance, the wheels look lost without spacers on the rear. I think 15mm would be perfect, but i had 20mm spacing on my BBS', so i just left them on for the winter.

The car looks sweet by the way :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Just to prove the bars aren't just for show...

27Jan08-s3-025x500.jpg

27Jan08-s3-026x500.jpg

...fastest fence post in Perth today?!?!?!?!?!?

Definately the fastest it'll be going for a while as it's now rooted in concrete 18" inches in my back garden!

Oh! and dig the OEM dog guard!

Carry on... :blush:

Edited by Silver!

Haha, useful mods, i like it B)

Can you get a dog in the boot or is it just for show? :rolleyes:

Ive thought about getting one but just think it might be too cruel to sandwich him in there :lol: A dog guard that is, not a dog, we have two already ;)

Edited by cardaft

Haha, useful mods, i like it B)

Can you get a dog in the boot or is it just for show? :rolleyes:

Ive thought about getting one but just think it might be too cruel to sandwich him in there :lol: A dog guard that is, not a dog, we have two already ;)

She fits in with plenty of room just now as she's only 12 weeks old.

But when she's 30kilos...

Hmmm...

Nice dog guard ;)

I know. I kinda like it! I had to remove the plastic cover from the centre seat mount for the 'hook' to fit. ;)

Ghillie is getting used to it! :lol: