CLAYTONJONES

Clayton's Tornado Red GTI..

Nice - have you got the set of shims?

- actually I think the diff comes with them

Edited by LR5V

Well I got the gearbox back in with the Quaife LSD fitted today. 

Took it out for a short drive to make sure everything was working as it should. The only words I can really think of is WOW, what a difference that has made. Feels like a completely different car to drive, understeer is almost non-existent now. 100% traction out of every corner now rather than one wheel always spinning which these suffer with quite badly. 

Overall I couldn't be more happier with it. Anyone who is thinking about getting one, stop thinking and get one!

DSC-0029.jpg
IMG-3719.jpg
IMG-3773.jpg
IMG-3720.jpg

• Like 1

Don't think it'd make much difference in an SDI... Nice though :)

On 4/13/2020 at 8:08 PM, CLAYTONJONES said:

Well I got the gearbox back in with the Quaife LSD fitted today. 

Took it out for a short drive to make sure everything was working as it should. The only words I can really think of is WOW, what a difference that has made. Feels like a completely different car to drive, understeer is almost non-existent now. 100% traction out of every corner now rather than one wheel always spinning which these suffer with quite badly. 

Overall I couldn't be more happier with it. Anyone who is thinking about getting one, stop thinking and get one!

DSC-0029.jpg
IMG-3719.jpg
IMG-3773.jpg
IMG-3720.jpg

i noticed your bolts swap orientation in the two pictures, did you make the same mistake as i did and found they hit the casing in one orientation? 

This is a serious build done very tastefully. Didn’t like the initial route u were going down but I’m glad u went down the fast road car route. If u want to sell, drop me a pm

So seeing as we are finallly allowed to go for a drive, i've been making the most of it recently. I went for a bit of a blast last night with a mate in his Clio 200, they are very well matched on the road, his is more setup for track so a bit too stiff for the roads. Straight line performance they are exactly the same! We've booked a trackday at Snett for 4th June also :)

Would of been rude not to take a few pictures :)

DSC-0006.jpg
DSC-0020-1.jpg
DSC-0005.jpg
DSC-0004.jpg

• Like 2