Spenny's 2nd TDI

Sp3nny

James, how do i get one of those pictures below each post like you have?

do you know whats wrong with the gearbox/linkages? mine does exactly the same thing when shifting down from 5th to 4th nd 4th to 3rd, really hard to get into gear, want to get it sorted under the warranty.

you have to get a picture and cut it down to the Limit on picture size stated for Sig use and then centre align the %7Boption%7D code

i think i cropped mine in publisher

i dont have a clue mate i changed all the gearbox oil tonight hoping that was the problem, gonna drive it tommorow morning, fingers crossed

you have to get a picture and cut it down to the Limit on picture size stated for Sig use and then centre align the %7Boption%7D code

i think i cropped mine in publisher

I wondered how to do this :P

do you know whats wrong with the gearbox/linkages? mine does exactly the same thing when shifting down from 5th to 4th nd 4th to 3rd, really hard to get into gear, want to get it sorted under the warranty.

i had this in my GTI

the sincro went in the gearbox. this happend coz there was no oil in the box. best thing i suggest it top the oil up and if still doing then take it and get it reconditioned

That serious of a problem? What kind of money are you talking? So topping it up could help? There's no crunch etc on mine it just struggles to select when changing down through those gears. Also how would I go about checking the gearbox oil level?

Edited by IBeef

ok so i fully changed the gearbox oil at a cost of £12.50, didnt do anythng so now i'm going to have to get i reconditioned this week. absolutely gutted, anyone know the price of getting this done?

• Like 1

Doesn't sound good ): I'm takin mine back to the dealer tomorrow for him to look at mine. So if I find out first I'll let you know. Not going to check if the gear linkages etc need doin first?

maybe will do mate, would that be expensive though? i'm pally with quite a few mechanics, so what does everyone think? i'm so confused, but ye if you can let me know what happens mate that would be great

any news then IBeef?

despite the fact that he did'nt deserve it what whith all the gearbox problems he's giving me, the lupo got a good wash n wax today

SAM_1462.jpg

SAM_1461.jpg

sorry for the slow progress, but lows will be coming next wednesday/thursday, plus a few extras such as maybe grill, bonnet bra, new badge etc

your loyalty will be rewarded! :thumbsup:

Edited by Dr_Barnett

and wheels! how did i forget :doh:

Hi mate, picked the car up tonight, starter motor is sorted, he said the mechanic stripped down all the linkages etc and greased them all up under the gator etc, its still stiff and ive had a few moments where its struggled to get into gear but it has improved. I'm gonna give it a month and see how it goes as the mechanic reckons because it was owned by an old lady (literally one year it did 1500 miles according to the service history) it probs hasn't seen the higher gears as much, so he said run it a month and see. i've got three months warranty so if its no better on a month I'm gonna take it back and demand further investigation. Does yours crunch etc? see mine is just stiff and doesn't crunch or make any funny noises, just wondering if its exactly the same? it often not constant is stiff shifting from 5th to 4th and 4th to 3rd, the thing thats annoyed me about it is sometimes its literally a fight to get it into gear, yet other times it will just smoothly select whichever gear i want. yours the same?

Edited by IBeef

thanks a lot for your help, mine literally wont go from 5th to 4th or 4th to 3rd no matter how hard i try.

say you are going from 5th to 4th, you have to "pretend" to go into 3rd, then shift it into 4th, all with the clutch down, so the car thinks you are shifting up from 3rd if that makes sense?

update:

badge in red oxide primer:

SAM_1466.jpg

SAM_1463.jpg

...i think you see where this is going :cheeky:

haha dont worry i'm not, just for the badge inserts, maybe callipers. They are only 250ml cans and there was an amazing deal on 15 cans so i couldn't say no :thumbup:

Also got a 2-piece spoier, going to paint underside of spolier (left) and wrap the top of them both in carbon (right):

SAM_1467.jpg