Dodgy member & listing

JackRobo10

Just thought i should make you aware a member from here ( Jason_lupo ) listed a set of tinted rear lights on ebay , I bought them and payed for them , didnt receive them or a refund and when i call him he just puts the phone down , Obviously not the type of guy we want on a friendly forum like this.

Just found said lights listed by the same person with the same contact details for sale on gumtree - http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/volkswagen-lupo-tinted-rear-lights/1014496659

Just a heads up! not sure if its the right place to post but hey.

many thanks

Jack

• Like 1

Open a dispute via Ebay, they will take the funds from his account and reimburse you if they find in your favor, which it sounds like they will.

These type of people are Wankers

eBay are very very very very very good at solving these disputes. They provide all sellers with adequate information to make sure they aren't caught up in a dispute, and they make sure buyers are well protected. One of their main recommendations to a seller, is to send all items recorded delivery + obtain a proof of postage. Even if the item isn't sent recorded, they insist that all sellers obtain a proof of postage.

If you put in a dispute, they will ask for his proof of postage. When he is unable to provide one, they will simply find in your favour. I also recommend including the link you found on Gumtree. They are happy to take any kind of evidence to help them sort their dispute.

I was embroiled in quite a nasty dispute with someone over a Android tablet which had a broken socket when it arrived. He insisted that I had broken it because I was 'clumsy' but I reassured him I hadn't and that I handled these kind of devices every day thanks to my job. Anyway, after I had another look it at it, I noticed that there was quite a big dent, just under the socket which was probably where it had been dropped and caused the issue. I had a good look through the photos he uploaded and found one that clearly showed the dent I was talking about. They returned a unanimous verdict in my favour and that meant the seller had to refund me... but oh no, it wasn't over just yet. The seller was told he had to refund me immediately. I received an e-mail notifying me of a refund and I printed off the return item postage label ready to send it. The day I was going to post it, I decided to quickly login my PayPal, I'm not sure why to be honest. He'd refunded using a 'e-cheque', something I'd never heard of before. I phoned up PayPal and asked them what an 'e-cheque' was. They told me it was just like a normal cheque but used PayPal. I said "so then it can bounce right?".... I was reassured that the cheque couldn't bounce as they checked to see how much money was in the sellers account before allowing the 'e-cheque' to go through. All of a sudden I was being bombarded with messages from the seller: "please return the device asap, I will need to relist it", "I've returned your money, now I need you to send the device back", "If you don't return the device within 2 days I will be contacting the police" (yes, he genuinely said that)... when I asked about the 'e-cheque- he said something like "It comes through immediately after I receive the device, now please return the device so I can resell". I was suspicious. If it was a normal cheque then it would go through in 5 days regardless of whether the device was returned. I phoned PayPal and told them I would NOT return the device until the cheque had successfully gone through. I told them I was very sure that this individual had used an 'e-cheque' as a method of scamming me, and despite their consistent belief that this couldn't happen, they eventually backed down and told me to return the device after the cheque was cashed on the Friday....

Friday came.... I got an e-mail informing me that the 'e-cheque' transaction could NOT be completed as the person had insufficient funds in their account and had locked their bank account. Just as I expected, it was a trick to try and get me to send the device back without refunding. I phoned up PayPal and told them I was absolutely livid that I'd almost been conned and that I had warned PayPal that I felt this was going to happen. They refunded my money immediately and told me to keep the device. They also said they would be dealing with the seller.

As far as I'm aware, he is under investigation for fraud and the police are involved.

• Like 3

It's just about holding people to account and being persistent. Just because they're a private seller, doesn't mean they can ignore the rules and eBay know that. If you paid the money, he is expected to fulfill his side of the agreement. You're also at an advantage because if you use PayPal, eBay have clear evidence of the fact you have paid.

I guarantee, unless he can provide evidence that he sent you the lights, a proof of postage, or a courier signature, something to that extent, he will be in trouble. So I recommend you file a new report in the resolution center asap. I think the earliest you can do it, is 10 days after the transaction, the latest is about 60 I believe.

Good luck! Would be interesting to see what the seller has to say if he does come on here.

Have reported this guy to ebay but as he said he didnt have a Paypal account i had to pay him via bank transfer , Silly i know but he actually reassured me ' i am no conman ' , now ebay wont let me open a case as the item isnt marked as payed for as it wasnt payed for with paypal.

so im on a loser really, just thought i should give you a heads up.

jack

how much did you pay out of interest?

id never do a bank transfer with anyone... its not worth it.

Ray, im going to throw online sticks at him anyway!

id just find out where he lives/hangs about and knock on his door. Demand your money back or the item, if he says no take the rear lights off his car...

• Like 1

Have reported this guy to ebay but as he said he didnt have a Paypal account i had to pay him via bank transfer , Silly i know but he actually reassured me ' i am no conman ' , now ebay wont let me open a case as the item isnt marked as payed for as it wasnt payed for with paypal.

so im on a loser really, just thought i should give you a heads up.

jack

Just mark it as paid?

I can see this being a repeat of the MLR forum incident.... on a greater scale...

MLR incident?

how much did you pay out of interest?

id never do a bank transfer with anyone... its not worth it.

Ray, im going to throw online sticks at him anyway!

I'd probably do a bank transfer with a number folk from here even though I don't know them personally :)

...in fact I did it with John (casper) for £300

MLR incident?

I'd probably do a bank transfer with a number folk from here even though I don't know them personally :)

...in fact I did it with John (casper) for £300

yeah i must admit pete, im probably being a bit unfair and havnt quite put my point out there correctly. Id do a bank transfer with a few people on here, including Scotty and Rich. in fact rich sent me an item before i had even paid for it... i sent him cash in a birthday card once it arrived.

Only £16 i paid but its not the point really , Cant just mark it as paid as he is the seller and only the seller can do it . Everytime i try and ring him i just get no answer off him , Even tried his number off a friends phone but no answer but probaby just coincidence .

People on a forum like this you should be able to trust but clearly not

Anyone can sign up to this forum lol. I agree, you should be able to trust folk on forums but you still need to exercise caution. Sorry to hear about the situation anyway mate ad I hope you get it sorted :)

Anyone can sign up to this forum lol. I agree, you should be able to trust folk on forums but you still need to exercise caution. Sorry to hear about the situation anyway mate ad I hope you get it sorted :)

i agree with this... anyone can sign up.

id only trust popular users with higher post counts. Anyone with less than 100 should be treated with caution. Not that they are bad people... but you just have to look out for yourself.

hope you get it sorted. Id cut my losses with £16 and move on... they are horrible lights anyway lol