Spenny's 2nd TDI

Sp3nny

finally got 4 headrests now, many thanks to Pete91 :yes:

• Like 2

can anyonre help me, i know a gti full bumper wont fit on a standard lupo what with the different wings, but would the lower bumper fit on my tdi?

KGrHqVhsE7FIMfionBPe035Bg60_12.jpg

also driving to scotland in a week so will get pleny of pics up of the progress, and hopefully some beautiful scenery :thumbsup:

shame, wanted to create a GT TDI :thumbsup:

update: spent the last 3 days wet vaccing the inside of the car, cleaning everything, took the seats out:

mid way through wet vaccing headliner

SAM_1520.jpg

SAM_1519.jpg

cut a plywood template for the back of the rear seats and carbon wrapped it. looks 10000000x better, was rusty metal with toilet-seat shapes on the back

SAM_1518.jpg

SAM_1517.jpg

new bonnet bra, many thanks to NexG !!!

SAM_1515.jpg

SAM_1514.jpg

Like to carbon backs on the seats chap, i was going to something like that but now i have an alpine set up (check my thread) things are going to be different.

Bra's haven't been my thing (as they never seem to sit tight) but it looks good.

You leaving your liner standard then?

Good work all in all

Edited by Arosaproject

cheers bud, well happy with how the backing came out, time well spent. going to leave the headliner standard for now but hoping to do it in a similar blue leather as the seats in the futuree :yes:

ye i totally agree mate, need to find a material that matches in colour, ill do the back pillars as well

cheers mate! looking forward to the next update on your little red beast :tongueout:

Edited by Dr_Barnett

cheers bud. they look like just squares but there's actually lots of little indents and that, so making the template took quite a while, wrapping it in carbon only took 10 mins :thumbup:

i know it is mate, got it for free from a gent called NexG who lives near me, seems a great guy. got a debadged grill to fit anyway. also the bonnet wont close properly with it on, anyone experienced this?

There's wee things at either side of the bay that can be tightened up a bit to allow more space. Then go mad and proper slam it shut. It took me about half an hour of attempting to shut it to finally get the balls to slam it hard enough.

haha im exactly the same, dont wana dent the bonnet :thumbsup:

mine already has a dent so ya know, slammage is always ;)

• 3 weeks later...

no updates for a while as i've been in Scotland for a week but heres a few pics:

on the ways up:

SAM_1550.jpg

SAM_1540.jpg

SAM_1542.jpg

doing a little camping:

SAM_1545.jpg

this is how dirty the tailgate got, couldn't wait to clean it:

SAM_1544.jpg

new Bathurst wheels, being refurbed next week:

SAM_1587.jpg

SAM_1588.jpg

had a spare badge so i carbon wrapped it, took it off the plastic background so i could wrap it better:

SAM_1593.jpg

next week: wheels refurbed, headlight tints, new badge/grill, interior wrapping (blue carbon) so keep a lookout! :clap:

went up to Glasgow, then to a caravan site near Loch Lomond, then across to Edinburgh, the down to Alnwick castle, not a bad holiday as i've never been to Scotland before. Must says it is a beautiful place.

Glad you enjoyed Scotland! There's definately an art to camping in a Lupo. At least you never had a 35k dog with you too.

What's happening to the Bathursts?

ah ye thanks Ray, its a nice place! i had to plan every little piece that went into the car, then my poor little sister got stuffed in the back surrounded by rucksacks and sleeping bags :yes: and i'll let you wait and see with the Bathursts, they won't be everyones cup of tea but they will definately be different! :tongueout: