Fifth Gear Feature

Raven

Ok, so the brief was following the release of the MK7 Golf GTI and feature in the new series, budget alternatives, specifically: MK2 Golf GTI, Lupo GTI and MK4 Golf R32. The MK2 was provided by Ray Partner and the Lupo is my daily; nice chap called Mark off the R32 OC in his Mk4.
Location was Castle Combe race circuit.
It was an all day event, and sadly I cannot post up video for legal reasons - but at least I got to meet Jason Plato!!!! Big thanks to our own mad wax man for detailing my blue Lupo ;)

0331170E-A560-4105-86A5-7652A78BC127-202

741B2279-6E25-4C8A-BF71-3CBFC5EECDD6-202

F0275A7D-BD31-4080-8C12-169C14386FF0-202

4764F2D8-AC40-4503-9A61-68CB92C3D4AA-202

49E9A1B3-283F-4016-ADC7-25EFABDC6E4E-202

2FDF0429-2E72-4264-8EA4-00154EAF4410-202

456FFEF0-216D-4A79-85BA-2DE4851984B8-127

06556E5A-9C2C-46F1-8991-A8A1CC2363C7-202

• Like 3

Sweet :D Damn that Mk2 looks tidy. Have to let us know when it's on the tellybox.

No way guys, I own and run the MK2 Golf Owners Club - so that stays on as free advertising ;)

The MK2 is one of ther last small bumper models and I must say maintained to the highest order. The new series starts in September so I will let you know exactly when. It's a shame I didn't have a ClubLupo sticker for the side window :(

• Like 1

No way guys, I own and run the MK2 Golf Owners Club

So I should discuss my annoyance at getting a 'warning' with yourself?

I was just going to confront the person who gave it at a show and see if they crap themselves.

Let's be honest, you probably deserved it ;)

No way guys, I own and run the MK2 Golf Owners Club - so that stays on as free advertising ;)

Ah I see, yeah fair do's tbh!

Let's be honest, you probably deserved it ;)

If I deserved it I would accept it and move on, it's like my ban on club polo, eventually I will come across the person who did it & then I will get some 'closure'.

So I should discuss my annoyance at getting a 'warning' with yourself?

I was just going to confront the person who gave it at a show and see if they crap themselves.

Haha, yeah no worries Rich anytime. I don't think everyone understands your banter on there yet. It's our annual meet 9-11 August, so please do pop down. We will be having a best other vag section in the s&s, so i would love to see some Lupos entered ;)

I've seen that Mk2 at Stonor Park a few times, if I recall right he won the concours last year. The car is MINT!

Looking forward to the show.....

Rich take your valium and sit in a darkened room for an hour or I'll suspend you from the Côte d'Azur.

You love suspensions, do you have a fetish ?

Ray, nip into monaco whilst your there... its going to be immense whilst the F1 is on. I always went a week before the F1 when they were finalising the track set up... incredible atmosphere... also visit the gorge du verdon... its a bit of a drive out but its well worth the trip for a day... go into Frejus port one evening and there are some ace restaurants, im not sure if he is still there but theres a bloke called Pierre Namuriel who busks in the port. Go on a firework night (fridays i think) and its a lovely evening. Bring me back one of Pierre's CD's if you go!

if your wanting to see the big boats, go to Antibes. Its the deepest port in the Med and big names have their boats there. The bloke who owns chelsea usually has a couple of his docked up there although it might be a bad weekend as they will probably go into monaco to see the F1 and show off their huge boats! depending how long your there for you can probably catch a glimpse.

Dont bother with St Tropez, you will queue for a million miles to get in and its a bit dissapointing really... you wont see any celebs.

Message me on facebook if you want any tips on places to go...

Gorge du verdon:

Gorges-du-Verdon-France.jpg

Sorry to go off topic!

looking forward to watching the show!

Sadly my 16v is now sold, but this is the other dub in my life...

561DDE55-80FD-4341-9ED6-451DADB21D88-164

Gone is the 'pink' interior and she now has Recaros Electric Ultraviolets ;)