oil light

dalef1992

my oil pressure light has been on for the past week I've just done a full service yesterday

oil pressure switch ...oil filter...air filter..fuel filter..cabin filter..sump plug..discs and pads... fresh oil and ngk spark plugs

it's doin my head in now it's ok on idle but when I set off give it afew minutes and it beeps at me and then stays on until I turn the car off ?? any ideas people

46k full service history and basically a engine rebuilt 2k ago after the cam belt snapped and it beeps once and then the flashing light stays on but last week it only happened 3times but went straight off now it beeps afew times at me after driving for amin or so then the flashing light stays on the car runs spot on tho

just to add I don't travel far in a day and some days the car doesn't even move off the drive :-D

So there is a big red light on the dash that is actually beeping at you and you have carried on driving it round for a week?

I kind of thought this myself.

Hope you've not done any permanent damage.

I will do mate and I'm im goin to drop the sump off and see what's happening also I've realised it only comes on at 1500rpm it can Stanton for ages on idle and it won't come on ??

and if the engine fails I'll write it off via insurance lol so no biggie to me

it's up for sale but I won't sell it no more unless it's fixed or unless they want to fix it I have a feeling it's the piston rings also my insurance has parts and labour cover as an extra but that is only covered if the fix is obviously a certain % below the value of the car obviously a engine failure (if it comes to this) will cost more than the car is insured for that is £1500 so they ask a main dealer to diagnose it then the labour and parts it will obviously cost over 1000 from the vw dealer that way the insurance will look at the stats and write it off simple so like I said no biggie I want a rs4 or 320d 530d so why am I goin to spend money on my lupo knowing it's goin to be a big job..... solution is run until it brakes then spend money on something good

Good luck.

If your struggling to diagnose and fix a basic lupo then god help you with the costs of a faulty rs4 or a decent bmw.

Ill get the bankrupsy papers drawn up ha ha

insurance is £1350 on a rs4 and £890 on a 320d/530d fully comp for the year

and it's not about diagnosing the problem it's about spending money on a lupo it's only a 1.4 16v so wt is the point unless it's not too dear then I will fix it and run it do what I have left to do Audi bumper spray or wrap then sell as a finished project ...

and I've been told the piston rings will be fine because it doesn't smoke in any gear from.cold or when warm so that's a bonus so it's not from that it's probably somethin easy will a engine flush clear the **** in the oil pick up pipe cheers

Surely the best way is sump off and clean the pick up pipe. A flush will dislodge more crap and the it here is a chance more crap will get lodged in the oil pick up pipe.

Edited by Dblock