what was everyones 1st car ?

hectashouse

Hey everyone just thought i'd ask what was everyones first car, how long did you have it for and do you ever miss it ?

Mine is a mk1 seat arosa 1 litre :D which i've had for 2 years and i still got it :D

By the way sorry if theres already a thread like this :P

MK2 Polo, absolute belter of a car - old B reg, I bought it with 120,000 on the clock back in 1993 and sold it 2 years later for the same price as a I bought it but with 145k on the clock, the new owner asked me if it would get to London from Durham and thought the brakes were a tad numb as they were non servo assisted so you had to break in plenty of time!

I clearly remember the clutch cable snapping and it rolling to a halt in the middle of a crossroad :D

Would be kind of nice to have one again - funny little cars - absolutely brilliant in the snow as had narrow wheels/tyres and heavy engine and no traction control/power steering to worry about - very basic cars though compared to modern ones.

Edited by Pottster
  • Like 1

Wow thats the way :P sounds like a good little car but i bet it was a bit scarey when breaking though ?

Do you ever have times were you would love to have it back ?

When its snowing :thumbsup:

:) fair enough :) i love the little storey everyone tends to have in their first cars :) like when my pedal box went 20 miles away from my house and ended up driving it back :L the sad part is that im ichting to get a lupo tdi but i cant bring myself to sell my arosa and deff cant afford both :L

1962 Triumph Herald Saloon

No power steering, no power windows, No Radio or anything like that!

But was a brilliant car & Insurance was cheap, being only 18 & was Free to tax!

Got lots of attention in it & went to many shows in it, but some w****r on a motorcycle, high on drugs, run in to the side of it & wrote it off! :(

1980. 1969 G reg Singer Chamois in dark green.

Paid £60 from a lady who's dad had just passed on. She put it through an MOT and got the clutch fixed so she could sell it; which cost her £50.

Damaged front wing which had been bodged. Loved that little car the wing stayed as it was.

1.1 205 4 speed box, paint like a rhinos skin and a crease in the door/wing were it had swung open in the wind.

I paid pretty close the the model number 250 notes.

First few weeks i filled it up and for some reason the needle eventually stuck at quarter tank after hundreds of miles of driving, i thought i was getting ridiculous mpg and then it cut out on me in peak traffic on a major roundabout in sunderland town centre, i had to single handedly push it onto ac curb up a hill, it destroyed my legs and shoulder lol

so much fun in that first car, it was slow as piss, had the longest 3rd gear ever and would drive over, in and through everything in its path and i knew it would only cost me pennies to fix.

Lol, my Lupo. had it a year and half.

Had bags of fun in it and enjoyed the ridiculous MPG.

ive done over 25K in it and apart from clutch and brakes its been good to me.

Will be sad to see it go, but MK2 times ahead..

id defiantly consider buying another Lupo in the future.

wow some very good car choices but some quite surprising aswell :L and i've managed to drive 21k miles in my first year of driving but the only thing i would change about my car is that i wish it was a derv :-/ but its never going to happen :L

Citreon ax 1.0 4-speedbox

was an absolute beaut. cost me a pint of beer in the pub...so you can imagine what it looked like

Edited by Blaine

Fiat cinquencento sporting..

Faded red and as bad as the one on the inbetweeners.

Headgasket went for the first time after a week.. #buswnker oncemore..

Oh and £1500 insurance! Third party fire and theft only :/

Edited by Alexthekidd

:L haha i must say a citreon ax was one of the most fun cars i've ever driven :L however the number 1 fun car i've ever driven was a renualt 5 which was on its death bed :L lol

i loved my ax had alot of fun in it ! so fun because in the corners it was on the limit at like 50mph lol

1.0 MPI yellow T reg lupo had 111,135 miles when i got it (6th sep 2012) now got 113,786

New engine thanks to oil pump packing up killed top end :( £250 and 10 hours later fixed

badger cost me a rad, cooling fan, slam panel, lower bumper

patch of ice sent me in to a tree cost me number plate pair of head lights bent crash panel cracked indicator panel and it smashed all the wheel arch liners and bent my new rad broke a bit of the new fan :'(

basically ruining it :/